New feature: auto-post your site activity on Facebook!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Following in the footsteps of our recent auto-tweet on Twitter feature, you can now auto-post your content on Facebook! To set up the feature, go to your edit profile page, click the 'log in with Facebook' button, and then choose the content you want to be auto-posted on your behalf. YOU MUST OPT-IN TO AUTO-POST CONTENT, you are OPTED OUT BY DEFAULT.

:megusta:

Please let us know if you run into any issues!

And remember to follow the site on Facebook, Anime-Planet!
We'd love your help with spreading the word about the site on Facebook, such as sharing feature updates we post on there, or even just using the feature!

Finally, if you enjoy this feature, please consider donating to support the site. We have some pretty big costs right now (not only the multiple servers a month cost, but also the redesign effort, professional designer, etc) and anything helps. <3

I admittedly had expected more people would be excited about this! @_@

really like that we have a facebook feature but i hope it gets some fine tuning. it's a bit spammy if every time we watch an episode, rate something, ect and it goes onto facebook as all separate posts at the same time. keeping the option to post episodes separate from status and rating options would be the change that i vote for. i understand everyone has different tastes and that surely makes running this site all the more challenging.still, you to great Sothis. thx.

really like that we have a facebook feature but i hope it gets some fine tuning. it's a bit spammy if every time we watch an episode, rate something, ect and it goes onto facebook as all separate posts at the same time. keeping the option to post episodes separate from status and rating options would be the change that i vote for. i understand everyone has different tastes and that surely makes running this site all the more challenging.still, you to great Sothis. thx.

I've also noticed my wall was full of A-P posts, so I deleted about half of them. Feature is great, and works fine, but some sort of customization would be nice.
Personally, I'm only interested in posting something when I've set something to complete or watching. Ratings sometimes, but episode counts, not so much.

this is strange. i turned off the option for episodes but it is still posting to my FB wall when i update the episodes i've watched.

episodes are a part of the first 'anime' setting so you cant turn them off individually yet. if you have anime status set itll update eps - we're working on splitting them up

Back