loveless14yr.jpg

loveless29py.jpg

loveless30da.jpg

loveless42ks.jpg

loveless51ee.jpg

loveless68gb.jpg

loveless79jt.jpg

loveless82ww.jpg

YES HELLO THERE WELCOME TO ANOTHER ROUND OF EVERYONE'S FAVORITE ONE-MAN EXTRAVAGANZA

I did it for To Love-Ru last year and I'm doing it again this year for Loveless. Why, you ask? Hell, I don't know either. But the power of ASS (that's Anime Secret Santa to you normies) compels me to, even if I was really going to save all my comments for the review. I wasn't originally planning to do a play-by-play of my Loveless viewing experience, but I accidentally took way too many screenshots, and boy, you know I do hate to let such hard work go to waste.

Let's get to it!

2ZsL3.jpg

This is where the story is set and I already know I'm in for quite the ride. Going into this series, I knew this was going to be a yaoi show, but I didn't know this was the yaoi show. AKA, the training ground for many a blossoming yaoi fangirl, meaning I will probably not enjoy it very much. But I'll try my best.

I won't promise I won't get carried away with my comments, however.

2ZsL4.jpg

2ZsL5.jpg

2ZsL6.jpg

2ZsL7.jpg

Loveless is a show that gives no fucks. It dumps you right in its world the moment it starts and doesn't bother to explain shit to you until shit really hits the fan. It's not a completely bad approach, but if you're like me and couldn't care less about whatever the fuck goes on in yaoi, then you'll be just as confused as I was when I found out everyone's so obsessed with ears in this universe.

I don't know what the hell that's about - there are tails right there, you guys, who gives an honest to goodness fuck about the ears?

2ZsL8.jpg

This is a show that also likes to get SUPER DRAMATIC for no good goddamn reason.

2ZsLi.jpg

2ZsLj.jpg

Check it out, ma, I can be SUPER EDGY too.

2ZsL9.jpg

2ZsLa.jpg

Like Jesus, who can look at this with a straight (heh) face and say there's nothing wrong with these pictures? It doesn't help too that the earless guy runs after the kid with ears ALL THE TIME, just so he can declare his undying love for him - and that's only because the kid's deceased elder brother told him to. Yeah, I don't know either, this shit's complicated. I expect it'll all make sense soon, but if I'm being honest, I'm also a little scared of finding out what's next.

2ZsLe.jpg

Sir, this kind of talk is against the law.

2ZsLf.jpg

My favorite pick-up line.

2ZsLg.jpg

2ZsLh.jpg

Daily mood.

Okay, the third episode's where things really start to get wacky, so it deserves its own separate post.

2ZsMo.jpg

2ZsMp.jpg

2ZsMq.jpg

2ZsMr.jpg

2ZsMt.jpg

Again with the goddamn ears.

2ZsMu.jpg

Oh, she thinks it's cool now, but wait 'til you actually get to that age, then we'll see who's the cool one. She's annoying, by the way. I hate her, I hope she never says a word ever again. You think she was made this annoying on purpose so the audience will have no choice but to ship this poor kid with his cool college student stalker?

2ZsMv.jpg

2ZsMw.jpg

2ZsMx.jpg

2ZsMy.jpg

This smooth motherfucker.

2ZsMF.jpg

2ZsMG.jpg

2ZsMH.jpg

Calm your tits, man, Jesus.

2ZsMK.jpg

2ZsML.jpg

2ZsMM.jpg

THIS WAS NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER TO HIS QUESTION AND YOU KNOW IT

2ZsMN.jpg

2ZsMP.jpg

2ZsMQ.jpg

Well now. :lenny:

2ZsMR.jpg

I BITE MY TONGUE AT YOU SIR

2ZsMV.jpg

alright, alright, alright :megusta:

2ZsMX.jpg

2ZsMY.jpg

Christ, when will this guy shut the fuck up.

2ZsMW.jpg

#227 on Cosmopolitan's Signs He's Totally Into You

Fuck yeah, I'm back to go right back to Loveless. Thought I forgot about this one, didn't you.

Right, so I actually finished this a few days ago, but I don't really remember a lot of the details, just the shitty jokes I had to go along with the shitty screencaps.

2ZEZY.jpg

But it looks like most of it was about this girl's homemade jam anyway, so I don't think I missed out on a lot. You guys won't believe the drama this annoyance's stupid fucking jam caused, by the way.

2ZEZZ.jpg

2ZF12.jpg

I don't know, bro, that just sounds like the same thing. Yeck.

2ZF13.jpg

And just stay away from adults in general, kid.

2ZF14.jpg

This came minutes after he suspected his drink was poisoned. This kid's unbelievable.

2ZF15.jpg

2ZF16.jpg

2ZF17.jpg

2ZF18.jpg

"I only have eyes for minors with dead older brothers, sorry." He's a dick, by the way.

2ZF1t.jpg

2ZF1u.jpg

2ZF1v.jpg

2ZF1w.jpg

2ZF1x.jpg

And on a scale of 0 to Soubi, how thirsty are you for a little boy's touch?

2ZF1z.jpg

2ZF1A.jpg

Okay, so I really went and spoiled myself about this and now I know the ears are representations of virginity. Which just makes this look a lot worse than it actually is.

2ZF1Q.jpg

2ZF1R.jpg

Oh yeah, it turns out Soubi's a masochist too, let's just throw all the stupid kinks in here, why don't we.

2ZF1U.jpg

2ZF1W.jpg

2ZF1X.jpg

2ZF1Y.jpg

Dick. The last time I saw a grown man this worked-up over a boy, I was in preschool, and my teacher was getting so pissed at me for pissing my pants in class. True story.

2ZF1Z.jpg

Geez, lady, you don't know the half of it.

2ZF2b.jpg

2ZF2c.jpg

Oh boy, I do love the smell of unhealthy romance in the evenings.

2ZF2d.jpg

2ZF2e.jpg

2ZF2f.jpg

2ZF2g.jpg

Listen, everyone in this show is super annoying, but this guy's the least annoying of them all, only because he's the only one who calls out Soubi on his child-loving bullshit. He's still really annoying, though.

2ZF2h.jpg

2ZF2i.jpg

2ZF2j.jpg

Just in case you forgot what kind of man you were dealing with this whole time.

2ZF2q.jpg

So here's the part where things apparently start to get a little spicy. Frankly, I'm kind of really looking forward to this. Maybe a girls' love story will make this show grow some brains, give it a more nuanced point of view, and make it more sensitive about those disturbing kinks...

2ZF2r.jpg

Well, shit, never mind then. Their story is still the best part of the series, however, nothing else can bring it down.

2ZF2s.jpg

2ZF2t.jpg

This is, by the way, a most excellent way to start greeting people.

2ZF2u.jpg

2ZF2v.jpg

Also me.

And finally, we get to the end. I'm not gonna lie, that side yuri pairing was almost good enough to keep me invested in the rest of the series. But they left right after they were finished with their own plot, which left me with zero excuses to give half a shit about the ending of Soubi and Ritsuka's love story. Which is still all kinds of disturbing, by the way, don't let those yaoi glasses get you down. Maybe this explains the fewer screenshots I took for this last stretch of the series.

2ZF2G.jpg

2ZF2H.jpg

2ZF2J.jpg

This guy seriously deserves more credit for being the only person in this show with the balls to call out Soubi on his shit.

2ZF2L.jpg

2ZF2M.jpg

2ZF2N.jpg

2ZF2P.jpg

Seriously, man, just ditch your bro already. He clearly doesn't deserve you.

2ZF2Y.jpg

2ZF31.jpg

2ZF32.jpg

2ZF35.jpg

2ZF36.jpg

2ZF37.jpg

2ZF38.jpg

2ZF39.jpg

Ladies, if your man ever gets up to no good like this man... dump that man. Seriously. Your man is creepy as sin.

2ZF2Q.jpg

2ZF2R.jpg

Me, at every outing ever.

2ZF2S.jpg

Ah, what a touching moral. If only the show did a lot more to earn this happy ending.

:lenny:

I see you, Santa. Thanks for this shitpick, which, yes, was total shit, but at least we got the screencaps to keep ourselves entertained. Watch out for the review soon, boss, I promise you won't regret it.

2/5

And finally, we get to the end. I'm not gonna lie, that side yuri pairing was almost good enough to keep me invested in the rest of the series. But they left right after they were finished with their own plot, which left me with zero excuses to give half a shit about the ending of Soubi and Ritsuka's love story. Which is still all kinds of disturbing, by the way, don't let those yaoi glasses get you down. Maybe this explains the fewer screenshots I took for this last stretch of the series.

2ZF2G.jpg

2ZF2H.jpg

2ZF2J.jpg

This guy seriously deserves more credit for being the only person in this show with the balls to call out Soubi on his shit.

2ZF2L.jpg

2ZF2M.jpg

2ZF2N.jpg

2ZF2P.jpg

Seriously, man, just ditch your bro already. He clearly doesn't deserve you.

2ZF2Y.jpg

2ZF31.jpg

2ZF32.jpg

2ZF35.jpg

2ZF36.jpg

2ZF37.jpg

2ZF38.jpg

2ZF39.jpg

Ladies, if your man ever gets up to no good like this man... dump that man. Seriously. Your man is creepy as sin.

2ZF2Q.jpg

2ZF2R.jpg

Me, at every outing ever.

2ZF2S.jpg

Ah, what a touching moral. If only the show did a lot more to earn this happy ending.

:lenny:

I see you, Santa. Thanks for this shitpick, which, yes, was total shit, but at least we got the screencaps to keep ourselves entertained. Watch out for the review soon, boss, I promise you won't regret it.

2/5

Loveless was actually my first exposure to shounen-ai, and I'm ashamed of myself for starting with this. The screencap commentary you made certainly soften the PTSD though.

Loveless was actually my first exposure to shounen-ai, and I'm ashamed of myself for starting with this. The screencap commentary you made certainly soften the PTSD though.

I have a theory shonen-ai stories were made raunchy and controversial on purpose, just so people would read them. But I'm glad times have changed now, so we're all more or less much more accepting of same-sex romances.

I could be completely wrong about all this, though.

Id just like to publically shame the people who like this anime and ignore the very obvious glaring flaw it has. THE PEDOPHILIA. You guys need to be studied.

Id just like to publically shame the people who like this anime and ignore the very obvious glaring flaw it has. THE PEDOPHILIA. You guys need to be studied.
How do I delete a comment I made at 4 am in an insomniac frenzy

Back