Ookami Kakushi

chii

[sadht]Ookami Kakushi[/sadht][sadhl=2760]ookami-kakushi[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

I haven't watched it yet but I will be soon. heh. I've heard not much for it so far so i'm hoping it might be good

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i might follow this one. not too thrilled with the characters but the plot and setting might be strong enough to carry the weak cast... i don't know, we'll have to see. The lead is just some androgynous bishi who seems to be sorta gay... or may be a siscon; not sure. clearly he's not going to be fun to watch and i could see him killing the show.

outside of the androgynous-bishi (possible) siscon, we have the prototypical "broken loli" sister with a brother complex (or she's just creeped out about her brother's siscon tendencies... not enough to tell yet. lol)... throw in the inexplicable and possibly yandere love interest, with a nice dash of mystical weirdness and it might be a passable show.

though it dragged at parts this show was stronger then anything else i've seen this season (except Durarara!! and So-Ra-No-Wo-To) and while that sounds like a compliment, it really isn't; as this show looks like it will be bellow average, only in comparison to the junk airing right now, it's standing head and shoulders above everything else (except Durarara!! and So-Ra-No-Wo-To which it is a few steps bellow).

Probably will drop it thanks to what looks to be a weak and annoying cast, but for now I'll watch it.

Last edited:
Ya... this wasn't a wee bit creepy. I also got a Higurashi vibe out of it if you get what I mean. That little chant in the preview... I liked it.

all i know is the first episode is really creepy in my opinion but has made me interested

Ep 1: That was a well-done kickoff. Seemed like a smooth progression from one clip to another.

Boy moves to new town and finds the inhabitants friendly but a little...creepy...

I like the scythe. I hope they do a figure with that.

hijacking is bad

I thought the first episode was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but I didn't think it was bad. I just didn't like the characters that much.

The Scythe girl made me think of Alice from Pandora Hearts. The costume and everything looked a little similar. The OP of both shows are by the same artists btw.

Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Sam and I'm new here. I'm from Portland, where are you guys from?

I'm from Pandora, and you humans call me a na'vi.

Seriously, don't hijack other threads to introduce yourself. There is a whole board for that.

Introductions - Anime-Planet forum

Hated the first episode. It had Higurashi oozing out from every pore, and not because of its atmosphere, they just copied the exact same events. Still, it's going to be a mystery / storydriven show, so I'm not writing it off completely already (or, hopefully it's going to be, the characters aren't exactly exciting enough to make this a character-driven show).

Like said before me, this anime really have traits that are similar to Higurashi; like the "Guy moved to a place where everyone seem nice, but are they really nice?"-setting. I expect to see something from this anime, even though it had a not so promising start.

Hmm, in my opinion this show has a promising start, but like everyone else said this reminds me a whole lot like Higurashi. Well we'll see how it develops in the following episodes~

Weak and boring. I really want to ring that little girls neck. Not the wheel chair girl, the annoying, clingy one. Wow, I can't even remember any of their names :...:

ep 2.

the brother.. the annoying androgynous lead... is clearly a siscon... and the sis knows it, and is creeped out by it.

sad that's the only thing i pulled from the ep.

Nothing really interesting happened in episode 2. When it got more exciting stuff in the last minute or two, it wasn't really different from last episodes ending.

In the first few seconds of the show, when the father was talking, I first thought to myself, "What the hell is Maes Hughes doing in this show?" I guess that character is going to be permanently stuck to that actor in my mind.

Hmm, this episode wasn't very interesting, and it feels to me that the creators are just teasing me with the last few minutes of each episode. Oh well. The next episode looks...interesting...to say the least.

Personally I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Not anything mind blowingly good like Higurashi, but obviously you have to compare the two series based on the similar styles and plots. Though right now, I am hoping it gets a tad bit better.

Episode 3:

AHA! ISSEI IS GAY!---not. So I'm curious as to why Hiroshi attracts the attention of so many people while not that of his closer friends and the class president.

Also, did anyone notice during the scene where those wolf spirits were on the move, that there was a swift flash of tennis-shoes? If those wolf spirits were wearing them it might be that they're inhabitants of the old part of the town. That's my suspicion, at least.

It's getting more involved, and I'm more satisfied with this episode than the previous ones (although I'm still not a fan of Hiroshi).

ep 3.

ok... i think i have a feel for whats happening... so here's my guess

the people of the town are cursed or have a strange disease where they've got wolfish tendencies. the oranges or whatever... somehow counteract some of the symptoms of this curse/disease, who's symptoms i assume include an aphrodisiac like effect. I assume the wolf/people in costumes with the scythe are sort of some sort of spirit wards, or traditional "control" mechanism to weed out the infected people who go too out of control. My guess is the androgynous lead is triggering the aphrodisiac reactions in all the "wolf cursed" people in the town. The only people who seem unaffected are his relatives and the other girl who moved into the town, and the priest/girl pres who lives in the old town and apparently wields a scythe

that's my shot in the dark.

BTW: why is the only girl who seems to fascinate the androgynous lead completely his sister?

I'm new to the forum

Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Peter and I'm new here. I'm from Lynnwood, where are you guys from?

wow.. ep 6... seems my shot in the dark 3 eps ago was pretty close to the mark.

but it would have made too much sense to actually explain it at the end. so they decide to drag what little mystery out a few more eps. yawn.

Episode 6.

I'm really disappointed.
Nobody died. It would have been great if Hiro or Isuzu was killed. That would have been a good plot twist. I was really hoping for Hiro. He's so lame. I hate it in animes where a weak, little guy doesn't have to do anything, and a girl falls in love with him.

Back