That terrible anime list changing bug is fixed

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Some of you may have encountered a rather nasty and insidious bug that was known to swap around anime list entries. We've known about it for a long, long time but were never able to reproduce the issue - most people reported it after it had been awhile, weren't sure of when it happened, and we never had a way to reproduce it. We knew it was something to do with caching but until now, we've had our hands tied.

Thankfully, mlemaudit reported a set of steps to reproduce the issue and we were FINALLY able to identify and fix the issue. Huge thanks as well to Drahken who helped come up with secondary steps to reproduce it, and to Xesxen who tracked down the buggy code and fixed it.

For those who are interested in knowing what was going on, it did indeed have to do with caching/session restore. We fixed some things on our end so it shouldn't happen again.

Thanks to everyone for your patience during this time, I know it was a hassle for anyone who ran into the bug and I'm glad we've finally be able to get it taken care of.

I'm glad this was fixed, I thought maybe I was just forgetting about changing things or that I was misclicking.

Back