Please fill out this survey asap to help influence our redesign!

Status
Not open for further replies.
....and not be changeable is stupid...
Indeed it would be, but that's not the way it is. Whatever is going on it's some issue that you're having, not part of the design.

I'll try it from my note and see what happens....I'm getting the same results on my note also...I put 1 into the last box and clicked done and the page auto filled numerical 1-23 or what ever c it was...I wonder if it is my isp or something cause it acts th e same way on 3 different comps....

I'll try it from my note and see what happens....I'm getting the same results on my note also...I put 1 into the last box and clicked done and the page auto filled numerical 1-23 or what ever c it was...I wonder if it is my isp or something cause it acts th e same way on 3 different comps....

Everything You Need to Know About SurveyMonkey

They have a contact page, twitter, and facebook. Try contacting them and telling them about it r. It'll make more sense if you screen shot the error (Prt Scr).

I'm all done!

I lol'd on the last set of questions because the only thing I marked "Very frequently" was the Laptop/PC and everything else was never...

Done.

Hope the junk reviews get purged in the re-design (and steps taken to prevent them from returning). I would donate to the site if that was done, as junk reviews are spoiling Anime Planet considerably for me (and they are long overdue a clean up IMO).

define junk review and define purge?
Purge as in remove them from the site.

And for junk reviews, that varies. But generally those reviews that are often no more than comments, and offer no insight into the anime at all. Most are nothing more than fanboy reviews and summerised as "I love this anime because I love this anime". Such as this:
Baccano! Anime Review by Aylet | Anime-Planet

In the very worst cases you have something like this:
Sekirei Anime Review by AmimeCow | Anime-Planet

Which you yourself have commented on, but didn't see fit to remove from the site. Which I do have to wonder why, as reviews like that make the site look cheap and tacky, degrade it all round, and significantly put users off using the site. They have no place on any anime site, yet alone this one.

Then you get reviews like this that are not reviews at all, just users promoting their own reviews on other sites. I want to read a review on Anime Planet, not be asked to go off-site to read/listen to a review elsewhere (if I want to read/listen to reviews elsewhere, then I will go elsewhere for them).
B Gata H Kei Anime Review by DavidWP | Anime-Planet

I have well over 100 "so called reviews" like those above bookmarked since the New Year, and adding more every time I go looking for a new anime (sadly, reviews like those are not at all hard to find). So as I said, I really hope something will be done about them in the re-design, as they do put me off using this site (and I'd be surprised if I am alone). And I would be willing to donate if the review section was cleaned up (and steps taken to prevent it from getting junked up again)

Edit: Wow, just came across this one, and it immediately goes into my top 10 of junk reviews.
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Tomthe1337/reviews/3643

I hope one day AP will put a stop to this sort of crap. Won't hold my breath though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this really isn't the place to be talking about reviews, but I'd like to add that spoilers are a big problem as well. Some people are nice enough to mention and point out where the spoilers are in the review, but others don't even warn the reader. This was some time ago, but I've seen a few where they even spoil character deaths. Would it be possible for there to be review mods?

okay i just accidentally found i can actually move the lines from on position to another...is this how i'm supposed to rank them???because it is cumbersome as hell....

Done! I'll try to spread it around...I'm curious to see what this redesign will bring about! :thumbsup:

I lol'd on the last set of questions because the only thing I marked "Very frequently" was the Laptop/PC and everything else was never...
Lol, me too. XD Although I may start using a smartphone for a quick updating of my anime list, when my 12-year-old Nokia will shuffle off its mortail coil and force me to buy one.

And for junk reviews...
I second that, they piss me off. :flip: I realise I probably go overboard the opposite way and make mine way too long, but bloody hell some are just the text equivalent of a like/dislike button!

Same here (minus the "lol'd" part). I neither have nor want any form of cell/smart phone, nor any iCrap. The only non-laptop/pc item I have is an android tablet, which I never use for much of anything.

okay i just accidentally found i can actually move the lines from on position to another...is this how i'm supposed to rank them???because it is cumbersome as hell....

It's not how it's "supposed" to be done, merely an optional way to do it. When I did it, I just set the numbers in the dropdown boxes & everything worked fine.

Play with it, it's not that complicated. If it is, like I said, try their support channels.

Done! I'll try to spread it around...I'm curious to see what this redesign will bring about! :thumbsup:

Lol, me too. XD Although I may start using a smartphone for a quick updating of my anime list, when my 12-year-old Nokia will shuffle off its mortail coil and force me to buy one.

I second that, they piss me off. :flip: I realise I probably go overboard the opposite way and make mine way too long, but bloody hell some are just the text equivalent of a like/dislike button!

Heck, nothing wrong with making them way too long, if there was such a thing... That's what a review is suppose to do IMO. If you're giving me as much information about it as possible, that's a big plus for me.

As long as you add the spoilers where they apply, Many thanks will given from me.

Survey completed. Sadly enough I have no friends who are into anime at all so I cannot pass this along. Thanks for all of your effort Sothis, I love this place.

Heck, nothing wrong with making them way too long, if there was such a thing... That's what a review is suppose to do IMO. If you're giving me as much information about it as possible, that's a big plus for me.

As long as you add the spoilers where they apply, Many thanks will given from me.
Glad to hear that, I don't write reviews as often as I used to (because real life) but when I do they often feel like an unreadable wall of text. :sweat:
Also, I try to put no spoilers at all in them, except maybe very minor ones; this has caused me to write some pretty awkwardly-structured sentences in the past. :baka:

When will the survey be closed? There's a couple of friends I might send this over to, but I'd like to tell them also how much time they have.
I'm actually pretty curious to see the results, expecially the first question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back