Skip Beat!

DemonRoach

Banned
[sadht]Skip Beat![/sadht][sadhl=2141]skip-beat[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Wooo woo woo~! This is my kinda of anime. Funny funny. Gist: Guy wants to become idol, guy brings the girl [who his family has been taking care of since she was a kid] with him. Turns how, she hears him saying that he only brought her to take care of the house while he is in tokyo [to his sexy manager]. Woo woo sounds like comedy to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Skip Beat

I'm watching it. I'm going to watch episode three tonight. So far I love it. It's really funny.

It's kind of like Itazura na Kiss - same kind of obsessive, funny humor. I'm liking it.

A lot of people seem to like it. So, your single opinion does not apply to everybody.

i tried watching the first ep... failed. i fell asleep. well i wasnt really interested either. i try it today again and if i still think boring ill drop it for good :)
also this is a bit too shoujo for me... also why do i always think that the bishounen characters are so ugly?

I've found it to be mildly funny so far. At least the female lead isn't moe as is usually the case with this plot.

Last edited:

Itazura na Kiss is trash though.

The first eight episodes were great, but after that it went downhill. The main problem with the show is Kotoko's submissive attitude and the cold-hearted personality of the male lead. It's hard to like either character - the one acts like a slave, and the other, between rare bouts of compassion, displays the behavior of a royal scumbag.

I don't personally love the style, but the content is hilarious, reminds me of Ouran and Yakitate!! Japan. I think the guys are good looking, not my favorites, but that's mostly cause I find the art kinda bland. A keeper for this season for me.

i do too. I just heard this was recently liscensed though, so I hope we continue to get our subs =(

Chihiro Fansubs said:
“I’m working with TV TOKYO to bring you the best anime titles immediately after broadcast! Starting January 8th, we’ll have the newest eps of Naruto Shippuden, Shugo Chara, Skip Beat!, and many other titles on CR with english subs for ppl everywhere possible (with some exceptions like Japan)”
- Crunchyroll

In other words, Skip Beat is licensed. Back in Chihiro v1, we did sub Geass, I know. However, our staff as compared to then is completely different, our subs are completely different, and we have a different outlook on things.

On the other hand, there is no indication as of yet whether crunchyroll will be subbing the episodes that air until January 8th. As such, unless the situation changes, we will sub until episode 13, and then drop the show.

Also, no complaints of “Oh, their TL sucks! Oh, their timing sucks! Oh, you suck for dropping it!”, etc. We exist to provide subs to shows, not to out-do anyone.

Chihiro will continue subbing until the 13th episode. After that we'll need a new subbing group to continue it. =(

Alright so Skip beat 8 has been subbed.

This series just gets better and better. I'm stoked that Kotonami (Mo-chan) is back and I love how she's been added to the Love-Me section xD; I was laughing so hard the instant she accepted it. I find that child fairly creepy, although I'm interested in her past, you kinda get a general gist of it from the episode. This series is superb, I find myself desperately waiting for the next episode every week.

this series was a Knock-Out!!!
i Totally love Mo-chan demonic aura hehehhh....
i beg to disagree to those who said its getting "lame" though after all it's not just right to show just how she would evolve along the way but also the people aroung her asa well right { that part was clearly readable, indeed#_# } but where's the fun without it right?

" licenced?! in CR?!?... but i've just watched till episode 9 'in marathon mode' and its still not... hehehe.... and i just can't wait till the next

Oh my god.

This might just be the best series this season imo.

Just finished episode 10

Just wow Shou was there. haha omg like usual this series just leaves me dying for the next episode. I want to know the questions DX fucking hell. The wait just may make me read manga, something I don't do o.o;

WHY IS THIS SO GOOD.

When I first started this series I almost dropped it halfway through the first episode. Now I just can't get enough.

yahh!!! surely a knock-out!.... i'm on the process of reading the manga...

...and you sure can't get enough of it once you started!!!it's been 2day on going, just stopping 2 sleep, and little doing of house chores, and i'm so hook-up.. when i think about it, i'm just eating b4 going 2 sleep!... "huhuhuuhhh! i'm that addicted with it" and it's really gonna get pretty must interesting with the upcomming episodes (^_^)

I need to watch episode 10. I'm finally finished for this college semester, and know I have some free time. The two shows I'm watching this season, is this show, and Chaos;HEAd. Both of them are great shows.

It is a shame that Chihiro is going to drop this, but some other group is going to more than likely pick it up. Even if it isn't, at least we will able to at least watch it. I don't like chrunchyroll, but I'd rather watch it on there, than not be able to watch the series at all.

I'm still on the fence about this series. I don't get the whole idea behind the "Love Me" section. Why is it that women have to be subservient and completely selfless in order to be considered female? I mean, the girl has been used and abused her entire life and the big lesson they are all trying to teach her is how to continue to be used and abused? It doesn't really seem like character growth.

Not that I hate the show, I mean, I'm watching aren't I? I just don't get it. It may just be a cultural thing. There are some really funny moments, and episode 10 was a real eye opener.
OMG! Ren is Corn! That is so amazing! But why is he so mean to her?
I really want more backstory about her mom and family. I think it would help everything make more sense.

Back