Elfen Lied: In the Passing Rain

S

Shinji103

Elfen Lied OVA

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I guess this goes under general anime since this is only a single-episode thing. I just wanted to clear up a misunderstanding that most likely surrounds this episode:

First of all, this is not simply an episode for Nana fans, which is the impression I got from the trailer. I'm sure that there are Elfen Lied fans out there who aren't downloading the extra episode because of the idea the trailer gives you.

Second, this episode is most definitely recommended for any Elfen lied fan as it answers two big questions never answered in the TV Series,
why Lucy didn't kill the director guy in episode one, and how Lucy got caught by them in the first place.

I highly recommend this episode to all Elfen Lied fans out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's either called

Elfen Lied Extra
Elfen Lied Special
Elfen Load OAV/OVA

and is the 10.5 ep per say

I was slightly disappointed with it. I don't want to say it was a waste, b/c it did give some background to one of the leds, but personally I would of liked to of seen a continuation after the last episode, instead of what they did which seemed almost non-productive coming so long after the series ended and fitting between episodes 10/11 or 11/12. I know die hard fans might enjoy it, but i felt it was a let down.

I liked it overall, but i think
the suddenly giving lucy, the homocidal and hated, another beloved friend that she sacrificed herself for who just wasn't really mentioned seemed a little like just throwing something in for explanation, and IMO it detracted, just a tiny bit, between the childhood thing between her and kouta. Good episode overall, but some not as good as many of the regular episodes, and had a bit of a "Oh yeah, we should make up some kind of explanation for this stuff" feel to it.

I thought it was pretty boring. Sure it was nice to see some new backround info, but other than that there was nothing that I felt was good about it. Clearly the worst episode of the series.

Hey, last comment 17 years ago? Anyway, entirely skippable OVA, it was super awkward to watch and doesn't really have a story either.

Back