The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

Damias

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Alt title: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Episode 1
Interesting episode. The characters and humor are very... energetic and I find Shiina's inability to take care of herself (lack of a better term) adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 1.
I like this show already. I can actually relate to waking up with a cats butt in your face...the hot, insane anime makers chicks butt not so much...and as stated above, this Shiina chick is oddly adorable, what with her total inability to take care of herself.

Episode 1.

I liked it, the female lead and the side characters in this seem to be good material for an anime and of course the female lead is adorable in a strange manner like stated above. It's artstyle isn't anything out of the ordinary and the animation has it's hick-ups here and there but it's pretty consistent going by this first episode. Shiina's voice makes her all the better, it really fits her
Especially when we get to know what she's really like.

Could be fun, definitly more so than that other more drama oriented school romance anime.
So...it's a show off between the white haired girl and the childhood friend, right? Well, I don't think childhood friends ever win in anime.

I wanted to, and i will watch this show just to stare at that pretty blonde girl, but frankly saying, the whole episode was so-so, not bad, but other new showes caught my eye more. Eager to see how it will develop in next few episodes, though :)

Damn, got confused with her wanting to be white...or her name meaning white...or her lack of white panties.

Damn, got confused with her wanting to be white...or her name meaning white...or her lack of white panties.

It's probably because of her name (Mashiro). It has nothing to do with her lack of white panties...

That was hilarious, I was laughing almost the whole episode. This may end up being one of my favorites this season, it's currently tied with Chuunibyou.

Lack of panties is always related.
I'd love to live in a loony bin like that.
Can't wait for episode 2, I really enjoyed this one.

I spent three days in an actual loony bin. I'd have paid for roommates like the people in this show.

Episode 1

I rather enjoyed the first episode, and so far I like the two main characters. The VA playing Mashiro is doing a very good job, and there seems to be a decent amount of comedy. It appears that Sorata will be the lone tsukkomi (straight man) in a sea of crazy, which could prove entertaining if done properly =)

Ep 1:
I think I found my second-favourite show this season, after Zetsuen. I really like the comedy, more so than in for example Chuunibyou, I laughed through most of the episode. And it left me with a really good feeling, I think I'll grow attached to these character pretty quickly. The concept is rather similar to Denpa Onna, which is one of my favourite anime, and Mashiro reminds me of Erio, who happens to be my favourite moe character. I very much doubt this one's going to get 5 stars, though, since it doesn't seem like there'll be much depth. Still, simple romantic comedy is quite enough for me, when the characters are this likeable and the comedy is just up my alley. I think I'm going to enjoy this.

I spent three days in an actual loony bin. I'd have paid for roommates like the people in this show.
Yeah, staying at that dorm would probably be a ton of fun.

I daresay this first episode was cute.
Not the stuff I'd be keeling over laughing at, but entertaining nonetheless. And the animation is way prettier than what I'd expect of a show like this.
I'll probably stick around this show.

Episode 2.
Naturally, he got volunteered for "Shiina Duty". Saw that one coming a mile away. I swear, the girl is like a malfunctioning robot or something...and it's almost annoyingly cute. Also, I like the token Tsundere. And that's a rare thing from me. And lastly, Shiina is apparently a big time artist already...who knew?

Ep 2:

Yep. My second-favourite of the season, and the others come far behind. This is hilarious, the female lead is adorably helpless (and cute), and it looks like there'll be a good romance. It also seems like the main characters have been thought out on a bit deeper level than I expected, which makes me like the "ordinary" male lead more.

Gods I laughed HARD this episode too! "Strip." "Why?" "Because I want your body." "No." "I'll Strip too." "NO! ... Fine, but I keep my underwear." "That's fine, I'll take those off for you!" XD I don't know if I should feel envious of this guy, or feel sorry for him... WHO AM I KIDDING, I. WANT. YOUR. LIFE! Now stop complaining, or give me your place in Sakurasou.

Regarding your childhood life and being one of many artistic geniuses on this site... you'd fit right in. :pokerface:

^My childhood life, and current insanity: I would fit right in at Sakurasou.

"Artistic Genius"? Who, what, when, where, why, how!? Since when am I artistic? Imagination-wise: I am artistic, yes... but skill wise, I can't do jack shit with my imagination.

Back