Stellvia of the Universe

Kerghan

Stellvia of the Universe
(a.k.a. Uchuu no Stellvia)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

anyone else likes this show?
i think its pretty neat NICE intro =) funny characters, intersting plot, i dont think earth been gassed by a supernova yet :-D

what do u people think?

Last edited by a moderator:
it has that Stratos 4 or Candidate for goddess feel to it. Its a nice anime but there are better ones in that genre :P..

I enjoy it quite a bit..... I certainly wouldn't put it on the level of Candidate for Goddess (which I thought was absolutely dreadful) or Stratos 4 (which I enjoyed for what it was, but didn't think it was particularly special outside of that). But I think it is a very nice, solid show that is pretty well executed. Definitely a nice addition to the genre.

-Freakzilla

I agree, this is a really solid show with some very good characters... Stratos 4 was amusing to some degree, but overall kinda pointless. It's difficult for me to evaluate because I work on it, but it's definitely up there with the shows coming out now that I enjoy most.

yea its better then strato and candidate but it didnt wow me enough to rank it near Vandread. I'm enjoying the series though.

vandread is in a separate league u CANT beat millions of hot babes in skimpy outifts on a rampage :laugh:

I don't know why, but every time I see the scene in Ep 19 where the 4 girls start crying, it just cracks me up. I know it's not supposed to be a humorous scene, but it makes me laugh every time.

I'm SO glad that it wasn't me who resurrected this thread. ;) :laugh:
This is a real gem among anime-series.
Humanity's fate is hanging on a thread... twice! And the unlikely heroes pull it off. As if there were any doubt.
:smile:
I can only say that this series made my whole week! Was recommended it this tuesday and am now finished. I couldn't stop watching! But I had to sleep and work so I had to suffer some interruption.

A very nice and solid series in my opinion. Not a dull moment through 26 episodes. A bit of drama, tension and a lot of laughs and tears... a LOT of tears (but mostly from one character who definitely needed a hankie).

There was a lot of really developed characters around our heroine Shipon and all was interesting in their own way. Not just put there to fill out the cast, but real characters that you got interested in.
Good animation, sound and music made it a pleasure to watch.

Perhaps someone else will do a deeper analysis of the series but I think it is worth more attention than it have received because it is very entertaining and the story is solid enough to keep you glued to the screen and wanting just another episode...

In my book it probably will hit the top 10-list just out of sheer entertainment value.

Rinnas hair was interesting... I wonder how much spray she used every day to keep it up like that. :D
rinna-kazamatsuri.jpg

I really liked it as well. Only minor downside imho was
how Kouta and Shima's relationship was kinda... rushed(?) especially towards the end.
Too bad the second season was cancelled... Disappoint.

Oh? Was i cancelled? I didn't know. Do you know why perhaps? Didn't it sell good enough or what?

I agree, it seemed a bit rushed, but that's not new to anime, I've seen it in other series. The producers suddenly realised that they were running out of time and just scrabbled it together just to finish it off.

Well, I heard it was cancelled by word of mouth. Ah, According to wikipedia, "...a sequel was originally announced for 2005, but was canceled after internal difficulties."
I really like this series though. I was reluctant at first because I don't really like mecha and war and whatnot but it was really sweet. I also like how it somehow manages to fuse all the school life, slice of life, mecha, romance, drama, sci fi and coming of age elements.

Last edited:
The basic plot was good but the pacing was way too slow and I was losing my interest with each new episode. And then it just ends...

Back