Tower Of God

Putting down some general thoughts about the series and this looks like the appropriate thread for it.

Honestly I don't know how the author does it but this story I'm going to reiterate it really is insanely quite detailed and there's loads of characters in this. All the games so far have been really creative and interesting that I've probably loved the hell out of most of them. The world building's perfect and the size of it all is enormous in scale that I can't even believe how massive it is. Also the end of the first season was completely a shocker to me but Rachel is seriously the biggest son of a bitch ever and hope she dies in a fire for doing what she did to Bam. At first I was pretty indifferent to Bam at the start but I think I developed a liking to him especially after all the mental torture and suffering he's been through, he's truly a saint. Now I can't really wait to see all his old teammates faces when they find out it's him though. :laugh:

There's also several characters to like in this, Yuri was honestly pretty cool but she got so little chapter time that I'm kinda sad about that. Androssi desperately needs more chapter time too, need more of her! And Koon is just an intelligently awesome and cunning man as well. :love:

So far up to the latest chapter it's been pretty damn suspenseful and all the fight scenes are wonderful, looking forward to more of the battle workshop arc.

There's just a million and one questions in my head atm like wondering what exactly Emile is, FUG's hidden agenda, Bam's origins and so many other things gahhhhh... >_<

I swear I've got recommend this to all the people I know it's that fucking epic. :love:

I've never been this excited and it's one of the best if not best thing I've read in comparison to other mangas. It's too difficult to wait for a new chapter and the last one was superb. :crying:

So yeah that ends my rant maybe I love this a little too much. :sweat:

^

Rachel is not a fan-favorite I can tell you that, bitch needs to hop into a vat of acid already! Glad to see yet another convert!

Just read the first 2 chapters, the art is great but how long does it take for the story to start getting interesting?

Just read the first 2 chapters, the art is great but how long does it take for the story to start getting interesting?
A while longer, but make sure to pay attention. It won't get interesting by just browsing pages.
This is an epic that just builds and builds.
When Rak and Koon appears, it starts getting good.

A while longer, but make sure to pay attention. It won't get interesting by just browsing pages.
This is an epic that just builds and builds.
When Rak and Koon appears, it starts getting good.
Koon just showed up:smile:, I'm also making sure I actually read the words with this one.

Seems odd to me that you normally don't read the words :pokerface:

But yeah, in ToG you need to carefully read everything. You'll see things you thought were random, inconsequential or pointless along the way, only to find out it was epic foreshadowing or backstory a hundred chapters later.

Also - The new chapter being delayed is lame as hell :crying:
I read the words, but for some reason I felt like I had to read Shokugeki no Soma at lightspeed. I tend to read manga very fast but I can usually still tell what's going on.

I read the words, but for some reason I felt like I had to read Shokugeki no Soma at lightspeed. I tend to read manga very fast but I can usually still tell what's going on.

In a manga where the specific dialogue itself doesn't really foreshadow much (Shokugeki) its fine to speed read. The meaning of the text is often very general and you could translate it 5 different ways and not miss anything important.

Manga like Shingeki and Tower of God (and even the Bakemono LN series/anime) however are so heavy with the significant text (what is said, how its said, references etc.) that its imperative that you actually read and understand the specific dialogue, because the specific dialogue itself is key to understanding what is going on.

And I absolutely love series like that, that can maintain the consistency and continuity necessary to tell a story on an epic scale. If you reread the series after a few major reveals its almost like a second story is unraveling before your eyes. Its simply amazing.

In a manga where the specific dialogue itself doesn't really foreshadow much (Shokugeki) its fine to speed read. The meaning of the text is often very general and you could translate it 5 different ways and not miss anything important.

Manga like Shingeki and Tower of God (and even the Bakemono LN series/anime) however are so heavy with the significant text (what is said, how its said, references etc.) that its imperative that you actually read and understand the specific dialogue, because the specific dialogue itself is key to understanding what is going on.

And I absolutely love series like that, that can maintain the consistency and continuity necessary to tell a story on an epic scale. If you reread the series after a few major reveals its almost like a second story is unraveling before your eyes. Its simply amazing.
I agree with what you're saying, the speed that I read a manga usually depends on the amount of dialogue/complexity of storyline. It takes me about 30-40 minutes to read a volume of 20th Century Boys while it took me about 3 hours to get fully caught up with Shokugeki. The speed at which I've been reading Tower of God has been around what I would call medium (compared to Shokugeki), and will probably slow down as the story gets more complicated. This definitely isn't a bad thing, after I finish something truly epic I can't stop thinking about it for months.

^

You claimed Androssi.

Great call, we now own two who are among the hottest in the tower. Forced yuri maybe? I have the camera covered already :megusta:

EDIT: Just saw SIU's blog post, that wasn't added to the chapter. It clears a bit up about Emile, and he says the story is finally starting to get moving. Huzzah!

Yuri Zahard, or some Zahard Yuri? If someone claims the lizard we can get all kinds of fetishes going :megusta:

Was difficult trying to figure out who to drop, sadly I let Rider go.

And as for the chapter...
SIU is a master troll! His fights have always been cleverly done and generally don't have an obvious outcome, but this shounen fight ended by mother-fucking para-kewl was just awesome!

Since the most obvious choices were Anak and Koon most of the gamblers are probably broke! Will there even be 6 remaining? This was actually an amazing choice once you think about the consequences. So far Leesoo and Koon AA are out as far as team captains go (werent all the gamblers guaranteed a spot because of their performance in the Shooting game?), as well as Koon Ran and Anak Zahard, Hatsu was kicked out of the workshop battle an arc ago... It does not look too promising for old Team Baam. So many possibilities for character development in Anak's case as well as story options with the amount of main characters that have dropped out.

The twist where Jyu Viole Grace is the item prize of the tournament is way out in left field, and it opens up even more interesting possibilities. What does his being a prize mean? Since he is a "living weapon" I assuming it means he will be turned into a soul or have his extracted and implanted in the winner. I'm wondering if his Irregular status will carry over with his soul if this is the case, allowing a loyal FUG member to have Baam's ability to kill Zahard without all the complications of having to actually blackmail Baam. Science eh?

This whole Emilie thing is interesting as well, if she isn't the prize then what is her purpose? And when will I get to see more Androssi?!?!?!

I like Anak as much as the next guy, but i ain't into monster chicks. Probably :megusta:

I updated that post with a wonderful Yuri pun, but you quoted so fast!

I don't think that's what it means at all. Viole has the Thorn+Lobster combo, he's the finished prototype experiment, the ultimate in ignition weaponry (that we know of, or what people tell us), i highly doubt anyone would augment him like that just to steal his soul. I'm not even sure that's something that could be done anyway.

The term 'bind' may well be literal, a contract of sorts which basically forces him into some kind of slavery deal for all we know. We don't have enough to go on to really speculate with any certainty at all though. But there will come a time where he gets to powerful/loses all humanity, so he becomes to difficult to control just by saying "we won't harm your friends if you stay with us".

I was thinking in terms of him being an ignition weapon (similar to how Black March is a soul as well as a weapon) but i may be over thinking it. It would be an interesting leap if they could turn people themselves into the souls used for ignition weapons (although maybe thats how they made them in the first place). Giving Viole weapons and the like may just be obfuscating their true intents. Letting the lamb not see the sacrificial knife so to speak. This may be a great opportunity to delve more into the lobster.

I'm not sure how a contract would work though, as an Irregular the laws of the tower won't bind Baam. Emilie pulling strings for her own reasons is an interesting theory though. She really wants to meet someone.

The party.

I know, but I want moar Androssi right nao. Androssi in a low-cut party dress... suddenly the local tissue supply will run-dry.

SIU's blog post has made me wonder if Viole even is the prize now, or if Emile is just manipulating things for her own benefit, or if someone leaked false info to her/him/it. Fucking hell, we get trolled all the time i don't even know what to think now :laugh:

Hmm if his blog is updated I'll have to check that out!

Mmm that blog post is very informative.

Just like ??? added in the info that 25th Baam is alive to Emilie. The system can be manipulated based on what "truths" a person teaches her. Interesting development indeed, makes you wonder what the little brother demon may be up to sneaking outside of the lab.

Back