Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi

B

BTime

Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

excerpt from AnimeNFO

In the year of Tenpō 14, Yoi, monsters from another world attack Edo. Those who fight against them are members of Bansha Aratemesho. In public, Bansha Aratemsho is known as an organization to study foreign books. In fact, they are a organization dedicated to destroying the Yoi. These warriors are called Ayakashi. They gather information of odd events in the country, and are sent to destroy Yoi who appear.

I've been watching the show and it's not so bad. There was a rumor that Lunar was dropping the series, which turned out to be false. So yay for Lunar!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to be honest and say that I just can't maintain interest in this show. I watched the first few episodes and it seemed like a "driving force" was lacking. It certainly isn't bad. I just don't find a shiny aspect to it. The characters aren't really special. The art isn't super. It doesn't have a great subtle humor. I'm going to say it is a watch it if you can't find something better sort of show.

Mmm?
It's kinda odd, but a decent watch, overall.
Not a show that'd have you biting your fingernails and counting days since last ep, but interesting once you got some eps to watch. There were loads 'kaidan' themed animes in the past year, so the choice is broad, perhaps that's why this one may look pale to some.

Name-dropping that nfo site is not going to score you any points with sothis... ;)
Huh?
Who are you talking to?
What site?
'kaidan' is just 怪談 【かいだん】 (n) ghost story, (P)
nothing more >.>
Fits nicely because the term is usually used when authors want to emphasise the 'historic' aspect of the story, as opposed to the usual horā (ホラー "horror") or kowai hanashi (怖い話 "scary story")...

Much like any other Anime site, I check them out for occasional information regarding new shows which don't have descriptors yet. The quote above, while it originated from AnimeNFO was copied by myself from AniDB whom we have close ties with.

Note another post of mine in which I decry a description from AnimeNFO as utter crap and create my own descriptor.

Anime-Planet is my primary home for anime goodness, however it would be foolish to assert that other sites don't have something to contribute.

I'm just saying, it's like going to a synagogue and quoting Hitler or something. It may not be the worst thing Hitler said, or even have anything to do with Jewish people at all, but come on, man. It's Hitler. ;)

Well, episode 25 was just released by Lunar (bless their hearts) and the series comes to a close. Can't say it was the best thing I've seen in the past year, but it was a bit different from the usual shonen series and was overall.. Entertaining..

Thanks to Lunar for bringing something different to the masses than yet another group subbing Death Note, Bleach, etc..

Back