Asura Cryin'

Wright

Asura Cryin'

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Didn't know what to expect, but it seems pretty awesome. It's got what seem to be pretty cool characters, ghosties, crazy magic dudes, guns, and a giant robot thing. Looking forward to the next episodes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished the 1st episode of this and I must say.. It's very interesting. I can't really make an accurate assumption on this yet till I see a few more episodes because I'm still trying to figure out what's going on after watching it. All I got out of it was a 3 way war.

I must say that all I got out of this was: Whaaaaaaat??

Seriously, there should be a limit to how much stuff is allowed in one episode. I think there was ~10 character intros; minimum 3 factions of characters; magic, guns and sci-fi looking powers. (not including assassin/ninja looking powers, or in the future mecha style fights)

Even though there was so much going on though, I found most of it fairly typical on it's own anyway. Although, the robot design was unique.

I'm simple minded.. what can I say. I mean, I could grasp a lot of what was happening, but to me, the characters introduced in the first episode could end up dead and insignificant 5 episodes in. I don't necessarily take characters for granted unless they're in 3/4 of the series altogether if its a 13 episode season. The only exception to that is Kamina from TTGL.. and well, we know what happened to him :crying:.

Also, the magic, guns, explosions, etc aren't really what make a good series for me. Those are just additional components to the story. Character development along with an exceptional story is what gives me a good watch. My top 5 holds all of that true.

Just finished first Ep. It sort of reminded me of FMA with their costumes and the use of magic. I think it did a pretty good job of setting up overall.

I didn't really get the whole escalation of the situation and the cause of it. Hoping the next episode will enlighten me.

mecha, super powers, yakuza, a ghost, ample breast shots without comedic fan service, mysterious deals in the past, guns, magic, dark and light secret societies, possibly some amnesia or repressed memories... packed into one episode?

this could be awesome or totally fail. I'm thinking awesome and based on the first episode this is my favorite this season so far. detail-wise the high school uniforms in this show are by far the coolest I have ever seen in any anime.... not that it makes or breaks a show I'm just saying.

ARGH!!!!!
I was hoping Misao was actually a ghost!
But it looks like I'm wrong. I have a weird fixation with death and ghosts, not necessarily for horror. I was hoping that Misao would be the incarnation of a sibling or childhood friend that died a long time ago. But I don't think that's going to happen.

Bleh. It looks like it's going to take a turn towards Sci fi. It's 1 episode in and there's a crapton of fantasy jargon about extracting, projecting, darkness, religion, argh.

I expected this to be the soft kind of anime. What an overkill is this then.
I did think it was awesome somehow. Though i couldnt remember any of the names.
The orange haired girl is cute though :D

I just finished watching it. Is it really necessary for EVERY anime to leave the viewer completely in the dark? I get it, its a ploy to get people interested so they come back and find out what is going on.

But, seriously, that 3 way standoff near the end???
I felt like this is the kind of scene used when the season is already well into it. It doesn't do anything for the viewer, it does not create that sense of tension that it should. All we know is that we know nothing.....

Ep 2: That was pretty cool
So, Natsume's inherited one badass magic mecha, with Misao being some sort of connection/powersource/something, and three competing factions are out to control it. "Dark Society" implies evil. The guy in the white suit seems to be part of a good faction, but then he pulls a gun on Natsume. The cute shrine maiden is some sort of "devil," and a member of a ruthless gang. Interesting.

Nice dash of fan service at the beginning.

episode 2 made my eyes bleed. Sorry for whoever is liking this, but I just thought it went off the deep end with that episode. Added more convoluted stuff, and what they did have was pretty bad imo.

I've dropped it so I don't have to suffer anymore.

So I wasn't all too interested in the light novels as they felt like other shounen junk like Shana (at least there's no Rie Kugimiya to kill the ears), but then someone told me to at least try the first episode because it might pique my interest. So . . .

The first episode was interesting. It felt like a strange amalgam of Erementar Gerad (+/-) and MOO (-), so that doesn't necessarily mean . . . well, anything. The overall atmosphere and mood (outside the school days and the harem/loser male friend setup) feels like Aquarian Age (++). The show feels like it will devolve into Rental Magica (-) though, which isn't good. I'll keep this show in the back of my mind, but seeing the blatant generic harem setup from the OP and the annoying addition of mecha (at least they don't look like Gundumbs), I don't hold high hopes.

So far, on a strong 1st ep damaged severely by what the OP promises to come, this one gets a . . .

40217344.jpg

I actually liked Ep. 2. It was definitely an improvement from the first episode. I just feel like there is just WAY too much going on. It has elements from like almost every single genre of anime meshed into one. However, I was laughing at the randomness of the boob grab scene.

Yeah, at least a bit is explained now. Hopefully it'll make even more sense next episode.
I'm not too sure I like the whole 'mecha' bit added in, but at least no ramdom robot-battles have broken out yet.

More and more like MoO and Aquarian Age mixed together. More interesting than MoO but not as much as Aquarian. The big plus is the music. That puts it just high enough I'll follow this. Plus I do need some shounen drivel here and there. Hopefully the Aquarian will outweigh the MoO.

This anime is firing so many things that seem random to the viewer it's getting annoying.
Also tomo is a stupid asshole. Just look at how lame he is.
Tatsuki is a nice character, but the rest is not more than bearable.

Hope they fix it soon. I give it 2 more episodes.

Back