Akazukin Chacha

G

Grumpy

Akazukin Chacha
Alt title: Red Riding Hood Chacha

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I know this series by akazukin cha cha, I really loved this when I was young. So what do you think? Will it ever come out on DVD in the west?

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a very cute series if they ever did release it i would get it for my neice and nephews (i have a new nephew :love: James Walter :duck: 9th sept at 10:50 am at Bunbury St John of God and he alrdy has dbl chins just like his daddy :balloon: )

is this series anything to do with bulleta? red riding hood caught my eye

BoredomBunny said:
is this series anything to do with bulleta? red riding hood caught my eye

No. They were likely both inspired by the same general Grimm tale, but other than that, this anime has nothing to do with any Capcom characters. It's a comedy shoujo show.

As for it getting licensed in the US... I wouldn't rule it out, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Couple of reasons:

1) Very long show.

2) Targeted towards young kids (not saying that adults couldn't enjoy it, but the larger anime licensing companies tend to focus on more late teen/adult titles).

3) It's a shoujo show, which further limits its audience in the US... A shounen show has a larger chance of getting picked up to cash in on the DBZ/Yu-Gi-Oh "OMFG LETS HAVE PPL FIGHT LOL ROFL PWNZ" craze.

Wow, this brings back memories... ^^; It was a great funny show. I think we're subbing enough stuff in this genre with Bomberman Jetterz (which is also great, no matter what people say! >.>), though!

The show has been subbed I believe, although not digitally... I think I've seen a pack of all eps of it on boxtorrents, likely rips of VHS fansubs.

Also, Live-eviL is digisubbing the OVA, they have 2 eps out ATM.

Note that this show is likely better known by its Japanese name--Azukin Cha Cha.

It's Akazukin Chacha (or Cha Cha or Cha-Cha depending on grouping whims).

It was a great hit... back then. I feel old T.T

I didn't know there was a thread for this show.

I'm with the above poster. Good childhood memories. The entire show is formulaic but it was pretty hilarious.

Back