Monster

Aul Right!!.. well, in case ppl are not aware of this already, this serie is also by VAP, the makers of Elfen Lied. That said, its completly different in practically all aspects, for starters, it has no cute female charecters ;_;, no humor, no fanservice..and though there is a lot of killing, most of the voilence is off screen<<Well one bishoujo does appear at at later stages, and shes a important chrecter to boot>>. Also being a 70 episode serie, it is somewhat slow paced. But the story is extrewmly good, dark and suspenseful. Being a relative n00b to animes, I have watched far less anime than most ppl here, otherwise Id make some recs for this one. In any case if you are a horror/mystery fan, who likes the shounen type stories, do check it out!!!

I agree that it is a long series, but I disagree on the slow paced comment. The show is essentially the Fugitive-an insanely creepy and somewhat metaphysical Fugitive. And for such a show, it is reasonably paced, and the recaps are very limited (upto now (ep 24) anyway), well done.and most importantly, few and far in-between.

I like what they've done, which is instead of breaking up the overall story arc with recap episodes, they've opted to break it up with character pieces on different people-like Nina, Eva, and Runge. It's a far better method, and helps avoid my distaste of recap episodes.

Anyone know when the last ep (78?) is supposed to air? That is, will it be done by end of 2005?

who cares when it ends, this show is what most anime shows SHOULD take after. this is a beautiful adapation of the manga (not that i've read it, but i can only assume such), spectacular directing and screen-writing. the music too is great. this is the show thats definitely on the instant-buy list when it comes out, waiting for more episodes makes me feel like a narutard, always beggin to the gods.

I think the sotry is really good, but the author are trying to get the story as wide as possible, hence creating many sub plots revolving characters other than Tenma.

Have anyone read the manga already? did the manga have subplots as like inthe anime? or is it just the anime version that has subplots.

It kind of reminds me of the old TV show "The Fugitive", which isn't a bad thing.

Alex_Liu said:
I think the sotry is really good, but the author are trying to get the story as wide as possible, hence creating many sub plots revolving characters other than Tenma.

Have anyone read the manga already? did the manga have subplots as like inthe anime? or is it just the anime version that has subplots.
The manga has a lot of subplots too.

Sorta spoiler, I guess:
[spoiler:e7a4640ebf]The subplots are for the most part actually important to the resolution of the story. They're not just filler.[/spoiler:e7a4640ebf]

I finally made time to watch this. Lets see, I'm about 30 eps or more behind, that will be some marathon today.

*Ahh anime at its best*

Monster to me is teh best series im currently watching, but im too behind >_< (need to watch 25-43 : O). Anyways, i dont know how the creator had the ideia to make an awesome anime like that :crying: .

PS: I hope tenma die in the finals episode! :drink:

This is a great great show, but i'm also very behind.
Each ep is just so heavy and full of story, it give so much satisfaction that it's hard to watch 5 in a row.

Hehehe, I wouldn't worry about being behind. We're still about 30-ish episodes from the end, so you have plenty of time to catch up. :balloon:

I wish that would become norm for anime. Recap episodes as "extras" rather then parts of actual release. That way the people tha follow the show closely enough not to require recaps could easily avoid them while those that might need the recap episode know when to watch/where to get them.

Soooooo,

After being quite disappointed recently with the only other anime I regularly watch (GundamSeed Destiny). I decided to sit down and watch everything from sp 28 onwards. No spoilers.

Wow.

I mean, wow. At this point, I'm pretty sure that this is the best anime series I've watched, surpassing even Kino no Tabi. It is so theirs to screw up.

So, I'm still left wondering how much more of this do we have? It seems to be either 72 or 78 eps total. Anyone have a concrete number, and also if possible the airdate of the finale?

snowcrash said:
So, I'm still left wondering how much more of this do we have? It seems to be either 72 or 78 eps total. Anyone have a concrete number, and also if possible the airdate of the finale?
Last episode is 74 and it will be shown the 27th of September on NTV.
A person from MADHOUSE staff said that in her webblog.

http://www.geocities.jp/a_axo_o/diary.html

And you are right, Monster is awesome. But the best part of the story still was not shown. :)

just watched 47-52. and it totally blew my mind. even more so then other episodes.
this show is (so far) the best anime EVER. :drink:
ep 52 spoiler/commnent
although the assasin guy surving is a bit silly in my opinion. Johan is one thing, but other guy is only human =)

In response to Kerghan's spoiler remark:

It's not all that implausible if you think about it. Tenma shoots Roberto in the shoulder, which causes him to fall over the railing. He's only falling from the 2nd floor so surviving that fall isn't surprising. I would expect a few broken bones at most from a fall at that height. Unless he was overcome from the smoke and fell unconscious, Roberto certainly could have picked himself up and gotten out of the library.

sure its POSSIBLE. i just ment its highly unlikely. all those things you listed make a HUGE factor together.

some thoughts
Actually, I don't think that Johann would have permitted him to perish there. I doubt that he would sacrifice such an useful tool.

Unless it was necessary.

Or amusing.

Tangentially, anyone else freaked out by the (META) similarity between Johann and the Preacher from Carnivale?

Back