Bakemonogatari

First episode was pretty damn good. Still no clue what the show is about lol. I will of course have to rewatch the first episode when a subber picks it up, so I can read all the signs and dialogue that popped up.

First episode was pretty damn good. Still no clue what the show is about lol. I will of course have to rewatch the first episode when a subber picks it up, so I can read all the signs and dialogue that popped up.

first ep has been subbed for a few days... we're sorta waiting on ep 2 now. I had to rely on the gf's half assed translation for ep 2. lol

first ep has been subbed for a few days... we're sorta waiting on ep 2 now. I had to rely on the gf's half assed translation for ep 2. lol

Yup, I know. However the only subs I saw for it did not translate all the signs and writing (anon). However atm I just found that qq Fansubs & II-subs released the first episode so I will see if they did the signs.

This show confused the crap out of me in the first episode. It was nice visually but sometimes i dont like having to sit there and think....."WTF IS GOING ON!"

i must be getting lazy but ill move on.

ugh, reading all those signs on my TV is painful when watching qq's version because they subbed most of the signs with small text.

This strikes me as Zetsubou Sensei crossed with higurashi almost, just a bit less violent.

Episode 2

I can safely say that this is the first mindfuck / random / abstract anime I've seen where the storyline is actually easy to follow, while still confusing the hell out of you. I APPROVE!

ep 2

i thought the whole "weight" crab was a clever concept... at least how it was explained in this ep. It took some of her emotions because they were too much for her to bare at the time it met her and it took her physical weight because it saw them as the same thing as her emotions. that it was a play on words is even better. this whole ep was pretty funny, from her teasing him to the punchline at the end... when he found the weight crab as a "price" made him 45 kgs heavier... "these gods are a sketchy bunch" indeed... lol...

after the hinting now i want to know the details of what he had to help the other girl with (the one in ep 1 who was helping him with paperwork)... their hints at it were of the type to confuse more then help illuminate. she came across a cat? that was a pretty vague comment.

btw: the crab looked sweet

and yes the subs are out

What to say, what to say?

Um, I'll have to agree with an earlier post. Easy to follow but still gives you a genuine mind-fuck. The way she toys with him... I feel pity for him :laugh: Even more pity after seeing what those twins were doing to him :laugh: Were they twins?

I just watched the second episode. This show is fucking awesome! This episode just sealed the deal for me, this is, so far, the best I have seen since Xam'd. I need more more more!

Lmfao his sisters were hilarious. I don't think they were twins either, one looked older. Just rewatched it, the one in yellow was calling him Nii-chan, the one in the Kimono was calling him Onii-chan. Looks like he is the middle child.

About the class rep, reading the subs, there are three different people, the line is translated as "You think too reckless Araragi-kun. Did something nice happen to you? Shinobu-chan and the Perverted Cat attacked you, and Class Rep-san with malicious intentions, but this crab is different." Doesn't make a whole lotta sense *scratches head*.

Also, (off of wiki)
The series is scheduled to be 15 episodes long but will broadcast only the first 12 episodes. The remaining episodes will be distributed on the official website.

Last edited:
Only seen the first yet.
One thing comes to mind: WTF
The story is really easy, tho some om the stuff oshino said, left me clueless.

Also i love the animation. As always. I'm a big fan of Shaft. Ef and natsu have better animation tho.

vlcsnap1827407.png

ok... i can't claim to get everything that happened in episode 1. this anime isn't subbed... and my GF is an unreliable translator (she tends to get too absorbed to translate for me). This is yet another anime on my GF's must watch list for this summer and i wasn't expecting much as i don't like vampire stories.

that said.. this had a really psychedelic surreal random animation style, that was very reminiscent of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei because of the complete craziness. That said... the animation was gorgeous, the story bizarre in the extreme (from what i could tell) and the main female character was absolutely crazy

she stapled the main character's cheek with a stapler, after threatening to give him a health ledger/joker smile with a box cutter!

totally insane. Definitely look forward to subs, and more episodes. I want to figure out what's going on! I'm lost! lol

i completely agree with the whole Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei feel. thats kinda what kept me through it honestly. But sadly i dropped it half way through the first episode cause at the moment i was also starting Princess Lover which had my attention more.

So was it any good? or should i just leave it dropped.

Opinions? (even though i consciously know theres already 3 pages of opinions -_-)

I found episode 2 to be a very enjoyable experience so you should at least watch up til then to decide.

alright...well. I gave it a good try. with subs and all. and ....

IMMA STICK WITH IT!!!! ^.^

its got a certain charm to it. a kind of psychological mindfuck yet strangely cute charm.

For the first ten minutes of episode 2 i didnt know weather to be turned on or creeped out cause she's just so wierd!

I dont know if she's paranoid or just a bitch she;s just TOO wierd to understand.

I will say that maybe i took it for granted the first half-run through. The animation is done very well giving a sense of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei with a much darker tone. Also theres some fantastic concepts and designs when trying to explain things.

Like everyone else my first reaction was definately : WTF IS GOING ON!?!?! but as i eased into episode 2 the mood slowly started to mesh with me. However im still trying to figure this anime out as i am still o_O.

Overall, great 1st episode, fantastic 2nd episode and i agree. Its a definite mindfucker thats actually easy to follow.

Im gonna stick with it.

PS. does anyone know Shaft's connection with this anime? Is it actually from shaft or is shaft producing it?

I disagree that this is a mindfuck. They clearly explain everything, and the only possible reason I can see for calling it as such, would be the animation and the flashes of Kanji that appear often.

Episode 3

Most of the episode was just dialogue between Araragi & Senjougahara so nothing really much happened until the ending which was great.

Namely:
ahhhhht.jpg

But yeah, despite not much advancement plot-wise it was still an enjoyable watch.

Episode 3

Most of the episode was just dialogue between Araragi & Senjougahara so nothing really much happened until the ending which was great.

Namely:
ahhhhht.jpg

But yeah, despite not much advancement plot-wise it was still an enjoyable watch.

yeah i didnt really like episode 3 honestly. but it was watchable. there were some funny parts but ALOT of dialogue

Back