Honey and Clover

Aydan

[sadht]Honey and Clover[/sadht][sadhl=964]honey-and-clover[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

1-9

This show is good, anime that still has the magic.
How to describe this anime, on one side it is a comedy on the other side ... I could say drama, but not drama like KGNE, more like drama where people are selfless, where the feelings of the person you're in love with are more important than your own. Although this show has comedy, it also has a sad side. Not the sad where people die, cry, hate, but a calm composed sadness.

BTW what type of show is this? TV show? OVA?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this one as well. It's just different, but in a really good way and the music is great.
Gonna continue watching it. It's just so good.

Re: Honey & Clover

I started watching this one myself a couple days ago. The first episode had me struggling to keep up. I think the style and the speed at which it switched through the characters was a bit much and I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch anymore.

I'm glad I stuck it out. I'm up to episode 4 and I am liking it so far. There is more depth than I thought at first and I like the mixture of comedy as well. The fact that the characters want to make others happy is definitely a plus in my book.

I'm really enjoying this one now. I'm up to the current episode 19 and I really like how they have done things so far.
Although the whole unrequieted love thing will get old if they keep it up for everyone for too much longer.

I saw that they are going to be making a live action movie based on this.

ep 20

For the love of god I seriously don't know what is happening anymore. I'm so confused with all those eva like text scene.... ARgghhhh... I don't know where everybody is going to end up, what everybody is thinking, what direction the show will take now... I have now clue how this will end... No freaking clue... not anymore.... Takemoto get some fire under your ass and do something already.... Build a huge freaking castle in the country for all I care just do something!!!

I hope the movie turns out to be good.
I loved Yusuke Iseya in Casshern. I don't know the rest.

Yup I'm in agreement with you. I think episode 20 served as a means to throw everything off the track it was on. I will be seriously ripped off if it doesn't have a happy ending, and if it just ends, the way Kare Kano did, I will probably split a few atoms.

And yeah....Takemoto needs to stop being such a sally and do something.

Episode 21

Ok so Ayu could have been a bit more warmhearted and at least gone out and said goodbye to Nomiya when she found out he would be gone for the next 6 months. Maybe she isn't as nice as I thought before.

I guess getting on your bike and riding away is doing something, but thats not quite what I had in mind for Takemoto.

Oh and what happened to Rika? I really dug her character....I hope something happens there.

I sure hope they wrap all this stuff up neatly, there is only 5 episodes left right?

ep 21,
Poor Takemoto, getting a job, but not getting a job. He has all the bad luck in the world. I really hope we see more of him in the next episode. I believe we will see Rika in the next episode.

Just finished episode 23 and now I read that they are stopping at episode 24????

If that is the case then the story will not finish at all. It will just be left as a life goes on kind of ending. Sure I was expecting that but I wanted some sort of conclusion to a few of their romantic interests.

I'm not quite sure what is going on with Rika and Ayu right now either....I didn't expect Rika to take an interest in here. Although she did somewhat meddle with Mayama before when encouraging him to meet with other people about a job.

Do you think they will just do a second season?

Yeah it's going to end at 24.
Boy oh boy, I wonder what they are going to do in the last episode, one can only wonder. I believe that the story is not finished, we'll see how the movie turns out. Maybe they'll make a second series, just maybe. The manga is still going strong so they'll have lots of material to animate.
So who does Hagu love, Takemoto or the demon man (sorry I can't stand the guy). What will she do when Takemoto pops up. Ohhh that alone will make the final episode worth it.

I thought the final episode was decent. I wish there was more to it, like a few more hours with more closure. I just wish there was more of this series, it has been set up well for a second season.....so maybe.

I really liked the mixture of comedy and drama in this series. You didn't like Morita? I liked him for his addition to the comic relief, but couldn't take his character seriously like the others.

This was my first fansub that I have watched episode by episode as it has come out. I think I prefer sitting down and watching things from beginning to end. I'm glad that my patience was rewarded with a good anime though.

What a great last episode, it had me smiling and tearing up all the way through it. Takemoto became what I hoped and dreamed he would become. This was so rewarding for me. He said it so casually in the end, it made me smile even more.

And the credits to the creators are more than well disserved. This show moves to my buy list. I really hope they'll release English subbed versions of the DVD's soon.

And for Morita, the way he used to walk over Takemoto made me a bit angry, but in the end that doesn't matter anymore.
Takemoto can deal with him now, which makes me very happy ^_^

I just finished watching the show based on the feedback I saw here and wasn't disappointed. Just a sucker for well-done "slice of life" shows..

It was honestly a well rounded show that can really draw the audience in. but sadly it ends where it starts right in the middle of things. Im dying for more of it. its one of those things that can keep going, just showing life

I was tempted to watch this but the synopsis put me off, is there really love triangles with a child prodigy (pictures make her look really young, maybe 6 or something?).

Edit: sorry I just re-read it and it says childlike... still does she really look and act like an infant?

So what do you think after the 1st episode?

I love the soft pastel colors and the josei manga character designs. Hagumi is a mystery to me though. She seems like the main female character of Honey and Clover, but she's *not at all what you would expect from a main character in a josei manga. She's silent most of the time, and honestly more like a pet that understands japanese than a normal human being. Yamada on the other hand seems like a perfect fit for me, and I'm thinking the series might shift away from hagu and towards her.

the love triangle that's developing seems like it'll be really weird unless hagu actually starts conversing with people. Will it just be these two guys drooling over her all the time?

I feel so bad for the poor floor mates of Takumi? I forget the silver haired guy's name. They were so eager to have nothing but croquettes for their dinner. Croquettes and mayonnaise? nasty...

Last edited:
Yeah I really liked the animation of it all, Whats Josei though?
Yeah i think Hagumi will be the main character, she actually kind of scares me though! Maybe its those weird eyes... Or the fact she never talks, somehow i imagine her to be waiting in a dark alley with a knife somewhere xD.
I too, think Yamada will become alot more involved later on, probably in a love triangle or something of the sort.

Hahaha, it made me laugh so much when (im gonna go with Takumni for his name but idk really, the freshman basically) invited his friend to have croquettes with him and his neighbour popped out of nowhere like 'CROQUETTTEEESS?!' and then he starts to get all scared about notr waking morita up and 'Oohhh no!' *bash* TOO NOISY XD. Another thing that made me laugh was when you suddenly see through someones eyes and its like a robot, rofl.

Anyways overall I really enjoyed it from start to finish (literally, i loved the intro) and cant wait till next sunday! Hurrah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Noblemage, the schedule for H&C is one episode a day, not a week. Lol.

Incidentally, I found that girl really disturbing and disliked her on sight. Urgh. They took the loli thing way too far with her. She's so dead inside. She's the main reason I dropped the show after like two episodes. Heh.

Back