Sola

Julianlivre

[sadht]Sola[/sadht][sadhl=1116]sola[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Well I dont know what to say about this series, all I know is that lunar is subbing it... About some dude that likes the sky and some un-human girl!!!
Watched ep 1-2 so I can't tell much -.-

info ->>

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5019

or maybe not so much info -.-

PS: the animation kinda reminds me of Da Capo -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sola!!!

PS: the animation kinda reminds me of Da Capo -.-

Same character designs. No, I meant the same designer. I wonder why I made that mistake, obviously they wouldn't just recycle the same fucking designs for another series... The chick with the hat in the poster probably just stole Kotori's wardrobe and is her twin sister. Yes, that must be it.

In related news, this is from the writer of the literary masterpiece that was Kanon. I'm sure you'd love this one too, sothis. I for one expect great things to come. Maybe a something really original like a love interest who's the main character's little sister (adopted of course, we're not perverted or anything) who's really a ghost of a fox and likes bananas and who magically has the body of a ten-year-old but is actually just over the age of consent and who likes to play around in snow while sakuras bloom (magic again). Oh yeah, and she'll have a sword which she wields like an expert when she's killing invisible monsters, rivals in love, and that weird cat-dude that keeps following everyone. This is all deeply symbolical, of course, and only a complete illiterate brute who has no concept of Art could fail to see through the surface into what the Artists actually meant to say. Yes.

Well, so far as I can tell this one doesn't have a game that it's based off of, or at least I haven't heard any mention of one. This means that the writers aren't going to be restricted by the events of the game (hi Kanon); I for one am very interested in seeing how that turns out.

Oh, and clearly [sarcasm] once a character designer makes a girl with long hair and a hat they must be banned from ever doing so again. [/sarcasm] Come now, that's a little superficial...

Kanon didn't fail because of platform incompatability; it sucked as a game too. Well, maybe now there won't be a reason to have half a dozen harem characters each more annoying than the previous.

How about this "once a character designer makes a girl with long hair and a hat they really shouldn't do so again in the very next, and currently only other, anime they've ever been involved with." See, my version doesn't even need the sarcasm tags.

Though I must admit I see another side to this argument: there is nothing fundamentally wrong with more animes having a Kotori. In fact it's quite the opposite. I think every anime ever made would benefit from having one.

hmm... only other would make a differnce, wouldn't it... but all the same, it's not too big of a deal. Having Gundam Seed clones didn't make Fafner bad, I guess.

*laughs at Cythraul*

Oh puh-leeea-se.

Spare us the nonsesical fanboy-bashing. As Answerman wrote, "Anime is a hobby, not a religious crusade to take back the holy land." No matter how much you bash an spew your hate, "Kanon staff" or "Kanon-like" are a recommendation for most, and your trolling won't change that.

Just like Kanon, this series is about *MOE*. If you want somewhat more realistic show/characters/designs, go watch Hataraki Man, Yomigaeru Sora, or switch your TV to CNN and indulge in realism.

And if someone is looking for moe, they need to look no further...

Nice strawman there. Where did I say I want realism again? You accuse me of taking anime too seriously, yet in the next sentence I'm suddenly trolling. You don't see this as contradictory in any way?

And wtf, since when does moe even mean that any kind of shit with a couple of lolis thrown in is good? I mean are there no additional requirements for a series, particularly as regards the plot, as long as it's moe? How about *you* go and watch Ayu Ayu twirl around endlessly, then. If I wrote an anime like that, you would undoubtedly go after anyone who dares criticise my skills as a writer, yes?

The only "Kanon staff" I've mentioned is the writer of the game, and him because his writing is nonsensical gibberish. Do you disagree? It doesn't seem that way since your only retort was "but this is moe." I also accused Da Capo's character designer of recycling their work. Is that bashing? Hate? I even admitted that I have absolutely nothing against Kotori's physical appearance.

This anime has probably one of the most depressing endings I have ever seen... I can't side with any character.

This anime has probably one of the most depressing endings I have ever seen... I can't side with any character.

Depressing? I'd just say bad, very bad.

The two best characters, Takeshi and Mayuko obviously, got a fairly "good" ending though. Not that it'd make sense them having a bad ending since they played no part other than being far cooler and more several times more likeable than any of the main cast.

I always sided with Aono, since from the very start she was sidelined constantly and never given any love at all. Which made no sense considering
she could have forced him to do anything.
So I've no idea why she let him roam free pimping all over the place. Her ending was the only one I cared about since:
Sky boy just wanted to kill himself so badly he tied it six or seven times in 13 episodes. What happens to all that "make the most of life" or "even as a clone you're still you" morality we usually get. Pathetic.
Matsuri was a bitch as well, kill boyfriend, kill self, make best friend mortal again. Making Aono ultra-depressed, condemning her to die of age and homeless with no education or means of living. No-one remember her or the other two, yay.

4/5, probably way to lenient. I did really like most of it though, although the ending was stupid and all these homeless were so impeccably dressed and gluttonous was kinda strange.

I think sola is good in the way spice and wolf is...it's silent, has good animation and just enough span to keep people interested...

the ending was a bit of a disappointment but at least it doesn't try to be one of those phenomenal animes, at least I thought it didn't include too much unnecessary fluff and wasn't shallow

so I think it's good, not very good, but it's fine...plus I do remember it even after a few years

I finished Sola yesterday and it left me with mixed feelings. It was nice looking and I liked the story but was disppointed about the ending. It was not what I have become used to with the series I have watched. It was not really happy or sad ending... It just... ended. No loveconfessions, angst or true happiness. I feel sort of empty but overall a nice series.

You have shot down Kanon here so much that I'm hesitant to even begin to watch it... :) I will read some reviews and se what they say.

Re: Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT: watched two episodes of Sola, was pretty good for it to be a romance and I DON'T watch romance but this one caught my eye. Hopefully it isn't as bad as Air, Kanon or Clannad

Re: Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT: come on Yobito! Lel. Your sister appeared out of the blue and you have NO QUESTIONS, God you're oblivious

Back