Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A!

Etue

[sadht]Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A![/sadht][sadhl]saki-achiga-hen-episode-of-side-a[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Opening thoughts:

I'd still prefer sequel season of the original saki series, however! It seems like this is a continuation in the style of the original saki. If you liked the first series I think you couldn't miss checking this out. If you hated the main series, don't bother. It follows the spirit of the main series, that's all I can say for now.

Episode 1:

The new casts connection with (the main series') Nodoka is they are all girls that are very into mah-yong. Some decent drama and basic characterization with a lot of moe. The assemble of girls still needs deeper characterization to make me able to pass judgement on the current cast. Most of the time of the first episode was spend on establishing the main girls' drive on why they want to play in the tournament and keep playing it.

pissed they abandoned the first season characters and story ...maybe if this sells they'll get back to it...

what relationship does this anime have with the first one...i see or think i see Nodoka in the pix....but why is she there and where is there any way...

pissed they abandoned the first season characters and story ...maybe if this sells they'll get back to it...

what relationship does this anime have with the first one...i see or think i see Nodoka in the pix....but why is she there and where is there any way...

Does this cover it?
The Achiga Girls' Academy in Nara once defeated regional mahjong powerhouse Bansei High School. It advanced into the national team semifinals but lost to the eventual champion, and the mahjong club was later disbanded.
Six years later, elementary school student Shizuno Takakamo befriends transfer student Nodoka Haramura. The two eventually enter Achiga Girls', but Nodoka transfers out of the school in the second year. When Shizuno sees Nodoka on television the following year as the national middle school individual mahjong champion, she decides to revive Achiga's mahjong club.

oic....well that explains her appearance but not the reason for leaving the original story line unfinished....i may not forgive them...

oic....well that explains her appearance but not the reason for leaving the original story line unfinished....i may not forgive them...

Indeed, I thought the first season was a reasonable success with good enough fans to have a sequel. Now this season might be like harking in new fans for the sequel of the original, but checking these anime' pages it also has a different studio working on it than the original Saki. Oh well, it is indeed hard to get over the fact.

I would suspect that this is a safer bet to air? But I cannot confirm this like I mentioned before.

Isn't this series picking up another school's journey to the nationals? I recokon that this team will end up at the same nationals as the team from the first series. I'm pretty sure the timing in terms of Nodoka's age is spot on. Then they can either finish this series with the nationals or have a third series with the nationals.

Only just noticed this was out... and while I'm annoyed they haven't done a sequel to the 1st I'm kinda happy I have more Saki to watch. Will check it out :)

ok here the reason why thy didnt make squal yet in every chapter of the original saki manga there is only 11 or 12 pages and they do lot of flashback and it almost didnt get anywere since the first season ending they even not in the semi-finals the anime is very close to the manga in all this years they didnt got far enough becouse those flashbacks

and about the netionals yes it will be in this spinoff and they will meet a old characters from the original but i wont spoil who

sounds good if they do it that way it will be alright....i hate it when they abandon the old anime and try to move on ...

sounds good if they do it that way it will be alright....i hate it when they abandon the old anime and try to move on ...
but now that you know why they didnt do a squal for the original is the reason good enough for you or not?

i suppose it is ...i don't read manga so i hardly understand the way the are structured...i guess what i am most interested in is all the stuff that was depicted in the closing of the last show...like the phone strap laying on the ground ....

i suppose it is ...i don't read manga so i hardly understand the way the are structured...i guess what i am most interested in is all the stuff that was depicted in the closing of the last show...like the phone strap laying on the ground ....
what i hope in all at achiga hen that hey will have enough gap to show teru match that was in the manga but since every chapter of achiga hen is 88 or 68 pages i wont be suprise if they will show it.what do you think if each chapter of achiga hen will be so many pages they will show this match or not?by the way this first episode was cover the first chapter of the manga which was 89 pages

episode 2 was great and i cant wait for next episode where we will get to see old character from the original saki

you sound like a serious fan girl/guy....i just want to see what happens when saki meets her sister and know why she and nodoka were facing away from each other in the closing scene ...maybe something to do with the individual competition....like more of the +/-0 ...

Episode 2:

It was okay, playing heavily on the moe card for this episode, however I can easily seeing this pick up pace because the general setup is now complete. The older sister is the perfect excuse to have a character wear ridiculously personalized clothing. The Token mini moe is seemingly a bit tsun... tired of that stereotype

Episode 3:

Also; displaying Saki as a scary person, really? Even when dominating she never got scary...

Last edited:
Episode 3:

Also; displaying Saki as a scary person, really? Even when dominating she never got scary...

I think that was just her being powerful - they did that kind of lightening flash in the previous series too. I don't think it was meant to make Saki look scary, just a force to be reckoned with.

Episode 3

Um, ok. That was super-speedy. Nationals already?! I figured they would drag it out again, get us really invested emotionally in another team, just to make Nationals that much more tense. I wonder if the focus will remain from this team's perspective, or if they will start having episodes from Saki's team's perspective.

Either way, I'm glad they are at Nationals and we might get some closure from series 1. Still really curious about Saki's sister...

This show is moving very fast. Too fast I think.

Episode 4

I guess they are breezing through the preliminary rounds so they can get to the Finals where the two teams will meet?

The pace is really annoying me - I don't feel any tension or anticipation. The character interactions are cliche and uninteresting. As it is only 12 eps, I'll keep watching, hoping that the final match is given the last 5 or 6 episodes and we get some good, tense mah jong.

This show is moving very fast. Too fast I think.

The show moved in hyper speed until the last 3-4 episodes. There are suppose to be 3 more, but no clue when they are suppose to come. I'm really disappointed because I liked the original Saki a lot, but they rushed the beginning way too much.

Back