Wanna be the Strongest in the World

Re: Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!

Why all the hate on the Frog Punch :(

Hey, I love the Frog Punch. And Aoki for that matter. But it's a very comedic technique, so of course I laugh.

The same can't be said for anything on this show, though... roughly three/four moves repeated ad nauseam and none of them are the very least interesting...

07:

Why are wrestlers from different gyms all fugly thug gorillas? Making your blank wall "heroines" purdier by contrast doesn't make me root any more for them, Ecchi Wrestling.

How can it be below sub-par ecchi wrestling if half the people Titty Wrestler fights are female gorillas? Nobody wants to see a bunch of apes in their already lackluster show about moaning crotch shots.

It's the cheapest and most superficial of bullshit. We're supposed to route for the girls from Berserk because they're all attractive waifs fighting the big ugly gorilla women. I just don't get who would ever find that exaggerated moaning attractive even if you did somehow enjoy the repeated ass and crotch shots. The art sucks and they use the same handful of shots over and over again.

I got tired of the moaning before she started winning, except it takes her half the series to actually win something. Kinda hard to pinpoint much of anything prior to her winning streak of 1.
Totally not a spoiler because who watches this shit for plot?

Between this and Bleach, I'd take the gun.

That's the revolving piston pistol. The gun is the Gundou.

Episode 9:

Moe is fucking annoying as hell. This show is awful enough without adding her to the cast of moaning bimbos. We even get to hear plenty of Moe's moaning this episode which made her even more annoying.

Rio is the a shitty pro wrestler. Everyone talks about her like she's the battle hardened veteran, but so far we've seen her beat a spoiled pop diva with a week's worth of training. This episode Rio gets knocked out by a kick from a complete noob and then gets choked out by same match crasher. It pretty much makes her look like all bark and no bite.

And then there's the amazing 1 and 66 Sakura that has somehow become the center of pro wrestling with everyone so eager to wrestle her that they are crashing her matches. I also like that Blue Falcon wants to wrestle Sakura for the exact same reason that Rio did. The anime has already done the "you're not taking wrestling serious enough arc," but apparently it's out of ideas and is just going to do it all over again. Apparently having a massive losing streak makes you a popularity magnet in women's wrestling...

This episode was just fucking painful to sit through.

Episode 9:

Oh great, new additions to the cast, all very nuanced and with fresh characterisation. This really made the show even better.

Wrestling fans seem really nice and devoted. I mean, as long as they are entertained they will stick with their chosen candidate, no matter what. How incredibly touching. Glad to see that there seems to be no such thing as fair weather fans in Japanese women's pro wrestling.

Other than that, there were some crappy intrigues and Moe coming to the realisation that being thrown 100 times in a row is tougher than karate, like that ever happens in a game. Berserk is quite the cruel place, putting their prospective recruits through such an awful hazing ritual under the pretence that it will help them. They should just make them sit in a Boston Crab for five hours instead since that is much more indicative of what the sport is actually about.

Episode 9

New girl: Crap
New nemesis: copy-paste previous + overpowered mary sue
to top it off she beat the prior nemesis without breaking a sweat just to make her seem as overpowered as possible.

Episode 10:

Well, it looks like Moe brought karate to wrestling fight. Those kicks and punches looked like they had no power to them at all when animated that way. However, the worst thing is how much nerve this show has. Apparently Karate is a sport for wussy little girls with no stamina. So we start the episode with an extremely lame match, but that's to be expected form this show.

What I didn't expect is for the writers to be taking lessons from Samurai Flamenco with the stupid fucking plot twist at the end. The Sweet Diva plot has barely been hanging on to any relevance in this show, and now I'm supposed to buy that Blue Falcon is actually Elena the whole time? Or was it the other chick and Elena then switched places for the match? I suppose it has to be the former otherwise the last episode made no sense.

Of course Elena is going to be super strong because she's totally been training day and night on top of all her Diva performances and after all the bullshit about not taking wrestling seriously...bleah.

10:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh god. That twist. So all those super shitty Sweet Diva segments were meant to be build-up for this crap?
:laugh: Can't handle this.

Favorite line of the entire episode though: "I can't imagine you losing, Sakura".
laugh.gif

Sure, girl.

And then there's the fact that we didn't get even a mention of how Kazama felt/what she was thinking after being KO'd off her showdown with Sakura, she's just standing around and going "yep, this is a strong opponent for Sakura". Most laughable character treatment in the entire show, and that's quite the position to be in.

Also find it terribly stupid how they think sparring with her and red-hair specifically will help Sakura at all. Both of them lost pathetically in five seconds, what's there to learn from that? How to fail hard?

Last but not least, Sweet Diva being considered "world class entertainment"... rofl.

ZetsubouKaiji said:
However, the worst thing is how much nerve this show has. Apparently Karate is a sport for wussy little girls with no stamina.

I know, right? Because karate-kas don't need to train their bodies for shit, all they do is kick and punch randomly and wrestling is the supreme pinnacle of all sports... Just appalling. Not to mention she got tired over virtually nothing.

Episode 10

I knew she was going to reappear in the picture and kind of expected this show to pull this a lot sooner than it did. It was a shitty idea but the fact that She had so much screen time made this somewhat appalling idea have a huge hint toward it from the get go.

And the fact that her voice actress is one of the more expensive/popular ones in the show certainly was a huge hint that she would have some importance later on.

Last edited:

Episode 11

Well that was predictable… So what now? Sakura will get her ass kicked and then in the end will win, Elena finally acknowledging Sakura is better than her and they live happily ever after?! Will stick it out to the end but still this show is shit!

Episode 11:

All the pop idols of the world should just quit and become pro wrestlers because apparently they are all monsters that can change the world of wrestling.

Also, lay off the goddamn moaning when telling a "dramatic story." It completely clashes with the cheesy music.

Human legs don't fucking bend that way, Sakura wouldn't be able to walk, much less do her super special move.

Fucking hell, this episode was a pain to watch. Especially with everyone pretending this is the greatest match they've ever seen.

Episode 11

Wrestling Idols: The Animation,

Kana Asumi moaning for an entire episode, I've certainly heard worse things. Her performance is stupidly good for such a piece of shit anime in terms of writing. Never-the-less I enjoyed watching this cheesy predictable episode full of weird backstory elements.

I can somewhat forgive this anime for existing, simply because it's not so dull as several other anime this season for me.

Just starting 11, and gotta love the scene where the match begins, Elena starts running and suddenly the ring is Captain Tsubasa-sized, because that's one long ass sprint while the commentator says her shitty lines.

Just starting 11, and gotta love the scene where the match begins, Elena starts running and suddenly the ring is Captain Tsubasa-sized, because that's one long ass sprint while the commentator says her shitty lines.

Fully recycled animation like a boss to make the biggest ring ever. The biggest facepalm I've ever made in this show.

Episode 12

Well, the ending was exactly as I expected it to be. Generic as all hell while ending in a feel good manner. They could actually have made the fight longer because the dialogue was so poorly written and generic that I wanted to cry my eyes out. The way they reached the final choice was ridiculously obvious. It was one of the more boring episodes due to how drawn out the ending scenes where. The animation was at least okay this time which seeing the ending scenes being mostly characters talking or a cycled running scene isn't surprising. But during the fight the animation wasn't atrocious due to those cheap tricks during talking scenes.

3/5 ( for an ecchi )
2.25/5 ( normal )

For Ecchi watchers this is for the most part completely watchable even with the recycled frames. For normal anime fans they need to steer clear from this because it has no real value and the sport factor in this is cringe worthy.

tl;dr Basically what I'm saying is: If you've run out of good ecchi to watch this is a perfectly watchable average-ish one.
( unlike an anime that also finished recently )

Last edited:
Back