Shangri-La

shortlex

[sadht]Shangri-La[/sadht][sadhl=2374]shangri-la[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Since this is going to air in 2 days time, I shall post it here in advance.
I saw the trailer and seems very promising, produced by Gonzo, I will take the time to watch it, even though my internet is crap.

It's like a post apocalypse anime. I don't know anything else besides that!

shangri-la.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First ep was so so. A few things sort of bug me even the first opening scene. Probably will watch another ep or two before dropping.

The first ep was defiantly interesting. It looks like it could turn into something good.

First ep was so so. A few things sort of bug me even the first opening scene. Probably will watch another ep or two before dropping.

I don't so much mind the opening scene, so much as the whole deal with lolis running the world. The bit where they had the loli on the PC chewing out the old guy from the third world country was moronic. I understand where they're going with the premise, but it's like the theme was created by a writer heavily under the influence of drug induced paranoia.

I can almost imagine the writer just sitting at a table with his editors passing a joint around going crazy about carbon emissions -_-"

At the very least the fights will be interesting, and gonzo is at least giving it a good budget. Otherwise...the premise just irks me.

Last edited:
I am not at all happy with this infusion of annoying/bland female leads in the last few seasons (kurokami, rideback, K-ON, Valkyria, and now this). I'm hoping she develops into an interesting lead, but right now... I'm not sure.

I actually like the premise, environmental/government control themes I'm seeing are ok so far. I just wish it would take itself more seriously (that little girl, the "man-eater").

I'm pretty stoked about this.
ep 1 was a nice set up with a seemingly interesting premise.
this could be really good.
:drink:

Episode 2:

This episode hasn't hooked me in either, but it's still interesting enough to continue watching. The story is picking up with the complex carbon situation, multiple factions warring, the jungle, and the shady Atlas city so I shouldn't be disappointed.

The Medusa system for the carbon market was crazy to watch. I feel kinda bad for that pokemon looking thing in the water.

From the looks of 2 episodes it looks like really interesting world setting that is not followed by interesting story. I mean theoretically "something" was going on this past 2 eps, but to me it sounded just like a bunch of "oh we have so many secrets" talks with a bit of fighting animation to wake viewer up. Still... the idea of carbon regulations and jungle in Tokyo is amusing enough to see whether it will pick the pace of story up, and turn into something worth the time.

I feel like this anime is taking on a lot. It is really trying to say something about the environment and I'm not sure if a school girl with a boomerang and few transgenders are going to do the trick. This one is a little on the strange side but being to relative to our time and being from Gonzo I have high expectations. I mean gonzo has done some pretty great stuff but then we all remember Gantz( which has to be the worst anime ever).

Well I like teh series so far. After the first 3 episodes I was uncertain, but 4 through 6 were very good.

Ep 7 was pretty good.
Got some background as to why Kuniko was in prison in ep 1. Ended with a nice cliffhanger, too.

This series has got some really weird characters, but it's starting to show signs of a pretty interesting story.

I will stick to Shangri La too. it seems to be interesting somehow. It started very boring and it took about 3 episodes to make it more interesting. The characters are very weird but interesting. Especially Momoko, from the chars we see more regularly. Havent seen every episode so far but Hiruko and his eyeball room still scare me :@_@:
The fact i don't get is this whole carbon stuff. This makes it a bit hard for me to understand the whole background. Specific, what this company,Ishida Finance and their Medusa system, do to "regulate" the market to their advantage.
Can somebody describe it to me an easy way please ?^^ I am not that good with the financial vocabulary.

Ep 8 - 9: Twisted!
The massacre of the girls was totally unexpected, as was Kuniko's finding their corpses still there in the prison yard...

And that eyeball room with the screaming child in a pool of blood...that's all sorts of fucked up.

The last few episodes have definitely been a lot better. The dark twists have been making the show more interesting.

The fact i don't get is this whole carbon stuff. This makes it a bit hard for me to understand the whole background. Specific, what this company,Ishida Finance and their Medusa system, do to "regulate" the market to their advantage.
Can somebody describe it to me an easy way please ?^^ I am not that good with the financial vocabulary.

I don't know either. I'm not sure if I want to know. Those were really boring episodes of the show, I just want to cut that part out of this show.

Just saw epi 10 last night :)
What I get from the carbon market and I could be dead wrong, but I think that its something simply used to control people and countries.

Just finished the last episode and all i have to say is wow! The series was going along fine with the pace and storyline, and then it was like they tried to cram 2-3 episodes worth of material into the very last episode. After that ending I had to knock it down in the ratings.

Frankly it just ended up not being very interesting. Potential there maybe, but in the end it was just... boring.

Back