You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle

Lenaxia

You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle
(a.k.a. Taiho Shichauzo: Full Throttle)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Anyone else picking this up? Just started airing. So far I like it, I am in the progress of obtaining the first and second seasons since I never got around to watching them even though they've been on my to watch list forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle (2007) - [Action] - [Comedy] - [TV]

You're Under Arrest! is representative of the long-lost art of simple, clean, no-frills entertainment. It's not going to "wow" anyone, but definitely has the potential to be a solid watch every week. If you want a break from all of the bishoujo romances based off of ren'ai/eroge airing in the fall season, this will probably be a good place to go.

First ep was alright, second ep was less.

I enjoyed YUA. It's one of those shows you can watch without using much brain cells and one you can choose to watch in spurts and/or marathon. It's like a good B-action movie. You know it's not really good, but sometimes you just want mindless stupidity (not that YUA is really mindless mind you). So far though, YUA FT hasn't caught my interest. I'll keep following, if only just because it's YUA. I'm amazed they got almost everyone back (too bad they lost the little milk drinking girl).

By the way, does anyone think the new eyes on Miyuki and Natsumi sometimes makes them look evil, like the way devil or cat eyes look?

Yeah I haven't been particularly fond of Miyuki's eyes, and for that matter a bit more of the animation. For instance their shoulders are really square and the animation in general is pretty stiff. Its unfortunate. Maybe it'll get better as the season progresses.

Re: You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle *

If anything, the new art style reminds me of the Rurouni Kenshin: Seisohen OVA. Miyuki, especially, kinda looks like Kaoru from Seisohen. That makes sense because both FT and Seisohen were made by Studio Deen.

Thank you very much

I saw the first episode. I saw it before seeing the second season, which I'm in the process of now, so obviously I missed out on some background.

Anyway, I wasn't fond of how FT seems to try harder to make the anime more of an action one whereas the other seasons focused on the comedy and the drama. Also, how is it that the normally timid Miyuki somehow gained abilities such as throwing suitcases at armed men?

Wow... I created this thread almost exactly 2 years ago... I totally forgot about it. Well being a YUA fan I decided no matter how much I hate the animation in this, I would finish watching it. Honestly, it's been hard.

I've made it up to episode 18 and the first really good thing has finally happened! Saori-chan is back! I think it's just a guest appearance but I'm glad to see her again. Among all the cast in YUA: Full Throttle, Saori is the only one who's personaity hasn't changed.

Most of the other characters really seem to have had their personalities tweaked or tamed.

Natsumi doesn't use her "Full Power Boost ON!" anymore.
Miyuki seems to have lost all affection for her car and never calls it by it's name "Today" anymore and there is almost no mention of her mechanical genius, she also hardly ever concerns herself with Nakajima anymore.
Yoriko hardly ever gossips anymore so all that's left is her complaining side.
Aoi has managed to become more feminine yet at the same time has lost her feminine innocence, so she never gets embarrassed anymore which results in a rather pretentious and strange combination.
Nakajima doesn't really try for Miyuki anymore either, he has very little screen time and when he does its usually unrelated or very brief.

The dynamics of the station really are kind of off for this season, probably because of the length of time between all the different series. Oh well.

Live-eviL is the only group doing it and they've only released up to 20.

Wow... I created this thread almost exactly 2 years ago... I totally forgot about it. Well being a YUA fan I decided no matter how much I hate the animation in this, I would finish watching it. Honestly, it's been hard.

I've made it up to episode 18 and the first really good thing has finally happened! Saori-chan is back! I think it's just a guest appearance but I'm glad to see her again. Among all the cast in YUA: Full Throttle, Saori is the only one who's personaity hasn't changed.

Most of the other characters really seem to have had their personalities tweaked or tamed.

Natsumi doesn't use her "Full Power Boost ON!" anymore.
Miyuki seems to have lost all affection for her car and never calls it by it's name "Today" anymore and there is almost no mention of her mechanical genius, she also hardly ever concerns herself with Nakajima anymore.
Yoriko hardly ever gossips anymore so all that's left is her complaining side.
Aoi has managed to become more feminine yet at the same time has lost her feminine innocence, so she never gets embarrassed anymore which results in a rather pretentious and strange combination.
Nakajima doesn't really try for Miyuki anymore either, he has very little screen time and when he does its usually unrelated or very brief.

The dynamics of the station really are kind of off for this season, probably because of the length of time between all the different series. Oh well.

Live-eviL is the only group doing it and they've only released up to 20.

I feel very much the same way about the 3rd season. Especially about the relationship between Nakajima and Miyuki. I mean, you'd think things would be different considering how they where near the ending in Season 2. :crying:

This series just seems "tamed" to me and its been the reason I've dragged my feet so long watching the series. I prolly avg 1 episode every two weeks now. :...:

I really didn't like the character changes at first. I've gotten used to it now but the first episode was met with much disgust. I've also notice that they have made Miyuki and Natsumi more sexulized. (Bigger Bosoms more slovenly look to them) Don't care for that either.

Yeah I've gotten used to the animation now, its not as bad, but still doesn't give the same feeling as the original style, or even the movie style (the animation in the movie was amazing!). It just tries too hard. As for the sexualization, yeah, definitely shows, the awkward situations are more like that too.

Live Evil just released episode 21. It's not a new or innovative story line at all, we've seen it in YUA before even, but the way they ended this episode... was pretty, ugh dont know the word for it, just "wow" (in a pretty incredible/unexpected way)
I never thought Miyuki would go so far as to write a letter of resignation in order to catch someone. In hind sight though, its not really unreasonable, she's always had a very strong moral sense of justice. I think why its hard to follow this time is because they didn't do a good job of building up her frustration.

If you look back on the other seasons, like the car theft arc at the end of S1, they really built up her emotional investment in that series. Same with the rogue police arc, you could really feel the tension. It just isnt there as much in this one...

just finished You're Under Arrest the other day, and i think overall it was pretty nice. but coming to season 3 (You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle) something felt clearly different.
the best part about this series has been the characters, not the story. but in Full Throttle something about the characters was changed and didnt have the same soul as the previous seasons.
some characters was completely forgotten.. ?
the ending was pretty lukewarm too, i had hoped for something better.

Watched all of the You're Under Arrest series and overall it was a decent watch but this was definitely a series about the characters more than story development. I enjoyed the relationships between them all but felt Full Throttle was lacking and was disappointed not to get the ending I hoped for. Especially as one character was completely forgotten and yet they had built up a relationship with him and one of the ladies in prior series, so it felt weird that he didn't show up at all. I enjoyed the entire series as a whole and especially enjoyed the more serious episodes that injected a bit of drama and tension into the scenes which helped to alleviate the easy going vibes the station seems to have. One thing I will say though is the final episodes seemed to be a rehash of a previous story but with a new coat of paint which felt lazy to me. A good series though nonetheless and I'm glad I finally got round to seeing it. Something else I'd like to touch on is the inclusiveness of Aoi by the whole station. It was refreshing to see an open minded series that tackled this issue with great positively, so it shows even in the 90's there were some studios that were forward thinking!

Back