Wolf's Rain

Mordred478

[sadht]Wolf's Rain[/sadht][sadhl=83]wolf-s-rain[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

OK, so maybe I was a little late to the party with this one, but at least I got round to it. ;-) I just watched the last of the series and would be interested to know how others interpreted the ending. I have some thoughts but have not yet learned how to indicate spoiler warning so I'll learn that highly advanced ninja skill before I voice them.

M

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Just finished watching Wolf's Rain...

[spoiler] SOMETHING HAPPENED IN THE SHOW [/spoiler]

The ending of wolf's rain was definitely
one of those "wtf?"
endings.

I saw it when it aired, and was uhm, well... I didnt know what to say...

It certainly was
really depressing
. I sure did have to think about it for a while.

I remember thinking to myself, "Not another stupid ending!" as I had just finished watching Samurai Deeper Kyo before that as well. Prime examples of an anime with too many cool characters and not enough done with them. I can take a lot of character development and plot but after 20 some episodes there comes a point where I start yelling at the TV, "Would somebody just kill somebody already!? Throw me a bone here." >: ^ )

@Micky: I think you really need to watch the Wolf's Rain OVA. Seriously.

Hmm... There was an OVA? *Runs off to look for it.*

Hey yeah, I should get that! Thanks for the tip.

4 extra eps are considered as the ova...

Ahhh, okay. Thats probably why I never heard of them, just four more episodes tagged on at the end, thats kind of different. I'll have to hunt those down.

Itll be extremely hard going after the ovas. My cousin had a handful after missing Ah!Megumi-sama ovas while it aired. Just saying.. I havent personally seen the ovas btw.

gotta say that i agree with you sevencreature.

The anime wasn't amazing or anything but the ending was very fitting for what it was.

I thought the ending was very sad, as a commentary on the tragic cycle that our species is doomed to go through, which the series was meant to be. Thus, the ending was the logical conclusion of all the choices, words and deeds of the characters throughout the series: that in the end, paradise is always lost, you always end up back where you started, and hence the search for paradise is, ultimately, futile. Sure enough, no sooner had paradise been re-established, than one tiny taint, the wolf's eye of Lord Darcia, embodying the innate imperfection of us mortals which eventually brings down all paradises, poisons that newly minted paradise, and in the final shots of the series we find ourselves back in the same crummy, bereft, depressing world we started out in.

M

mmm

maybe I'm the only one that didn't see it that way.

But I thought that he did find it and that was his paradise.

I haven't seen the OVAs, but I was a bit disappointed with the very end of the series, as I felt it kinda pulled a non sequitur right at like the last 5 minutes.
In other words, I think the show should have just killed everyone off at the end leaving me sad and angry, rather than tacking on that last scene and making me confused and angry

I thought the show was good for the most part.
I'll give the ending a solid "meh", however.

I thought the series was good but the ending was awesome, I found it really sad.

@Sandineyes: You should really watch the OVA's

I thought the series was good but the ending was awesome, I found it really sad.

@Sandineyes: You should really watch the OVA's

Quoted for the greater truth. I liked the ending and I see it just as Mordred stated it. A continuous cycle of despair.

Back