H20 ~Footprints in the Sand~

Roxas

H20 ~Footprints in the Sand~

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Episode #: 1
I don't know what to think about this one yet. While the first episode was somewhat generic, it also was good for a few laughs and has some potentially interesting plot threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
so, the first ep of H2O has been subbed, and my impression is that I'll definitely check out the next ep, but my feelings are wishy-washy as of yet. There were some things that said 'this show has potential' and others that said 'generic eroge-romance with moe influx'. I don't even know if it is based on an eroge or whatever, the kids are in middle school and stuff, but whatever.

The ep starts off interestingly enough - we see who is apparently the lead female getting the shit kicked out of her by these guys. We also have a girl calling herself the Spirit of the sounds of Time or something like that. However, we don't see them long at first, and we meet the 5 or so school gals who are all brimming with generic uber-moe. The shy girl, the mean bitch loli with twintails, the other moe-moe classmates and all. Oh, and did I mention the main character is blind? He's blind. And there's a mix of blind badass who can smell his way around and blind flailing useless lump. In any case, before long we are introduced into a factor of the girl from before getting hated by everyone in class and ruthlessly brutalized by these ugly bastard, but everypne's telling the new guy to stay ut of it. Of course, he tries to be defensive, but, like, he's fucking blind and fails.

This is where the spirit girl comes in since she can grant him sight for periods of time. Conveniant, eh? Though if I were him I'm stay blind because he ens up sxually harassing this one girl a lot - I mean, he practically rapes her with his cane and then gets a facefull of panties later.

I don't know if this show will be consistently mixed between interesting and lame, but it's certainly better than the fist episode of Myself;Yourself so I guess I'll stick around for a bit.

Interesting anime, has potential. For me the first episode caught my attention so I'm waiting to see what happends next. Hopefully I don't have to wait to long though for the next ep to come out.

I dont know yet if I will like this one or not. I guess I need another episode to know. I always give anime I started a 3 episode chance to gain my liking. Except when there is a lot of gore in it. Then I drop it isntantly. Obviously that wasnt the case here. It interested me that they picked a blind person as a lead but that they just "solve" that by letting him see at the end of the first episode I find rather lame. Further, I'm not that much into fan service and they go quite overboard on that aspect here.

The real question is if the main character is no longer blind where will all the great comedy come from? For example, he probably won't fall down nearly as much, run into things, or molest his female counterparts.

I'd be a lot happier if they got rid of the fan service; it's hard to take this show seriously when they throw in a bunch of 12 year old panty shots. Granted, it isn't Kodomo no jikan (sp?), but its still pretty annoying.

humm this story about foot prints is a famous one.its the one saying in time of happiness there are two footprints cause god is walking beside us but in time of sadness there is only one not because god has abandoned us but because he is carrying us on his back!!
I realy realy love this saying so I was surprised and glad to hear it.though the ending part was not mentioned.I guess that will be for the end of the serie.
the music is to my taste too.kind of Irish type.I love Irish music.

I also like the fact that the boy is blind but his reactions are stupid.by hearing the voice he can tell its a girl no need to touch her .breaking through someone's privacy just like that.why they have to make everything preverted??
and hey a blind person in a normall school?how can he study?
and he is not even blind I know at the end of the serie he will gain the ability to see again and something like that.oh
and its my first time seeing boys bullying girls.scary!
this looks like another harem story full of fan service
though I have to say seems better than many others.at least looks like has something to say.for now I will keep watching.

humm this story about foot prints is a famous one.its the one saying in time of happiness there are two footprints cause god is walking beside us but in time of sadness there is only one not because god has abandoned us but because he is carrying us on his back!!

Somewhere around '02 DMX used it in one of his songs. This might be the best anime ever if they busted it out as the intro. Granted it would probably not fit at all with the mood of the show, but it might be one of the more entertaining things i have ever seen

Episode #: 2
Wow. This was a pretty interesting episode. The plot seems to be getting interesting and its only the second episode. T_T I feel really bad for Hayami but I'm glad that Takuma befriends her. Though I don't know what has happened in her past or the towns past I think she is blamed for something that she didn't do. With this episode it goes to show that a lot of people are afraid to go against the thoughts of the town because they don't want to be outcast either. It usually just takes one kind soul to change everything.

So far I'm liking the anime and I'm glad to see that there wasn't any fan service in this episode. Though that might only happen when Takuma is blind. Well I'll be excitedly waiting for the next episode. ^_^

Wow, props to Bakawolf and co for getting that out so fast. I wish the Major Season guys were as efficient.

The second episode was excellent. As rockenroll4life mentioned, there is no fanservice whatsoever, which was a little unexpected, given the first episode. Hirose and Kohinata are both strong leads, and their interaction in this episode was very touching. I hope I can get my hands on the next episode soon because I've become marginally curious about why everyone loathes Hayami.
Honestly, it's hard not to hate that Yui girl, her cronies, and all those supporting characters for treating Kohinata like trash. It felt pretty good when Hirose stood up to that kind of abuse and offered Kohinata his support. It's clear they're trying to make the princess (Hinata) into a character the audience likes, but so far she's just a little less despicable than the rest of school crowd for her attitude toward Hayami. If it doesn't turn out that not only has Kohinata done something terrible to her, but done it intentionally, my opinion of her will remain somewhat low, regardless of how much they play her up in the future.

After the second episode I am starting to become annoyed that they will not say why everyone loathes Hayami. I hope that when the reason finally comes out, it isn't something petty, which would make that wait pointless.

Guess they can't give away everything in the first 2 episodes.... no doubt we will discover the reason shortly. I do find this show interesting and will keep watching it I think.

Episode #2 impression: I'm still thinking this show is going to go the route of crap. Obviously two episodes isn't a make or break mark for this sort of show i.e. there are quite a few characters with very differing story lines coming into the same location. However, the producers seem confused which leads me to believe that rather than the show having an over-arcing empowering message, it is instead going to put forward a bunch of half-demonstrated ideals and at the same time fail to provide any real thorough justification for any of them.

My reasons for thinking this show is not planned well and will therefore self-destruct at some point:
I am familiar with the whole god walks beside you footprints in the sand thing which is obvious what the title is referencing if you listen to the girl's monologue at the beginning. So we have a promised boy who meets a spirit girl who gives him vision which he doesn't have for some mysterious non-medical reason. The very inexperienced boy for some reason despite his own disability isn't familiar with being bullied or abused and so befriends the official TOWN scapegoat. The official town scapegoat is OK with being a scapegoat for some reason. The class leader who originally befriended her and paid for it in some awful way now decides to befriend the boy who is following her regretted path even though this would seem really stupid for a person who already suffered at the hands of her community due to her decisions and doesn't know the blind boy outside of his fanservice introduction. We have a nasty brat girl and her minions. Basically all the characters are flat at this point. They all seem to have one unwaivering behavior pattern. This doesn't auger well for a good show especially when you consider the level of fanservice. It just seems like the producers aren't going to bother with coherency and instead will try to use fanservice to brush by the screw ups.

However, this is only the second episode; so, I can be wrong.

H2o.. Wow.. Saw first 3 eps last night..=P And it was good but a friend told me I'd get angry cause of what happens to Kohinata. Guess he was right. Good anime though but the ending of ep 3 was like =O

Episode 4:
I was very very surprised to find out at the end of the episode that Hamaji was a boy. Just really didn't see that one coming. I'm glad to see that Kohinata is kind of standing up for herself (by not backing away from Hirose and asking him about his feelings) instead of just backing down like Hinata wants her to do.

Episode 4:
I was very very surprised to find out at the end of the episode that Hamaji was a boy. Just really didn't see that one coming. I'm glad to see that Kohinata is kind of standing up for herself (by not backing away from Hirose and asking him about his feelings) instead of just backing down like Hinata wants her to do.

yeah, I was kind of surprised Kohinata was strong enough to actually ask him that. Usually, it's near the end of the show that we get a scene like that. And Hinata is a bastard if the only reason she acts like that to Hayami is some dispute long in the past that wasn't Hayami's fault, and because she doesn't want to tarnish the family name

I watched ep. 5 and all I have to say is Hinata is a manipulative bitch and I hope she dies painfully. Oh, and Hirose needs to remember where he put his spine, because he actually had one in episode two.

Back