Fate/stay night

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by TheFluff, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Stain

Stain Guest

Posted by Stain on Jan 22, 2006
    Masters can't keep summoning Servants, but they can make a new contract/pact with a Servant who has lost their Master and continue in the War.
    And if a Master uses all 3 of the Commandments (the Magical Seal on their hand) they will lose control over their Servant/not be able to form a new contract/pact with another Servant, so will lose their Master status.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2008
  2. Kerghan

Kerghan New Member

you know.... since the servants can be corporeal you can make do just about anything eh eh =^_^=

3. herokillerid

herokillerid New Member

how do they use the commandments?

4. Stain

Stain Guest

Posted by Stain on Jan 23, 2006
    When you see Rin tell Archer to disapear just after Saber smacked him down, that was her using a Commandment. (the flash on screen is one of her two remaining disapearing)
    You don't see her use the first in the anime, she uses it to make Archer obey her and stop being so sarcastic just after she summoned him.

5. herokillerid

herokillerid New Member

so they are kind of like orders that the servants wouldnt normally obey but they have to obey a commandment no matter what.

6. Stain

Stain Guest

Posted by Stain on Jan 23, 2006
    Yeah pretty much. It also depends on how powerful a Magus they are if the Servant will obey the Commandment or not. As looser, more general orders are easier to disobey, so you have to be an excellent Master to get your Servant to obey one of them. (which Rin is)

A Commandment can also be used to get a Master-less Servant to become yours.

7. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Episode 3 was alright...
    Nottoo bad actually, they explained the rules of the Grail War more or less so that some viewers like me are not so confused...and that paves the way for the other characters to appear.

8. HellaSueV

HellaSueV New Member

9. Kerghan

Kerghan New Member

ahha thats great. Reminds me of that GSeed/Tsukihime video =D

10. Shinji103

Shinji103 Guest

*twitch* O.o

11. kaz

kaz New Member

Posted by kaz on Feb 12, 2006
    watched up to ep 6 -- i'm completely unfamiliar with the source material, but i'm digging the characterization thus far, especially shirou, saber, rin, and archer. the pacing isn't quite as fast as i'd like it to be, but them's the breaks.
    the action is cool, though i'm really looking forward to some real confrontations instead of these feints and half-assed battles -- but from where the story is going, i think this series is going to deliver.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Feb 12, 2006
    Okay, so here's my stupid question for the day:
    Is it just because Shirou isn't a full magician that he can't have Saber "carried" around invisible like Rin does with Archer?

13. Herm

Herm New Member

Posted by Herm on Feb 12, 2006
    Yup, Saber said that herself. I just looked it up, its in Ep 3 around 10.00.

14. Kerghan

Kerghan New Member

yoshaaa!!! just watched 14 and 15
    woot, what great 2 episodes. Archer ownz pants, and what an ecchirific scene =D. And can it be they are going to kill the hottest girl in the show??? BLASPHEMY!!!!

15. HellaSueV

HellaSueV New Member

Lol but I doubt
    that the girl your talking about will be killed off :P (Don't know if your talking about Tasaka or Saber :P)

16. Shinji103

Shinji103 Guest

He's probably talking about
    Rin. But I doubt She'll die. lol

17. Lord_Vegita

Lord_Vegita New Member

OMG, talk about a climatic 15th ep.
    now we have to wait till next week to see what Shirou is going to do. we all know it is going to be something badass. i mean just by him 'making' stuff is boggling rin and saber.

18. Wolfco

Wolfco Forum Moderator

I totally agree Vegita... really bad place to stop ep 15... Here's my possible theory on the matter:

Since Shirou no longer has his own magical circut, he isn't going to develop some new spectacular power of his own. I'm thinking he will either improve Saber or her sword. He is basically an open mana pipe now. He should be able to activate his talent through her with such an open connection. I'm betting on the sword because he was dreaming about it while he was "seeing" part of her past. Of course, I could be totally wrong and we could see her squashed to death, but somehow Shirou doesn't seemed to be passed that totally dependent stage yet. Rin should be around at least a bit longer to educate him.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Apr 18, 2006
    ep15
    well I think it's pretty obvious when at the end of the ep, he imagines saber's other sword in a blurred fashion. He'll probably end up recreating her "sword from the stone" sword. Probably the start of his Archer collection lol

20. HellaSueV

HellaSueV New Member

If you guys watched the video I posted eariler this could happen:
    Shirou will create another sword just like saber's (in his dream) and Saber will be able to use both sword (like the video she can combine both sword into one sword)