Honey and Clover II

I'm so excited for this right now. :) After the super satisfying wrap up to my Gilgamesh group I'm on an anime high right now. :banana:

if hagu wasn't there you would not be crying .....young adults are often confused about there feelings...
Yuuta TAKEMOTO i understand more than i want to...

Yuuta TAKEMOTO i understand more than i want to...
I feel the same about Yamada. & I like Hagu's character, but I feel she must be a little misunderstood since there isn't much love for her around here (especially in original h&c thread).

I'll be late to the party since I'm going to be travelling for the next 8 hours.

Strangely I didn't mind at all that Hagu can be seen as a sort of loli character, the reason being simply that she slipped completely under my radar for that characterization. Strange for me, since I usually am very picky in that regard, but true.
And Morita teasing her all the time was just too funny. :laugh:

Episode 1: It was just a recap of the first season. Usually I hate recap episodes but it's been a while since I watched H & C and this was a good way to get back into the lives of these characters. I forgot how much I liked the OST for this show, it is a huge plus espeically for the more contemplative scenes.

Anyway ready to get into the real stuff next episode.

I didn't really like either Hagu or Mayama when I watched the first series a couple of months ago. For the sequel, I can see myself liking Hagu a bit more, but I'm still not sure what I will think of Mayama.

Anyways, I kinda liked the recap episode, even though there wasn't hardly anything new. Also, I really love that slow version of the first ending song, "Waltz" so I was happy to hear it again. <3

I'll be watching the rest of the eps for the buddy group later today. It's time for sleep~

Episode 2:
Poor Yamada having to torture herself to prove there is no hope. It's obvious Rika is the only light for Yamada, he just isn't going to change. It's pretty obvious that Rika likes him too.

But Mortia is once again the highlight of the show. Chasing Hagu around and counting down to her death was hilarious. Although I gotta give Takemoto credit that was a hell of a clothesline. As much as I love the guy I just don't see things working out between Morita and Hagu if they ever did start dating. Takemoto, especially now that he seems more mature seems like a better match.

Don't worry, one of the better parts of the 2nd season is that they actually put some backstory behind Hagu and allow her to actually do a little introspection (for once). I dont think we ever heard a single thought from her in the 1st.

I thought this was a great extension of the story, and it had the right pay off in the end. I do have 3 gripes, purely from my own perspective:

1. Waaaay too much agonising over Yamada and Mayama, who are otherwise good characters.

2. They totally ruined Morita's character at the end for me. Where he was once my favourite character from the first series, his arc was fairly boring, and at the end he acted like a complete arsehole.

3. Shuji loves Hagu?! You mean, in that way?! Creepy...

Episode 3:
brilliant episode. I laughed at the parts with the unicorns, "Do you want to impale you."

I wonder what Rika meant when she said "I'll be with you soon". She is sickly to begin with so I guess she could have some kind of illness. Or is she planning to kill herself? I hope it's no that.

Well Nomia really stepped up this episode. I didn't really like him all that much the first season, but this episode made me like him a little bit. Hopefully He is going to get some interesting development this season.

Also more Miwako :love:

So, recap done. Rekindled a few of my original thoughts and feelings from first season.
Here are my feelings for characters and their relationships.
As far as Yamada and Mayama go I would love to see them together, however, I don't believe it can happen without disingenuous feelings from Mayama. But Yamada seems like the kind of person who will be happy to be with him even if he loves someome else more than her. I do find her situation completely heartbreaking though.

I want Hagu to be happy, and I really like both Takemoto and Morita for different reasons. I could not say who I think she should end up with though. Takemoto's confession was lovely, and the scarf scene with Morita was just great. Both are so endearing although as far as they go individually I do find Morita more interesting. Hagu's 'date' with him was really surprising, this episode reminded me of it.

Episode 2

Well, I am surprised because I never really thought I'd be interested in developments on Rika's character since she was so quiet and boring - but that's the exact part they discussed. This episode was pretty important as it suggests Rika could be interested in Mayama, but only if you employ the same irrational hopelessness as Yamada. All we can go off is Shuu's comments about her being quiet around people she likes. To Yamada, that is obviously the be all and end all, now she has no hope at all. But I still see Rika as a very complicated character. I don't see overcoming the grief from the death of a spouse as an easy thing to write. I also had a hint that maybe Shuu had feelings for Rika, or Rika maybe harboured feelings for him and they may resurface? Either that, or her little flashback was telling her that Mayama is now as important to her as Shuu used to be. They were very good friends so that doesn't cement a romantic interest in Mayama. Really, if you put 2+2 together you simply get the fact that Rika now depends on Mayama as a very important friend, it could well be as platonic as what we can hope she had with Shuu. Obviously, it's Yamada who doesn't see it this way and she influences our perpsective. We'll see...

Morita is back to his old ways, and I also get another inkling from this episode that he will sacrifice his feelings for Hagu and encourage her to get with Takemoto. They have already played him as the free-spirited type, it would be exemplary to the sheer unpredictable but loving nature of his character.

Obviously, this episode is suggesting that if men want to be romantic all they need to do is cure a girl's hiccups.

Last edited:
Episode 2
I liked this episode. I thought it was so funny when Hagu had the hiccups and Morita burst in like that. I also thought the part where Takemoto helped her get over the hiccups was a little heartwarming. As for the second part of the episode, it really made me hope that Yamada is able to move forward from this. I feel bad for her, it must be hard going to Rika's when Mayama is there with her.

Episode 3
Another good ep. I wasn't really all that interested in Rika before, but now I'm getting a little anxious. What does she mean when she says when she is talking to herself over the blueprints? I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Also, it was interesting to watch as we learned a little bit more about how Nomiya feels towards Yamada. I was a little sad when he went all that way and she wasn't even there, though! Kind of surprised at the confession, too. Oh, and the unicorn scene was indeed hilarious!

Last edited:
Back