Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Taek

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

There's 30 chapters of this awesomeness. The artwork is brilliant, the idea's behind it are fucking great.

Seriously.

Who doesn't want to read a manga about a little girl that turns into a teenager when she puts on a pair of what look like Nike Air basketball trainers?

BrEOIBS.jpg
bKhiGFY.jpg

It has some mild fanservice, which you'll see, but it is well executed and beautifully drawn. If you guys don't pick this up, I'll probably cry.

I'm six chapters in now and it seems kinda random a lot of the time, it's pretty crazy stuff. Good though!

I do like the art though, and Ran is a pretty cool character, and pervy-rich-arrogant-molesting-skuyscraper-prince-dude could be fun as well. Jin seems like a buzzkill.

It's definitely pretty random, but not in a zany way, it kind of gets more coherent a bit later on.

I dislike the rich-perv guy so far, but in a way that I think you're supposed to dislike him, no doubt he is fun when he's on page. I like the juxtaposition with Ran as a little girl in a grown woman's body, so when she's telling Oratarou that she likes him, he construes it in an entirely different way, purely based on how she looks, to what she actually means. A buzkill Jin may be, but he does get pretty cool only a few chapters on from where you are.

Weirdly enough, this was licensed for release in Sweden, but nowhere in an English language. A shame because this is exactly the sort of manga I'd buy.

Last edited:
Just downloading the last 2 scanlated chapters of this now. Man this is getting good! Anime adaption when?

Chapters 31 and 32

WHAT'S HAPPENING? WHY IS EVERYONE DYING? :crying:

Seriously though, I'm sure that insect is so powerful because it's residing inside a man with questionable morals, but now Ran and Jin are barely alive and mortally wounded, and Zen and Shizuku are dead.

Makoto has seemingly borrowed Ran's growth power for the minute, and he seems to be taking on the poison from Ran and Jin, and as he has Sango's rope around him, Otarou can't see him, meaning, we get a motherfucking cliff hanger :flip:

I loved this manga from the very start, it was fun and random and silly, and now it's taken a turn for the serious, it's even better.

Yeah, there was at least 1 questionable chapter, but after that the momentum picks up and it gets awesome!

Chapter 33

HARGENFLARGENHÁRRG

I loved this chapter, so short, but so awesome, and it looks like we're set up for an awesome fight between Jin and the Otarou Insect thing.

I think it's about time Ran shows Otarou her true self though, the 11 year old girl, not the 18 year old woman.

Chapters 1-5
Interesting first chapter, the brother seems to enjoy teaching his sister discipline trolling his sister. Kind of slow but it was a fun introduction, she is a child but grows into an adult body when she slips on those tennis shoes. Brother knocks her the fuck out cold applies some tough love and puts her to sleep. Dawwww

The absentee mother popping in was a little odd, I thought she was a bird god or something with Jin cooking all those eggs as she summons different bird species. He really seems to have mommy issues which seems normal since she doesn't seem to have a presence in the household. She can't even remember her own kids' birthdays. But she can make magical cakes appear out of nowhere so I think I'd forgive her. Guess she is a witch and not a bird goddess, kind of prefer it that way.

Ran doesn't seem to mature at all when she turns, she still talks and acts like a child. Ooh is that a fur pelt with abilities? Seems everybody in this family gets a power, its a wolf transformation thats cool.

Hmm train guard hitting on Ran, this'll probably be a reoccurring thing since she turns into a babe every time she slips on those sneakers. Poor guy is a pedo and he doesnt even know it! Yep, drunk guys giving her a ride and her wolf brother is inbound, will this end well? Yep it ends innocently enough. Props for not going the attempted rape route.

Hmm problem child I can see that, didn't see where her injuries came from but she is pretty energetic. Seems this is a bully chapter. Guess not that ended quick. For a moment there I thought she was communicating through the bird but I guess its just a bird and she is talking to herself, and trying to fly >.>

So thats how she gets scrapes, she jump off of buildings trying to fly >.> Its kinda funny how she is such a ditz especially when she was so excited she made the balloon fly until she realized she wasn't actually flying with it. Actually she is very creative, that donut balloon was genius. Okay she doesn't know how the wind works nevermind :laugh:

This manga seemed to be lacking a clear antagonist, and in strolls indecent exposure man! Fuck nevermind... aside from his free-balling he seems to be a decent enough guy. He at least has standards even if women seem to frequently slap him, he wont go after a high school girl.

This manga is great with the trolling, one minute I think one thing then something else happens and once my expectations have shifted they change again :flip:

I kind of like it, although not to sure where this all is going.

Okay wait... is indecent exposure man a douche or a gentleman? Is he actually pissed and being forceful or is he just trying to fish info out of her about how she snuck in... I can't follow :flip: Hes now being a sensei type figure after... holding her hostage for a room redecorating session... huh?

Oh man romantic setting, an army of birds dropping fucking roses on a forest themed bed, and a 10 year old girl in a 20 year old's body not knowing what she is doing... Yes Jin shouldn't be an "again". Oh she gave the weird womanizer their address? If the mangaka doesn't take the creepy any farther this could be hilarious. If he does... um...I need an adult, and so does Ran :@_@:

Not a bad start, it seems from the first 10 or so pages of chapter 6 the pace should start picking up. A little worried about a certain relationship but so far those kinds of situations have been handled remarkably well. Color me impressed!

Chapter 34

These chapters are so short :crying:

Shizuka is getting proper angry though, that was some awesome rage to behold, and the conversation between Hibi and Jin, was great, Jin telling Hibi that if he fell in love with Ran he'd kill him. poor sap is already in love with her, he just doesn't know it.

chapter 35

So many feels. I have to say that i didn't see that coming, but what a great end to a brutally epic arc.

I wonder how Ran will deal with it, she's not the best at dealing with her emotions, so I imagine it may get a bit messy if she starts subconsciously releasing her power again.

A new chapter is up on the scanlators site, listed as chapter 35.5 so probably just some filler.

Gave it 4 chapters. Not for me.

The main character is an annoying little snot.
The dad and brother are about as memorable as a block of wood.
Plot seems to consists solely of "Funny magic things happen." Which got old quick.
The whole "Elementary school kid shape-shifting into a stacked chick who gets drunk and hit on" thing is uber creepy and just wrong.
And it's boring.

1.5 out of 5.

Back