BLAME!

VivisQueen

[sadht]BLAME![/sadht][sadhl=431]blame[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Thread created for WYW discussion, but it's a public thread so any forum member may join in! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Episodes 1-6.. I think?
No idea... I think they are trying to finish biocomputer but it needs actual humans to operate it and these silicon dudes cannot operate it.

Well anyway you cannot learn much about this OVA in 4 minutes long episodes, a few dialogies, a few fights, a bit scenery and so on...

Well anyway, looks like the city is in other dimension (cyberspace?) that we are living and it has been expanding due (silicon guys?) and now that dimension is running out of space due hard disk is becoming full. So computer needs an admin, a human to wipe whole system because it won't allow any other than humans with 'net terminal genes' to operate it or defense system (anti-virus program?) will erase them.

Well doesn't make much sense but lets see your opinions too...

Episode 1-6 and the extra one

omg this goes beyond randomness u.u episode 1 NOTHING happened which was amazing since it's a 6 episodes with 5minutes only.. The drawing reminds me Soul Taker at some points with the colours, angles that makes them look with infinite legs and twisted scenarios.
Is the city like a endless vertical thing? since Cibo arrived in what looked like a elevator and said that she found a habitat 3000 levels UP >.< just wondering...
Anyway, Killy is human right? but he seems to have a super powerfull weapon but it's not like he used it that much..
ARGH, this show is insane ._. oh I liked the catchy music in the end of each episode xD

Episodes 1-6

If there's something I figured out, is that I want to read the manga. This anime is apparently an adaption of fragments from the manga (which is probably why the anime makes little to no sense >_>)
I'm just glad the episodes were 5 minutes long each, I couldn't have watched more then an hour of this :P

BLAME! Episode 1-6.

Mind = Fucked.

K. Erm... There was some infection or something? That wiped out most of the human race, and the big netsphere went out of control because of this because only certain people can control it, and it started rebuilding the city, only to fail miserably. And Killy has the gene that can control it possibly? And there are silicon creatures that are trying to kill the human race for reasons that I can't think of.

In short.
WHAT.
THE.
FUCK.

yeah, and I read that there's also some sort of prequel called Noise...
Like they got lazy doing the animation or something xD
Almost seems like it's a fan-made project. But then again, the quality of the animation is way too high for that. Who knows what lives inside the heads of the animators :nervous:

Maybe there are clues inside the animation?

Just wondering what that Girl was carrying from that elevator... Opened it and closed it without doing anything? So what was the purpose of it?

Maybe it was a scanner or something.
Didn't she only say "there's a habitat 3000 levels up" after she opened it?
I can't remember exactly, the whole series fried my brain :P

yeah, Cibo said that. there's a habitat 3000 levels up, dunno if there are any humans there but you should have a look just in case, or something like that xD

Oh and why do you think it was a scanner Kyoraku?

yeah, Cibo said that. there's a habitat 3000 levels up, dunno if there are any humans there but you should have a look just in case, or something like that xD

Oh and why do you think it was a scanner Kyoraku?

The way she opened it, said that thing about the habitat, and then closed it.
Maybe it scanned for something or something.

The thing makes no sense unless we read the manga I think we can grasp anyway :sweat:

But if we assume that thing was a 'scanner' why did she have to carry that heavy thing there... doesn't make sense...

Well anyway I think animation style looks pretty much like Ghost in the Shell...

Ghost In The shell? hmm not much, well maybe at some points. as I said before it made me remember Soul Taker.
Well, Reinhart is the manga worth reading? because I'm very curious now =3

Wooh, watched Blame!
Total mindfuck, but now when I read that it's adapted from a manga, it makes sense... that it didn't make sense :D I can only say thank god it wasn't longer.

However it did have cool effects and a nice style, and I really liked the voice of Cibo. Other than that, my brains stopped co-operating.

Hard to find this interesting... it is just disturbing, more like a demostration of skills for interview or something...

hmm, very atmospheric and cool architecture but not much else...
(but regarding that it does keep to the spirit of the manga, or at least those 2 or so volumes i read)

btw, its normal that its only 5 minutes long, right? i dont have just a trailer or something.

at least that way i might be able to squeeze in another film before i go back to sleep

BLAME! Episode 1-6.

Mind = Fucked.

K. Erm... There was some infection or something? That wiped out most of the human race, and the big netsphere went out of control because of this because only certain people can control it, and it started rebuilding the city, only to fail miserably. And Killy has the gene that can control it possibly? And there are silicon creatures that are trying to kill the human race for reasons that I can't think of.

In short.
WHAT.
THE.
FUCK.

I totally agree with the mind fuck stuff. It definetly was that. I didnt get much of the story with the abstractness going on there, but the anime was pretty and it had lots of pretty colors in it...lol. I did not know what was going on, but I kinda made up my own story as it went along.

it kinda reminds me of tamago no tenshi

oh well, it was a nice experiment and worth that half hour...but if this piqued your interest, read the manga

Back