Noir

L

Lucky

Noir

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I need some help from those that have seen the entire series. I'll post a summary of the plot of noir, and I need you to tell me if I missed anything "INTERESTING". Reason for this is that I basically I watched 1-5 then got bored beyond belief after:

the whole army shootout incident (in which even if it was me, with my minimal leading skills gained from time spent in army, leading that scouting party, both the main characters would have been killed before they blond girl could even get to the roof, not to mention the whole "they disobeyed oreders and went in alone" crap, which was the last drop) and simply skiped straight to 26.

Ok, so the plot as I perceive it:

Blond girl gets her parents killed by some mysterious (probably religious) organisation, point of the death is to make her one of the two "noir", who are supposed to be some sort of angels of death, "two sinners in heaven" or perfect killers. Other girl, dark haired, eternally crying for how she "can't feel regret for killing people", then proceeding to kill yet another fatrher, while the camera pans in on the his family pictures, is supposedly the other "noir". So they duke it out with that organisation, which basically tries to orchestrate them into two perfect killers that would kill without any regret or remorse by pushing them to kill more and more people that they might care about. In the end, the plan apparently fails, as one of the girls actually saves another, instead of pulling a trigger on the group leader, and then tries a suicidal attack on the group's leader, from which the other girl saves her. In the end, they apparently "walk into the shadows" (opposing the typical "walk into the sunset"). There's apparently the 3rd assasin girl as well, who didn't make it to then end, dying on the arms of other two.

Did I miss much? Should I download and watch ep6-25, or is the plot pretty much summed up in the previous paragraph?

P.S.
Heavy disappointment that I didn't get to see both the girls die in the end, preferably some gruesome death by slowly bleeding dry in some sewer. At least that way, I woud've gotten some enjoyment out of the series. :oro:

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch the rest of the show and you will have your answers. Its a fairly straight forward plot that even a retard like me could follow. besides it has kick ass music and that alone made it worth playing in the back ground while talking on IRC

I can get soundtracks (got some already). The point was to ask if it's worth it to download the rest 5+hours of that anime or not?

its pretty much like the same all the way through with the exception of the cool sword fight near the end between 2 chicks in toga/robe type clothes

i would strongly recommend watching, the rest of the show for a nice plot and its twists and turns, i do admit that some of the episodes are rather slow, don't remember which ones so i would probably skip strait to episode 8 ("intocabile" part one) at which time i think the show picks up the pace, i know quite a bit of it seems unrealistic yet, since we're talking about anime, i think it's made to look good rather than make sense. Also, the rest of the story has rather nice plot and character development. Though, be warned if u decide to finish the series, be prepared for quite a bit of that flashback scene of different time length, sometimes even more than once per episode, its almost irritating, if i remember correctly. If u can get pass that, the show is definetly worth watching, i personally consider it to be one of my favorites

First off, let me just say that it is NEVER a good idea to skip from episode 5 to 26... not only is there no chance that you'll understand what's going on (particularly in an anime like Noir), but you'll totally spoil the whole show for yourself if you decide to watch it sometime later.

My opinion of the show? I was also bored to hell after the first five episodes. I continued to be bored to hell until the second half of the show stars (episode 13 or 14), around the time Chloe appears. The show does get better after than. A LOT better? Not really... the plot never makes all that much sense, and some of the plot twists near the end are so silly that it's almost laughable. The gunfights continue to be horridly unrealistic as well, in fact they get far less realistic than they were in 1-5... Kirika at times literally takes out dozens upon dozens of assassins all by herself with a pistol or two. On the upside, Mireille does get some character development, she ended up being the only character from this show I liked.

So is it worth DLing and watching? Depends on how much free time you have. Once I start watching a show I always finish, but I have the luxury to do that because I have @$$loads of free time. If you don't (and already decided that you don't like the way the show has gone), I'd just skip the anime altogether and get the soundtrack.

i think noir is worth watching, even if its just for the music...

i definitely think its not smart to skip 21 episodes. download and watch it.. the first few are kinda boring and have lots of that SAME goddamn flashback, but this changes and things do start happening.

i mean, can you imagine watching the first 4 or 5 episodes of evangelion, and then skipping to 24 or so, and expecting to get anything out of it? noir turns really weird fairly far into the series, so its not one you can just skip the whole middle chunk.

I'm not so sure i agree with the Eva comparison. Eva had a huge and complex intertwined cast and some actual plot twists instead of just revealing a few more seconds of a steadily growing flashback sequence every few episodes. I found noir to be repetious and dull for the most part (when i wasn't in viewing agony over the poor poor shoot out sceens) and would only recomend maybe watching 23 or 24 onwards instead of just skipping to the absolute final episode instead. As was mentioned, it would include one of the best fight sequences in the series.

And am i the only one in the world who does NOT like the composer for Noir? Am i the only one who likes having a new piece of music play when fight sequences happen instead of simply consistantly just "start the tired overused battle music"?

I very much liked Noir. Yes at times it gets a bit boring but I think the music and the slowly developing characters and the unfolding of the story made it very interesting. I actually didnt like the end and the end solution of this series so much. But thats just me maybe not having been used to crazy weird insane anime stories at that time. I also liked the style of drawing and that it wasnt one of those kiddy series.
:drinking:

I say if you think the story was boring at the start, and watching the last epp didn't automatically make you want to see the rest of the series who cares if you missed out on the plot????

I really liked the series, it did run a little slow, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. I really like the sound track but I agree that where music was placed in the series could have used some work. I think the whole series would make a GREAT 1.5 hour movie, and probably a really good 2 hour film. The story isn't as well thought out as others, it dosnet take much work to find plot holes etc. The characters dont go thru massive character develpment. Even so it remains one of my favorites.

I feel like slapping everyone who says the didn't like it because it wasn't "realistic" @_@

Thanks for replies your everyone, I'll probably get the rest of noir and watch it some time this summer, when I have time. At least I'll be able to say that it sucks based on the fact that I saw the entire series that way, and heck, maybe I was wrong and it'll do a "kidddy grade" on me.
The main thing that turned me off to Noir wasn't the lack of decent plot or lack of realism. Hell I liked kiddy grade a lot, and in those series plot started at ep8, and realism was about as far as it could get. What I really dislike about noir is the fact that while it has good looking women, good action scenes and great music, it doesn't accentuate any of them. Instead the anime tries to heavily accentuate the seriousness of it's plot, which fails utterly as the series have a shallow and horrible one. Should Noir have given more accent to fights or beauty of the girls, or at least could laugh at itself from time to time, instead of hopelessly trying to paint "we're so serious" picture, I would've watched it 1->26 like I always do. But since all I got was 5 episodes of "we're so serious" while having 5 minutes of plot, and a bunch of excellent fighting scenes, which were so clean, that it looked like some sort of censored 3d-shooter (extreme violence that leaves no marks on it's victims), I simply found no value in the series. In short, noir accentuates it's weak spots and hides it's strong ones. Accent is like makeup, it can make an ugly person almost beautiful, and a beautiful person really ugly. In noir's case it is making an average anime REALLY ugly imo.

P.S.Kiddy grade gave enough action and humour to keep me watching 1-8, until the plot started up and had me glued to the seat for rest of the way. Noir couldn't produce enough to last me beyond ep 5. Note that I NEVER have skipped any episodes from between the anime series before.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their input.

I liked this anime. While there are many episodes that are boring and slow, there are plenty that are equally compelling. The anime was made by Bee-Train so every series they make needs patience because they like to tell their stories at the slowest pace.

I love Noir! Anything with female assassin's kicking butt and not over doing the fanservice is wonderful in my book! I loved the story and how twisty the plot got. Plus it had a wonderful soundtrack!

Noir was indeed a great serious the whole female assassin thing worked for me and chloe was perhaps my fav in the series..

Well, based on the first 7 episodes...

The same flashback over and over makes me want to bang my head on the keyboard.

I really enjoyed the melody from the watch turning into the general melody for the music in the first episode. It does get a little annoying once you hear it over and over though.

I enjoy kickass females with guns, so I like many of the scenes. xD It's...decent, for now.

One thing that didn't add up for me:
How did Kirika know to contact Mireille in the first place? It seems to me like she just KNEW to look her up, but they never really explained it. I thought that was a little weird.

Ouch, I forgot to post here ^^U

The first episode somehow reminded me of Phantom ~ Requiem for a Phantom, just look how similar Kirika and Ein are (the fact that both of them have their memories removed and are really skilled at killing people doesn't help either).

Apart from this, I liked this seven episodes. The constant appearance of the flashback with the same melody could be annoying, but they are showing more and more things in the flashbacks so it's probably that it's going to be important at the end.

About the spoiler

I'm thinking the same thing, but maybe the people who brainwashed Kirika makes her know how to contact Mireille. I suppose that at the end they are going to explain it, I hope they do

P.S: I almost forgot to mention that the soundtrack was so good that I started downloading it after seeing the first episode.

Last edited:
Yeah, the music is pretty good. Certainly unique, at the very least.

I enjoyed episodes 8-14 much more than the first ones, mostly because the focus of the plot is finally moving a bit more. Chloe is an awesome character. I still don't really understand her; she's quite odd. But I really like her.

As for episode 14,
I'm surprised that it seemed for easy for Mirielle to choose to kill her uncle. After all, she plans to kill Kirika in the end. But I suppose it was mostly the fact that he was working for the Soldats that drove her. It seems like they're everywhere. Also, I was under the impression that the Soldats wanted both Kirika and Mirielle dead, so I wonder why the uncle wasn't ordered to kill both.

Anyway, I'm excited to see where this is going. It's getting more interesting.

I enjoyed this episodes too, specially because there weren't less flashbacks than in the first seven episodes. I liked Chloe too, but I find odd that
Chloe is cold with everybody but, when she stays with Altena, she acts like a cheerful child. I suppose this'd be explained later.

And about the spoiler

I think that, apart that her uncle was a member of Soldats, she is starting to see Kirika more as a friend, so she prepared herself to kill her uncle. I'm sure that, at the end, Mireille won't kill her. I suppose that Mireille's uncle was ordered to kill both of them, but he just showed Kirika's picture to Mireille to lure both of them to his mansion and kill them.

The show is better than I expected before I start watching it, I can't wait to watch the next episode.

Back