Maria Holic

Am I the only one who thought that ep. 3 was actually an excellent one? Maybe not as hilarious as the first two, but it's still extremely stylish. And how can you not laugh at the "nekomimi-bloomers". :P

I dislike Kanako's voice. her acting ability is inadequacy!
On sound dramas. It was played role by Hirano Aya.
Which is good?

I can say only this. Ryocho-Sensei is God.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thought that ep. 3 was actually an excellent one? Maybe not as hilarious as the first two, but it's still extremely stylish. And how can you not laugh at the "nekomimi-bloomers". :P

definetly its the way she slowly puts it on her head and says that.

Im enjoying this series and i hope they keep it up

I dislike Kanako's voice. her acting ability is inadequacy!
On sound dramas. It was played role by Hirano Aya.
Which is good?

I can say only this. Ryocho-Sensei is God.

I think the voice is perfect, it really is like the character.

I watched the first 3 episodes and didn't like it. The animation is poor to start. The poor animation was made up for most of you by it being funny. Well, for me it wasn't funny at all. I don't think I giggled let alone laughed at all while I was watching the episodes. I'll continue to watch it since I already started, it's released once a week and it might make me laugh a bit in the future.

The idea is nice, it's just not funny for me.

EP 3 was nice, I've started to like this series. ^_^ They talk really fast though, and it's really hard to keep up with everything that's happening on screen with the fast and witty dialogue and visual jokes.

Voice acting hasn't bothered me, so it it's good enough for me at least. Of course for a native speaker it might be totally different. I only concentrate on the sound of the voice, rather than how they say it. Too bad subtitles can't really express different tones and accents very well, so they're lost in translation for the most part.

Oh, and I don't like the CG opening. CG sucks in anime.

I don't she what's so poor about the animation.
Ok it's not stunning. But the director is really good.
And about the trees and stuff. It fits the serie somehow.

I watched the first 3 episodes and didn't like it. The animation is poor to start. The poor animation was made up for most of you by it being funny. Well, for me it wasn't funny at all. I don't think I giggled let alone laughed at all while I was watching the episodes. I'll continue to watch it since I already started, it's released once a week and it might make me laugh a bit in the future.

Different style =/= poor animation. The series was purposely drawn that way. While it's true that it won't fit everybody's taste, saying the animation is poor is very wrong. And it's true that the characters talk really really fast, but that was also the case in Sayounara Zetsubou Sensei, that's SHAFT for you.

Last edited:
Different style =/= poor animation. The series was purposely drawn that way that way. While it's true that it won't fit everybody's taste, saying the animation is poor is very wrong. And it's true that the characters talk really really fast, but that was also the case in Sayonnara Zetsubou Sensei, that's SHAFT for you.

Now that I know that it was purposely draw like that, I take back my previous statement saying the animation is poor. I guess I'm just used to different styles. I've just never watched something like Maria Holic so I don't really know what's what.

I don't think the characters talk fast to be honest. It never crossed my mind.

Now that I know that it was purposely draw like that, I take back my previous statement saying the animation is poor. I guess I'm just used to different styles. I've just never watched something like Maria Holic so I don't really know what's what.

I don't think the characters talk fast to be honest. It never crossed my mind.

It's cool, just look at some of the screenshots here and here. You'll see that using textures in such a way is almost a trademark by SHAFT. Though if you didn't like the visuals in Maria-Holic, I doubt you'd like those in Sayounnara Zetsubou Sensei, but it's always a good thing to know the references.

Oh and that comment about the characters speaking fast, I was referring to a comment Ascendancy made in the previous page.

Episode 3 was amazing, I'm surprised some found it worse then the first 2 episodes. I was in tears right from the get go with the creature in the bag, absolutely hilarious episode overall, and the characters all getting intertwined is just leading up to more.

mah I have yet to watch both episode 2 and 3, I did however read the manga up to chapter 4.... it seem pretty interesting indeed

Resembles an uncanny style to Negima. Is this from the same producers?

EDIT: Nevermind, sayanora sensei? Now that you mention it did anyone ever finish subbing season 2?

Last edited:
Basically ep4, same level of amazing, didn't laugh as much though, I think some of the show's charms may be getting a bit old already.

I'd say there is some development though, you've got the vicious girl clique, the protector samurai chick and my favorite the girl who has to "take care of her" because the teacher said so. I mean, you can't really hope for much more plot development then that in an anime like this.

Obscenely hilarious. Something this ridiculously trite with a premise whose sole purpose is to pander to various fetishes shouldn’t be this good - and yet, it is. Some of the best black humour I've had in a good long while, and I'm all the more grateful for it.

Heck, the op alone is the single most insane thing I've seen since... well, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's deliriously twised openings.

Basically ep4, same level of amazing, didn't laugh as much though, I think some of the show's charms may be getting a bit old already.

I don't think this is old yet - though I sincerely fear that's a likely possibility in the near future. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei peaked at around this point and has been sadly uneven ever since.

thats was hilarious one of my fav bits is when he goes

"Im gonna stick it in you tonight as promised, not only that but im going to pull it out forcefully"

this line is just as funny as the other one where he says something along the lines of "tell anyone and il rape you", just the way it is said is funny.

So for me best three quotes so far are those two and "nekomi and bloomers"

Also the bit with the cat waiting at the window for the dog who will never come home:crying: (im a cat person)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ep 6: I realy enjoyed this episode it was funny and there was some nice story development, you find out y he is crossdressing.

one of my favourite parts was when
maria's sister
is trying to open the door and kanako goes "moe" and hearts start going everywhere. Also kanako nose bleeds were funny. It makes a change from a boy nose bleeding all the time

Last edited:
Watched episode 1 and i think the animation is fair enough good for to be watched, Seen worse. :)

As I said about episode 4, the comedy is going downhill quickly. I'm at episode 6 and not finding it nearly as funny, still is pretty good, but I'm not laughing much anymore.

I'm hoping it picks up again to extreme hilarity, but I'm thinking they're just gonna reuse a lot of the same jokes and just finish the series at a decent level of comedy, but not spectacular.

Back