Gunparade Orchestra

G

Gunparade Orchestra

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I wish someone was subbing it T.T
I liked the first series, and from the description and pictures I've seen, this one doesn't look bad either.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea its a surprise not even a single group has touched it. I was hoping the akeep/anbu squad would do this like they did the first. i mean someone has to do this series.

yeah it's the only one this season I was interested in that hasn't been subbed so far

i didn't even know a new gunparade series is airing. how direct (or indirect) is the connection to gunparade march?

The only real connection I found are the Phantom Beasts. The characters are all new, and it doesn't seem to rely that much on drama like GPM, but then, it's a full season (24 eps) this time and I never finished GPM to start with, so I'm probably not the most qualified person to talk about the differences.

CU,
lamer_de

In 8 eps I've seen, it's obvious this story will develop t a more leisurely pace than the GPM and true, the universe/setting are so far only connection.
IIRC GPM ended in 2000 on new years' eve, and here, we are beginning in early december 2000. Mecha designs are much more 'modern' though, and no sign of Momo-chan... uguu.
Speculation:
Maybe they embedded her in that weird Zero Type Cannon...

And yeah, as you can see, two versions to pick from:
Conclave, ~170m hardsubbed .avi (xvid)
Shin Getter, ~176m hardsubbed .avi
Would like to see some reviews/suggestions etc. ^^;

Not too bad I guess, having just watched the first episode. There wasn't a lot of character development thus far, but it's just one episode, so I'll reserve further judgement after the next few episodes. Still, the battle sequences and the reactions of the young pilots were indeed quite relevant and good.

wa-totem said:
And yeah, as you can see, two versions to pick from:
Conclave, ~170m hardsubbed .avi (xvid)
Shin Getter, ~176m hardsubbed .avi
Would like to see some reviews/suggestions etc. ^^;
I've posted it up as a new topic in the FQC, so hopefully someone will find spare time to a review, but next time, you may want to post in the FQC if you're really interested in seeing a review done on any series.

Already posted about this(and there were a few other posts as well that seem to have disappeared...)

The characters are retarded. Ok, fine, kids getting tossed into battle for the first time and completely screwing it up is fine, but then pretending they did it perfectly fine?

The animation itself is perfectly fine at least.

The problem lies with the overall tone of the show. It seems like nothing more than another shounen mecha show, instead of the drama that GPM was.

Normally I wouldn't judge a show that harshly based on the first episode, but it's nothing like it's predecessor at all. Quite a disappointment really.

forum ate my reply too it seems -- i basically agree with prisoner on all counts here. huge disappointment.

LadyArtemis said:
I've posted it up as a new topic in the FQC, so hopefully someone will find spare time to a review, but next time, you may want to post in the FQC if you're really interested in seeing a review done on any series.
Yeah I posted there. I even got an update, about Ultracarl's reply, but when I followed the link the forum replied there's no such thread o_O. But it seems your starter survived... there's post-eater on the loose! >.<

Do you remember first episode of original GPM? There was no sign of a drama series on the first episode, later we found out that it is a drama rather than action.

Alex_Liu said:
Do you remember first episode of original GPM? There was no sign of a drama series on the first episode, later we found out that it is a drama rather than action.

Yea, I vaguely remember it. I also remember it being a lot more serious, the indivudual characters acting far more intelligent, the humor being something more than a combination of every sight gag in existence, etc.

Even if GPO does turn out to be a action/drama like GPM was, that still doesn't change the fact that the show is a failure since it quite clearly conveyed a far different atmosphere to people besides myself in comparison to GPM.

It might be because the show is called "Gunparade Orchestra," and not "Gunparade March II" ^_^

CU,
lamer_de

So the difference between a march and an orchestra is that one is semi-original, and the other is completely generic?

Oh, ok, that makes sense.

Wait, not it doesn't. GPMII would have implied the same characters. We know the characters are different. However just because what is quite obviously another series based off of an original in one way or another, shouldn't appear to be a completely different show.

Prisoner1138 said:
Wait, not it doesn't. GPMII would have implied the same characters. We know the characters are different. However just because what is quite obviously another series based off of an original in one way or another, shouldn't appear to be a completely different show.

I have to agree, just because it has a different name doesn't mean it should be lower quality (look at Mai Hime/Mai Otome). I like GPM's serious tone much more even though it looked more like an action anime at ep1 and I liked the drama more. I'll definitely give it a couple more eps before I say definitely yes or no.

I must say, after having watched episode 2...

a stupid catfight between a bunch of brats does not constitute the same thing as GPM. If anything, it just shows how in the span of 1 episode a number of the characters have gotten even dumber

Unless a miracle happens in 3, i'm giving this show a thumbs down.

No arguments there... watched ep2 and was thinking "my hopes have been squashed"

Ep2:
Most of the episode was whine whine complain complain with "omg they must've been lovers" in between.. it really bugged me. I mean at this point it's obvious these people don't even understand that they're part of the military. Sure they might just be rejects or something but ... they're just so stupid XD
I'm hoping for the miracle that Prisoner speaks of.. if not, I might stop watching too (there's just better things to watch this season imo, and I was so enthusiastic about seeing a new GPM)

Back