Read Or Die TV

I

Incantrix

[sadht=ROD TV]Read Or Die TV[/sadht][sadhl=438]read-or-die-tv[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Already after two episodes, there seem to be a lot more questions than answers. I still want to know what was up with the photograph. (And no, not the the with 'The Paper')

Post your questions here :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Which photograph would that be, the one that burns up in the opening of the first episode?

Yomika poon? :-D

Actually, we're talking about episode 2 -- and the photogragh of the author-girl with someone younger. I didn't think it was Yomika. (And its the second one, not the first one WITH Yomika...)

:oro: make sense?

Revives the dead thread...

SPOILERS up to ROD 4....

Its abou time we had some more action. School is fun. And our strange grils are already getting into trouble. Woo-wee! And there's Joker-san! But its never this cut-n-dry, is it?

.......................................................................................

.............there................is a RoD......TV series? O_o

man, I loved the OVA..............

interesting

Why isn't ep 5 out yet? I read elsewhere its because it won't air for a week or 2, however the raw has been available on saiyamans website for a long time. According to animesuki, the series has been licenced which I think is the main reason, but if thats the case, will any group sub them anyway? I'm watching the raw right now for goodness sake! :frustrat:

okay, i mustve said this like 10 times already today in aone... :mad:

R.O.D TV was liscensed way before ep 1 ever aired, and we released eps 1-4, why would we drop it now?

ROD TV airs 2 eps twice a month(so 4 eps a months) there are gonna be 26 eps

eps 5/6 aired on the 1st of october, the reason why you havent seen eps 5 from us is because we like to release the 2 eps at about the same time (eps 5 and 6)
also EP 5 has got a new op... so that is one of the resons its gonna take longer

i dunno about a-s, but the simple matter is, sometimes groups just end up taking a lil longer for numerous reasons

So, smash are you saying that you're group is going to keep fansubbing ROD TV untill it's done?

I watched the first 2 episodes and I must say I think it is wonderful, even if the plot is developing rather slowly...

*Trudges thread up from the depths of Hades to discuss with Kelsie*

Episode 5

I'm enjoying the show so far, although I really find it hard to put my finger on why. The three girls are all entertaining in their own right (particularly the brown-haired one), and the action scenes are good so far (although perhaps not as creative as they were in the OVA). I also like the dynamic between Nenene as and her "bodyguards", partly because of how absolutely justified she is in being pissed off at their antics.

Looking forward to some more developments involving the grey-haired girl and her employers/entourage.

I actually own this. I may rewatch it with you guys, I am now debating doing so since my first play through I was expecting something like ROD, which it's actually very different from. I was actually a little disappointed with it due to having such high expectations, but if I remember right the ending was strong, although I don't remember how it ended.

I actually own this. I may rewatch it with you guys, I am now debating doing so since my first play through I was expecting something like ROD, which it's actually very different from. I was actually a little disappointed with it due to having such high expectations, but if I remember right the ending was strong, although I don't remember how it ended.

Please do join in, honey. We're not really watching this in any structured fashion, as Kelsie has to watch it a lot more quickly than I am able to, but I think we're discussing things at my pace, which is approximately 1 episode per night (although I'm taking next weekend off). Any more chatter is always welcome.

Episode 1-6
So far, I don't really have much to comment on about the series. Very little has happened at this point.

Michelle, the book-happy, overly-cheerful sister is creepy. Lol. I have to wonder if she's on some sort of drugs or something. Her habit of dressing-up for and rubbing her body all over other women is also rather... strange... (Not that I have anything against lesbians, but I *don't* think that's what they're trying to imply, so it just seems... odd.)

About time somebody familiar showed up recently, yay Joker. Why he seems to be working with this strange group... I guess we'll find out.

It'd be nice if we could actually see Yumiko Readman though, (The Paper.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh.

I loved the OVA, that's some quirky, hilarious action-packed stuff. When it comes to my preferred action heroes in anime Yomiko Readman would be somewhere in the top five.

The series? I think it starts off slow and is honestly not that good for a long stretch of time, and though it does get better later overall it's just not that terribly good. There are moments and some certainly very well orchestrated developments but as a whole... meh.

I'm not really expecting anything particularly special out of it, but who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I liked this series a lot, even though I don't think it's especially good. The characters are fun and I found their interactions endearing and cute. The first half of of the series is strikingly dissimilar from the second, but still enjoyable. I'd consider watching this show again. One of the first handful of anime series I ever fully watched, I didn't realize that there was an OVA preceding ROD the TV at the time. I'm not sure if I would've enjoyed it more the other way around (chronological viewing order) because the familiar characters would've meant something to me, or less because I would've had different expectations.

I loved the first 3/4th of this series so much. Not so much for the plot but the character interactions. I thought the ending was a bit weird but not to bad
This was the first anime I started buying dvds for (it was airing on tv and I couldn't wait for the next episode lol) so it has a special place in my heart

i bough the limited collectors box set because i like this show and the ova also . the characters are what make it for me and the tie to the ova is nice....the relationship of the 3 sisters is very nice and i always disliked mr. joker so .......but what the hell happened to wendy????

Episode 7 is really... really... weird...

It also barely even resembled previous episodes in the series, seems they tried to go for Mystery/Thriller feel out of nowhere. :@_@:

You'll see what I mean you get to that episode. Lol. Should give us something amusing to discuss.

Back