Nodame Cantabile: Paris

ParaParaJMo

Nodame Cantabile: Paris

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Well, can't really say much since it's the first episode. If you've seen the live action special, it's following it.

Anyway, what stands out to me is that Chiaki doesn't really sound the same and I look at the credits and still says he's played by Seki Tomokazu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter

Just finished the first ep. And even though it has been a while since i finished the first series I think the caracters are the same (didn't watch this line-action thingy though).

I was a bit reserved at first since i liked the first season so much, but after viewing the first ep I'm convinced this will be a great sequel. They still have that sweet not-over-the-top comedy/drama to it (or slice of life if one can call it that).

Lets just hope for a great storyline and good character development.

PS. Nothing can beat the old OP, but the ED sounded good to me. DS.

hmm. Nodame is one o fmy fav animes... I hope that there is some suspense when it comes to nodame falling for another guy etc,...otherwise this could be a very lame series...

OMG I was in tears when she was practicing French in the restaurant. "Help me! Call the Police! I was raped!" OMFG that was hilarious, the waiter dropped the food. O man, I really needed more Nodame Cantabile.

I felt strange when, 8 minutes into ep1, all the jokes had fallen flat. So I checked a suspicion and, indeed, director and writer have changed. The new guys have impressive credentials as well, but so far it's a real let-down.

Second episode was a little better, but only once they got out of time lapse, and still nowhere near the first season. The new director handles the music differently, no longer avoiding rough cuts. And misspelling a composer is a major blunder.

But 下着が上下ばらばらです was great :D

I wasn't that impressed by the first episode, but the second left me salivating for more. I love it when Chiaki shouts at Nodame, and Nodame responds with her trademark "Gyapo!" The second series feels very similar to the first. I look forward to seeing how it develops.

It's doing ok, but I was very disappointed with the performance of the music. I hope they get back to the Nodame that I loved in season 1.

ep04 was awful. thats not nodame cantabile anymore. its a new show! and its a bad show!

he kissed her? as if the real chiaki would do something like that! even though i would love to see those two together, i want to see it developing in a realistic and convincing way! THIS IS AWFUL!
and the cgi animation is so lame. they should have used the still orchestra pics as in s1!

I WANT THE ATMOSPHERE, STYLE, STORYLINE, CHARACTERDEVELOPMENT FROM S1 IN S2, NOT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ANIME!

ep04 was awful.

I think it was the best so far.

its a new show! and its a bad show!

Yes, I said that ^^

he kissed her? as if the real chiaki would do something like that!
'course he would, see first season finale.

and the cgi animation is so lame.

Indeed. And they completely crippled the piece of music.

I WANT THE ATMOSPHERE, STYLE, STORYLINE, CHARACTERDEVELOPMENT FROM S1 IN S2,

Same storyline wouldn't make sense.

Now that they caught up with the dorama the series slowed down, but it's still too sketchy, although the pacing is way better than in some other shows this season... You don't exactly see how Chiaki helped her this time (with Auclair) and she suddenly calls him Shinichi-KUN. How?

My main draw to the series has always been Kawasumi, but in ep4 she plays Nodame cutesier than before, with lots of sh instead of s. Yuck.

Last edited:
The musical performance in ep4 just absolutely sucked...the series is pretty much losing the qualities that I enjoyed in the first season. Now it's adding petty drama in exchange for story, music and....goodness (lol).

Now they're really getting on my nerves. Fifth started well and had good Nodame scenes (Maria ;) only to end in a jump-cut trainwreck. I had planned on watching Higurashi some day, but not with this direction.

Honestly I'm really enjoying the series, sure, it's not as good as the first series of Nodame so far, and the new direction is incredibly evident. I've not seen episode 5 yet so I can't comment on this trainwreck business. It's different, but I still like it.

Also don't let the direction affect your decision to watch Higurashi, Higurashi is a real gem and shouldn't be passed up for any reason, especially not watching an unrelated series.

Um wow. This show was tolerable until episode 5...I'm speechless. That was the most retarded, un-Nodame ending ever. The characters aren't the same at all. I don't think the director saw the first season. This season is a disgrace to season 1. I'm dropping the show if this crap continues.

The characters aren't the same at all.

Remember that many months have passed and the characters lived through quite a bit, changing all the time, which is good. It's just that the series takes that for granted without (exemplary) showing any of it, fast-forwarding the story. I don't know the manga, maybe it's the author's fault.

Back