XXXHOLiC

Kerghan

XXXHOLiC

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

hmm, well i watched 1st episode and here are some things.
1) Mokona roxors, and Mokona dancing in the outro roxors j00 soxors =D ( for non 1337 speakers its means its very awesome =P )

2) Im in love with the strange lady already, she rules.

3)
I dont like the slow start about the ghosts. So what if he can see them? and so what if they cling to someone else?

4) Main guy is kinda too whiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, Mokona is awesome (both of them)

The one minor thing I don't like is how they draw the characters with even longer limbs than in the manga... which makes them look a bit stickly.

As to the ghosts thing, the deal with seeing them is that it annoys him,
Ep1: possible spoilers
as in the ep, he gets squished by that blob thing. Wouldn't you be really annoyed if they followed you everywhere and they did things like that all the time?

The deal with them clinging to someone else is something that appears only in the anime, maybe to make it more believeable that he'd just suddenly agree to work at the shop. I don't know. In the manga, (if I remember correctly) he just does. Making it more the consequence of Watanuki's personality.

Still, it's a great anime so I'm looking forward to more.

Man, i have serious hots for that witch. She is just AWESOME. If i met a woman like her, hell, id work for her for free =D

great show so far. i love the opening song. this is such a different series than what i'm used to seeing that it's a nice break from everything else ^^_.

xxxholic_movie_07_10_vlcsnap-2516783.PNG

screenshot not from the series but from the movie - weird thing they have.

Yuuko is awesome... and the anime adapted her pretty good from what I've seen. This is one of the anime I'd like to get the rest of the episodes for, although I'm following the manga currently.
And it was awesome to see the Gohou Drug crossover show up even if it was too too short (shorter than the manga)

I think episode 16 is the latest epy in Japan, and I've seen the 16 so far.
Yes, Mokona rox. Yes, the opening and ending theme rocks.
There's a new ending theme in episode 16, btw.

I have just recently started d/l anime to fill in that void while waiting on my next Netflix discs. I have seen the name of this series all over the anime community, and decided to give it a try...

I'm hooked. I love it. To me (at least), it seems original, and you can't wait to see what happens to Watanuki next (even though this is mostly an episodic anime.)

I'm not one to usually listen to the opening music of an anime... I just skip right to the episode. However, I love this opening song. I watch every opening just to hear it... and dance in my computer chair (although I know the thought of that probably frightens some of you.)

My only complaint... as someone mentioned earlier... the way the characters are drawn with the extra long limbs... kinda freaky.

Ok, I'll write up a little summary, just give me a couple of days. I'll also be sending you a summary for Nana if you don't have it already.

as far as the way the chars are drawn shigure, that is the style of the CLAMP artists for the most part. they do a lot of their series like that, they also draw characters that are more japanese looking than american looking which you find a lot in anime series.

the episodicness of the series kind of reminds me of Cowboy Bebop where they are standalone eps but in the end you see how they all come together to make one big picture.

This series impressed me a lot. The atmosphere, the plot, the characters... everything is so mysterious and magical! It gave me the creeps many times and very few shows succeed in doing that. I like Watanuki, he's sweet and funny.

Been collecting and watching the show so far and I can tell ya its pretty good. :)

Been collecting and watching the show so far and I can tell ya its pretty good. :)

I've been wanting to watch this,so your saying it's good? I may have to add this to my WTW list! :crying:I'm missing the main site right now!
YAY, the smilies are back!

I've been wanting to watch this,so your saying it's good? I may have to add this to my WTW list! :crying:I'm missing the main site right now!
YAY, the smilies are back!

Well to me its good. But for you I would say to just try it out first somehow. If you can find the first vol dvd for rent somewhere to just watch it so you can get a feel for the show.
Add it to your list if you want but give it a try too. :)

Have watched two episodes sofar and find the animation and music to be truly unique and wonderful. It seems the 2nd season consists of 13 episodes (xxxHOLiC Kei) and there's also a seperate movie "A Midsummer Nights Dream".

Have watched two episodes sofar and find the animation and music to be truly unique and wonderful. It seems the 2nd season consists of 13 episodes (xxxHOLiC Kei) and there's also a seperate movie "A Midsummer Nights Dream".

Yeah I need to get the movie. I saw it at the store and failed to get it. I plan on doing that soon. :)

Back