Angelique ~When the Heart Awakens~

Uniflame

Angelique - When the Heart Awakens

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I just watched the first two episodes of this one. It seems like a typical please save the galaxy anime.

A young galaxy is crumbling and according to prophecy a young girl becomes the etoile to save the galaxy. The queen and her nine guardians start the search for this girl. They ship 100 talented girls to their land but none of them seems to be the one they are looking for. However there is one girl who refuses to take her interview since she is so insecure of herself.

Of course it is that girl, a simple country girl with seemingly no talents who is destined to fore fill the prophecy and save the galaxy.

In the 2nd episode we see her struggling with this fact because she could never be the one. She runs away for her fears rather then facing them, yet she has courage inside of her.

I think this is going to be a rather stereotypical anime about a girl who discovers her talents and saves the galaxy. However I kind of enjoy this type of anime so I might watch it nevertheless because it might turn out quite entertaining

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Angelique - When the Heart Awakens

No one else is watching this?

I now have seen 4 episodes and I was right. We see the typical development curve of an insecure girl to a heroine (all though it is all still in the making). The 4th episode even seemed a bit rushed. But as expected I find it amusing enough to watch in between some other anime.

The fact that it is a dating sim series for girls and it's about as "shoujo fluffy" as you can get, no. It also doesn't help that Angelique's parent company Koei is known for one thing only, pumping out tons and tons of sequels of the exact same game, just with a different number at the end. Like Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, and Angelique (I think there's almost 10 of these).

And yeah, I caught a glimpse of the show. I didn't see any promise, and knowing its heritage, I dumped it pretty quick. I already have a healthy loathing for dating sims/hgames geared towards the loser male turned to anime (Kanon, Air, Clannad, KGNE, Shuffle, etc). Female targeted dating sims are no exception for me.

I am so glad we dont have those games here. I didnt know there even was a game of Angelique.
And I dont really see a lot of romance going on yet, all though we all know who she will be falling for in the end, the other guys dont show anything like that towards Angelique.

Also I find Koei pretty good with titles as Disgaea and phantom brave. Also The game about the Azure Azoth, I really like :)

I am so glad we dont have those games here. I didnt know there even was a game of Angelique.
And I dont really see a lot of romance going on yet, all though we all know who she will be falling for in the end, the other guys dont show anything like that towards Angelique.

Also I find Koei pretty good with titles as Disgaea and phantom brave. Also The game about the Azure Azoth, I really like :)

Koei didn't have anything to do with Disgaea or Phantom Brave other than distroing it in the EU. The true Koei made games are basically one game re-released 100 times with a different number in the title.

hey uniflame, can you help me add this one? :p

Sure thing! *goes to make screens*

Edit: Mailed you synopsis + screens :)

Last edited:

Well, I'm writing a review for this one.

I think it's aimed at kids and young teens. It's soooooooooo sickly sweet and corny that it can't possibly be for adults.

Well, I'm writing a review for this one.

I think it's aimed at kids and young teens. It's soooooooooo sickly sweet and corny that it can't possibly be for adults.

It should be. It's a dating sim aimed at teenage girls. You know, like the ones aimed at teenage boys. The ones without the sporadic h-scenes.

Well, all I can say is, I love your new avatar. Nobody wears chibi like you do, purplemo. Lol.

Well, all I can say is, I love your new avatar. Nobody wears chibi like you do, purplemo. Lol.
Hehehe. She's the most benign one I've used. Unlike the one who eats humans or the one who shoves suppositories up people's . . . or the drunken rampaging giant loli, this one only rams her horns up your . . . if you piss her off. :laugh: Wait, :!!: Maybe one of these days I'll pick a normal character to be my avatar . . .

Back