Kurogane no Linebarrels

Pidjiken

Kurogane no Linebarrels

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendation

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I realized that there wasn't a thread for this anime when I wanted to post how irritating the weeks episode was. So yea... Here it is.(Stole your format rock, hope you don't mind.)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have only been able to sit through one ep of this so far.... it's so bad really i dunno if i want to bother watching it....

i have only been able to sit through one ep of this so far.... it's so bad really i dunno if i want to bother watching it....

I always give anime's 4 episodes before dropping them. the fourth ep just blew me away.
His friends death was sudden and unexpected. Fuck it I'll just link the scene.
YouTube - kurogane no Linebarrels-Kouichi Go's INSANE

It's a very good scene and was completely unexpected, the rest of the series so far has been sub-par with some fillers and a great deal of comedy. I was really hoping he'd reflect on what happened for more than just 1 episode but meh...

It gets better chii, not a lot better, but it is now mildly entertaining.

Before his death, I was figuring it was going to go down the cliche road(which it has on many aspects) and his friend was going to get pissed and become his enemy, guess i was wrong.

It gets better chii, not a lot better, but it is now mildly entertaining.

Before his death, I was figuring it was going to go down the cliche road(which it has on many aspects) and his friend was going to get pissed and become his enemy, guess i was wrong.

the first five episodes were the best part of the series. It's gone downhill since imo. Now its just another giant robot show with ecchi thrown in.

Yeah, that is the reason why it kept me watching, otherwise, I would've stopped watching (because of those damn lines under there eyes!!). I think because
he was spouting all this justice crap, while having his own definition of justice was pretty interesting (seems to me that they were poking fun at all the other shows that do that), but yeah, after his friends death, and he joined w/e, it did go down a notch or two, but it is this late in the show, that I don't really care and will still watch it, that and the interaction between him and the leader is entertaining.

Very well
*loads gun and blasts Pidj in the head*

Maybe now he will shut up about Minori.:laugh:

And yeah, that episode was poop. Although there was some development in the romance section, which, next episode will regress back to how it was before.

Very well
*loads gun and blasts Pidj in the head*

Maybe now he will shut up about Minori.:laugh:

And yeah, that episode was poop. Although there was some development in the romance section, which, next episode will regress back to how it was before.

I curse Minori with my dying breath !!!!

I hope it does. With the Christmas episodes and now this... It's seriously making me consider dropping it.

First 4 episodes were win. Then there were few episodes of "Joyful time" crap, that almost made me drop watching it. I'm damn glad I didn't though, since eps 13 and 14
gets back into mindfcking, berserking "hero of justice" lunatic that made the show so enjoyable. I'm pretty unimpressed by his friend being revived though
So if you like the style of first 4 episode, and then got bored by poorly done ecchi comedy get through them cuz the 13-14 picks up the earlier pace :]

I think the first 4 eps is the only thing good about this series.
16 has got to be one of the worst episodes I have seen. (along with the beach ep) It's so bad i don't even care that
Yajima is back. *sigh*
And ugh! The Presidents games in ep 16 were really annoying to watch! Some may have found them funny but agh I thought it was ridiculous. XD I'm not that pushed to see more, but I'm going to, in hope that this Yajima thing will be interesting. And I wanna find out more about Emi :love:

Yeah the show has become what I thought it was going to be when I sat down to watch ep 1. And I agree I liked the first 4-5 or so, but then it just went down hill, although it was never far "uphill" to begin with.

Seriously though, I fucking new Yajima would be a bad guy.

That is me on the first page, lmfao, guess I said that too soon lol.

Yeah the show has become what I thought it was going to be when I sat down to watch ep 1. And I agree I liked the first 4-5 or so, but then it just went down hill, although it was never far "uphill" to begin with.

Seriously though, I fucking new Yajima would be a bad guy.

That is me on the first page, lmfao, guess I said that too soon lol.

Seems you said that too soon too haha.

Afterall he wasn't so much a bad guy as an idiot, and only for an episode.

Is anyone still watching this? I'm actually amazed it got good.

I'd say it got better upon Yajima's revival, that fight in the karaoke corridor seemed to be the turning point for the series from shit to awesome. It's kind of funny when you think about it. The series seems to only be good when Yajima's alive, after all, it went to shit right after he died haha.

I had originally thought that they'd spin it in the manner of Juda actually being the bad guys, never thought they'd have just been the pawns. I'm a little disappointed that this became partially a harem but I can forgive it.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think they'd kill off Kisaki. Good god Kouichi's pissed. Can't wait for the next episode.

What are you talking about "it got good."

That was the shittiest twist ever. They killed all those people just to get the people on earth angry so they would fight? Like they wouldn't have fought before? Like that the normal people would even stand a chance against the mechs? They could have just went to earth, and just trapped them before they landed in the first place. Damn stupid writing.

I stalled this out around episode 10. Just gonna wait for the dvd or a batch to come out.

What are you talking about "it got good."

That was the shittiest twist ever. They killed all those people just to get the people on earth angry so they would fight? Like they wouldn't have fought before? Like that the normal people would even stand a chance against the mechs? They could have just went to earth, and just trapped them before they landed in the first place. Damn stupid writing.

I considered that, but when you really think about it he had one of them with him at all times. Had he tried something like that he'd have probably been killed on the spot and they would have just sent someone else in which they wouldn't have had a chance period.

I don't see the point in having them fight each other but at the same time I kind of do. His other option would have been to what? Raise a secret army? How could giant mechs in a secret army train without being noticed? I suppose he's just lucky they didn't kill each other off.

ep24
wow could this show get any lamer? ohh everybody lets send out colorful energy to linebarrel to help save the world <<< that's like some crappy early 90's power rangers shit :/

seriously and now everyone survives after they were suppose to die after the machina stopped when the D.S.O.I.L's energy ran out. really really?!?

Ya its finally over! 2.5/5
maybe im being to generous on the rating.

ep24
wow could this show get any lamer? ohh everybody lets send out colorful energy to linebarrel to help save the world <<< that's like some crappy early 90's power rangers shit :/

seriously and now everyone survives after they were suppose to die after the machina stopped when the D.S.O.I.L's energy ran out. really really?!?

Ya its finally over! 2.5/5
maybe im being to generous on the rating.

All in all I'd give it a 1/5. The parts that were terrible heavily outweigh the extremely few parts I enjoyed.

Im pretty sure after watching a few more shows of other mecha ina few days my rating is going to drop even more. I always seem to be a little generous for rating right after the show ends. :/ even right now im thinking less of the show.

I wonder of the manga is just as crappy?

Back