Banner of the Stars II

VivisQueen

[sadht=Seikai no Senki II]Banner of the Stars II[/sadht][sadhl=115]banner-of-the-stars-ii[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Initially for FYAB discussion (this is a public forum, so obviously anybody else can post whatever their opinions are as well)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ep 1:

@_@ Seriously, what kind of fucked up beginning is that???

How can they have Jinto dying and not explain it at all???? And Lafiel has a brother? WHAT?

That episode was a lot to swallow, especially for someone who hasn't seen Banner of the Stars I. Lol. Although I'm loving the whole drama aspect of the whole thing. Lol. I hope it gets epic soon!:laugh:

Ep 1:

@_@ Seriously, what kind of fucked up beginning is that???

How can they have Jinto dying and not explain it at all???? And Lafiel has a brother? WHAT?

Episode 1:

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there.

I really have no idea what is going on with Jinto, I was hoping that they'd at least offer some explaination, as right now I am just thinking "Huh?"

Episode 1:

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there.

I really have no idea what is going on with Jinto, I was hoping that they'd at least offer some explaination, as right now I am just thinking "Huh?"

What Im guessing is that its one of those 'Here is the reality' situation and then it flashbacks to how it got to be like that.

I hope.

Ep 2:

Oh god, I really, really, really do not like the direction of this show...

PLEASE DON'T LET IT END WITHOUT A LOVE AFFAIR!!!

EDIT: Anyone else finally realised that this show has ecchi in it? How many slow boob-shot pans and cheeky panty shots does this show think it needs? I was noticing it even from Season 1, but I think, judging by the previews, that it's gonna get a bit more blatant in the next episode. Which is kinda gross, considering
most of the women prisoners are meant to be victims of sexual abuse.

Ep 1:
My impression is that the strange beginning of the series, with Lafiel hovering over a shriveled Jinto, is a foreshadowing.

Ep 2:
LOL Lafiel: "We'll starve them, and then blow away the atmosphere if they don't settle down."

Ahh, she's so sweet.

Ep 2:
LOL Lafiel: "We'll starve them, and then blow away the atmosphere if they don't settle down."

Ahh, she's so sweet.

Episode 2:

That was very amusing indeed. Also, Veev, that was very interesting, lets hope they don't get too heavily into that =X. Although, there is some promise so far for some very interesting situations.

Episode 3:

This has got to be the worst episode throughout all the series.

The T&A shots throughout that discussion were obnoxious: hey, she's a feisty lady leader - let's riddle the ocnversation with titillating shots of her so nothing she says can be taken seriously! Yay!

And judging by how boring that entire discussion about evacuating the prisoners was, I can even see why. Enough of these stupid humans, already, where are the Abh? Where are the nobles? I'd even take space battles over this monotonous pimping.

Episode 3:

This has got to be the worst episode throughout all the series.

The T&A shots throughout that discussion were obnoxious: hey, she's a feisty lady leader - let's riddle the ocnversation with titillating shots of her so nothing she says can be taken seriously! Yay!

And judging by how boring that entire discussion about evacuating the prisoners was, I can even see why. Enough of these stupid humans, already, where are the Abh? Where are the nobles? I'd even take space battles over this monotonous pimping.

Ep 3:
I personally enjoyed all those T&A shots...:drool:

The conversation was actually pretty interesting. It brought to light a variety of ethical/social dilemmas unique to their situation. The one guy wants to stay and build a society, but he knows he needs women. But the women want to emigrate. Jinto proposes an Abh technology solution, and all factions gasp in horror (Jinto himself displays a repulsion to the idea). It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out.

The one criminal guy really didn't participate in the conversation at all. Makes me think he's up to something.

Episode 3:

Eh, it was alright I guess.

That discussion was very long winded and that outfit unbelievably revealing, I have to question whether that's even functional clothing. Anyway, hopefully they will get past this and introduce some more interesting crises (ethical/social dilemmas are interesting to some extent, but the Abh are so much more interesting imo).

Ep 4:
Yep, the quiet criminal was up to something...

Viva la revolucion!

And that enemy fleet will most likely stumble upon the prison planet, resulting in a space battle for Lafiel, while Jinto contends with rebel forces. I'm not really liking the idea of the two of them separated like that, but it seems like that's the direction the series is heading.

Anyone else notice the "star trek" sound effects in the background on the spaceships?

Last edited:
Ep 4:
Yep, the quiet criminal was up to something...

Viva la revolucion!

And that enemy fleet will most likely stumble upon the prison planet, resulting in a space battle for Lafiel, while Jinto contends with rebel forces. I'm not really liking the idea of the two of them separated like that, but it seems like that's the direction the series is heading.

Anyone else notice the "star trek" sound effects in the background on the spaceships?

Episode 4:

No, I didn't really notice any Star Trek esque sounds in the background.

Well, if you ask me it was pretty obvious that he was up to something, and those prisoners would be pretty pissed off that they didn't get an offer to leave the planet. Thus, there's even more fuel to feed the rebellion fire.

Episode 4:

I did notice the Star Trek sounds! :D I'm glad I'm not the only trekkie in town. Hahaha. The entire score - including the music - is very Star Trek, in actuality. Regarding the series:

It was a very mixed episode. I enjoyed the bits iwth Spoor and the twins, the rest was kinda meh. I'm just not getting into this moral dilemma with the prisoners... mainly because I'm not seeing what the problem is. I agree with you, Noein, I'm not liking this separation. Doesn't leave much chance for romance.

Episode 5:

A decent episode. Ended far darker than anything else previously. Hmmm...

Last edited:
I agree with you, Noein, I'm not liking this separation. Doesn't leave much chance for romance.

That's what you'd think! Just give it some time, romance is definitely there. I gave BotS II a perfect score for a reason. ;)

I hold you personally responsible, Fireaxe, if I get disappointed. Lol.

Episode 6:

Woah. That Abh vengeance threat was bloody freaky. Things just turned a lot cooler.
Still wish they'd taken less time building up to this kidnap and got to the point quicker.

Episode 5:
I'd definitely agree that this one ended a lot darker than the others, pretty good episode though.

Episode 6:
That threat they issued was so cool, I sincerely hope they continue with this trend.
I wonder how they're going to resolve this kidnapping, at least there is some action now, there wasn't that much before.

Back