New feature: see your own feed on your profile

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
When the activity feed was first launched, I assumed that people would care only about their own friend feed, and the user's personal feed would be useful probably for others visiting the profile. You could still access the personal feed, but to get to it, you'd have to click the feed tab, and then 'my feed'.

The best way I can tell when I'm wrong is when I start hunting for the same hard to get feature that I thought no one would want. ;) After a zillion times trying to get to my own feed to remind myself which ep I watched or what manga I just read, or, which person I just left a comment for, I realized it's time to add the personal feed to the profile.

So, you can now view your personal feed on your profile - it's listed right below the friend feed.

Enjoy!

Awesome! Now I can use the time gained to better stalk my friends' feed, now that I don't have to go through multiple steps to check my own feed.

Sweet! It'll help me to remind myself where I'm at with anime episodes. I should probably start commenting on stuff too...and make friends...I'll get on that.

by the way, we do still plan on showing the date information in the feed - technically it's already saved with each feed item, we just dont display it because it would be automatically set to the timestamp of the server and that would likely confuse people. i just need to get a timezone setter thing set up so people can choose that, and then the dates will output

technically you didnt need to do that before either - just click your 'feed' tab, and there's a link at the top for 'my feed'

biggthumpup.gif

YAY!

I was hoping this feature would come back some day.
Thanks!

When I saw this on my profile today, I thought it had always been there. Shows how little I visit my profile page. ;)

Thanks, +1 person who thinks this is useful. Also a bit relieving to see I'm not the only one who regularly checks their own feed.

@djcurry: Read up a few posts, sothis already stated that timestamps are planned:

by the way, we do still plan on showing the date information in the feed - technically it's already saved with each feed item, we just dont display it because it would be automatically set to the timestamp of the server and that would likely confuse people. i just need to get a timezone setter thing set up so people can choose that, and then the dates will output

The only problem with this is that the page takes even longer to scroll down now. Would be nice if u combined the two of 'em instead.

The only problem with this is that the page takes even longer to scroll down now. Would be nice if u combined the two of 'em instead.
I don't know, I like the fact that the feeds are separate. Also I love all these new features, Thanks a lot.

Back