Tsukuyomi -Moon Phase-

S

Shinji103

Tsukuyomi -Moon Phase-

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I really liked episode one despite it being only a raw at the moment (it's a good thing that I can understand Japanese :smile: ). It's a nice little combinatioon of humor, drama, comedy, and even a little bit of action, and it looks like this series is going to go in a good direction.
Episode 1
The only thing I could do without is Hazuki/Luna's cat ear headband thing she almost always has on :...: . I mean..........a vampire with cat ears?! :...: And just how do those two match up?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tsukuyomi Moon Phase

Shinji103 said:
The only thing I could do without is Hazuki/Luna's cat ear headband thing she almost always has on :...: . I mean..........a vampire with cat ears?! :...: And just how do those two match up?!

Yes the same for me,
Episode 1
but it's a plus for all oni-chan/catgirl fans, just look at the OP. Neko mimi mode, is it. I personally like her for being so devious, which is opposite to her innocent look. As I'm a fan of "devious/cunning" people this show gets + points.
I'll give this a 8 out of 10. I love the kind of music they use (+ points) and the animation they use is ok too, it fits the setting.

I like this show,
there is nothing like a cute and devious girl.

I'm no expert, but mahou seems to have done an ok sub, this being their first project and all.

People, please mention the episode you're puting spoilers for

As far as topic in question, I think it's to emphasize the cuteness and make people easier to give in to her charms

ep 01
I think the headband make her look cuter. After all, she's like a typical vampire (dark and gloomy) but cute and devious

Well, it's true that the headband is there to emphasize cuteness, and I'm all for extended cuteness in girls that are already really cute :love: :love: :love: . The headband is just a little over the top for my personal tastes (besides which, there's still the fact that a vampire with cat ears is just a little odd :sweat: ). Also, the opening song (not the opening animation) is just a little too cutesy for me :sweat: . And finally, I welcome Hazuki/Luna's personality: it's nice to finally have a cute main female character who isn't dumb as a brick or something (Miharu from Girls Bravo, and others.....too many others to list here :...: ), but is instead clever and deceptive.
For the scale score (which I forgot to give in my first post), I give this show a 9.5/10. Now if only the episodes (at least the raws) would be released for download faster. Episode 2 has been out in Japan since Teusday the 11th (approximately Monday our time), and it still hasn't been released as a raw yet :frustrat: .

One of the better series from what I've seen. Art reminded me a bit of Soultaker.. concept too.. Better yet: It might just be an excellent recommendation for it.

9/10 is my score based on one ep. musicwise, artwise and storywise it is interesting enough

I just downloaded and watched the Chinese-subbed (I think) version of Tukuyomi episode 2. Geez, the subbers here are so slow lately :mad: . The episode has been out since Teusday, and the Chinese subbers had it up for download on Wednesday, but we still don't have it :mad: . Anyway it looks like the series is still going good. I don't really want to go into spoilers here because the episode is still not available for download from animesuki.com or anywhere (those slow-@$$es really need to move their situated butts on getting this series in at least a raw format to download :mad: ).

Just a few spoilers :smile:

Ep2

Apparently, Hazuki/Luna are actually 2 seperate personalities in the same body, one being the full vampire (Luna) and the other being the cutesy girl (Hazuki). Luna can't exist outside the seal placed on the castle though, so when Hazuki leaves the castle she leaves her necklace behind and Luna with it (I think Luna was actually inside the necklace, which is why the necklace kind of changed whenever Hazuki and Luna switched personalities). In the end, Hazuki ends up living with Kouhei, much to Kouhei's displeasement, due to the fact that he saw Hazuki's tomboyish side when she failed to make him her slave :sweat: . Anyway, it seems that episode 3 is going to be about Kouhei accepting Hazuki into his house.

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE SUB THE FREAKING EPISODE 2 ALREADY???!!!! IT'S BEEN OUT FOR A WHOLE FREAKING WEEK!!!!!!!! AND MY MAIN SOURCE OF DOWNLOADING RAWS (www.mirkx.com/1.php) HAS APPARENTLY MOVED AGAIN, WITHOUT ANY HINT AS TO WHERE IT WENT!!!! And because of that I'm also cut off from a good supplier of Elfen Lied episodes. Does anybody know where I can at least get the raw of 13 of Elfen Lied when it is released? It's the only one I need (I know it hasn't aired in Japan yet, I just want to know where I can find it when it comes out). And all hopes of getting a subbed ep3 of Tsukuyomi anytime soon are pretty much dust at this rate (ep3 aired this morning in Japan).

actually EL airs on weekends and raw been out for at least a day though i don't think i'm in leberty to point out the source since it is licensed in the united states. After all, anime-planet is a forum site, nota distributor or torrents or releases. As far as subbed ep 02 of tsukuyomi been out since 16th by adtrw,i would recmmend searching baka-updates since they do post torrents sometimes. To your joy or dismay (depends on your preferentce) the file has softsubs and in ogm format so it's up to you whether to watch it subbed or raw. If you need help with .ogm file type check faq/tutorial section of the forum.

Well I mean they need to hurry up and get a subbed version out to animesuki.com, and not in .ogm format. And besides, that means the Chinese sub still came out before the english sub.

I have no problem with ogm, but I don't know why they would use it for a 1 language fansub.

All I have to say about ep 2 is uriuriuriuri, she is too damn cute. :frustrat:
I will get the sub by mahou later.

Yeah, sure I'll get the Mahou sub too, WHEN THEY FREAKING RELEASE IT!!!

And can anyone just point out where I can get episode 13 of Elfen Lied?

I just finished watching the raw of episode 3, and the series still has a great deal of my attention :smile: (the reason for it not getting my full attention is because of Gundam SEED Destiny, School Rumble, and Elfen Lied :smile: :smile: :smile: ). Since we still have yet to get an avi version of episode 2 (many of us can't view .ogm files, me included), I'll include here a brief flow of the main points and events in episode 3, so don't read below if you want to watch the episode for yourself.

ep3

Hazuki has pretty much settled into Kouhei's house now, and she's still frustrated that he won't obey her commands. Kouhei's grandpa reveals to Kouhei that Hazuki is a vampire (you mean he didn't know? :...: ). Kouhei also finally realizes that Hazuki bit him (this guy is a little slow, huh? :...: :...: ). Hazuki reveals that she wanted to make Kouhei her servant so she could leave the castle and look for her mother, who went out into the world. Kouhei isn't comfortable with the idea of helping Hazuki look for her mother, because when Kouhei was young, his mother promised to come back when she left once, but she died while away, so he doesn't think that Hazuki's mother would come back to her. Hazuki runs away, and Kouhei goes out to look for her before the sun rises. Back at the castle where Hazuki/Luna was imprisoned, two dark figures plot to capture Hazuki, no matter what it takes. Kouhei ends up taking Hazuki to the mountains where they find an old house that belonged to hazuki's mother. They find Hazuki's mother's cat, who leads them to a lake nearby where a sort of magic crystal plays back a message (or something like that) from Hazuki's mother. The last thing the message tells Hazuki is: If you (Hazuki) find a person you love, don't sign a blood contract with them (as in don't make them your slave :sweat: ). As Kouhei and Hazuki head home, one of the two dark figures from earlier stand atop a house and watches them. :!!:

Basically, Hazuki's mom told Hazuki not to make a slave out of the person she loves (gee, I wonder who that person might turn out to be? :...: ).

I give this episode a 10/10. We get some small humor at the beginning of the episode, but the main point of this episode is to reveal some of the plot. Character designs still look great (sometimes in an anime series, they reduce the quality of the character designs in certain episodes to speed up episode production), and it looks like there will be some more action next episode.

I just watched episode 1. The music by far stood out the most, wow! I'm not big on cuteness for cuteness' sake, but the overall premise interested me in this series. The opening cracked me up, It's just so bizarre. All and all, the cuteness and the gothic atmosphere balanced well. They could have done well going a more serious direction without the cuteness, but a lighthearted approach works well too. I'm hooked!

After ep3,

Well... I have to say that this is turning out to be a pretty good show plot wise.
Magical and dark. Note that not many can pull off a magical atmosphere.

ep3
I though her mom said: "Hazuki, don't make a blood contract with anybody unless you know that they are someone you truly love".
This makes more sense, because if you make a blood contract you make another vampire. A vampire can suck someone's blood and then leave him or her to die, but if a blood contract is made you turn that person into a vampire. Why would you need a contract to make a slave anyway? Oh well, the last part is pure speculation, we'll see how they explain this in the rest of the show. Argh, we need more people subbing this. :...:

This show moves up to a 9 out of 10 rating.

edit: lol @ my spelling

Yes, Aydan, we really do need more people subbing this series :...: .

Any idea how many eps this one is going to run? I don't want to start DLing it and have it end up like InuYasha... wich still has not freaking ended! *sigh* but back on topic. This looks pretty damn cool and all I hear is good... but I am not looking for a super long term commitment right now hehehe.

I kind of doubt that this series will last more than 26 episodes at most. The plot doesn't look at all like the InuYasha kind where it will take over 100 episodes.

Back