New feature: browse anime and manga by total status (watched, watching, etc)

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
I've launched a new page that lets you browse anime or manga by total status count - for example, manga that have been dropped by the most people, are being read by the most people, etc.

You can access these pages from the anime and manga homepages - simply click the 'browse by status' buttons in the middle of the pages to see the lists. These buttons replaced the 'browse by studio' anime button and the 'browse by tag' manga button. The studio one wasn't used much (and you can still access studios by visiting the browse studios page, or by clicking a studio name in an entry. Tag browsing is possible from the tag section on the manga homepage, so the button was a duplication anyways.

Check out the 'browse by watched' page for an example!

Very nice. Now I can see what's the most popular stuff on Anime-Planet.

A few things:
I'm surprised D. Gray-man is the top "Want to watch" show, but not at "Stalled" as many watched the dub, and FUNimation still is having trouble getting the second half.

Also I like how OVER 9,000 people have dropped and stalled Bleach.

Good to see Digimon Season 5: Savers in seventh place on the "Won't Watch" list. Nobody needs to watch that. Anyways, great new addition!

Awesome. I love that feature. It gives me an idea.

You considered perhaps getting someone to do a yearly statistical report of AP features? So, every year, someone dusts off their SPSS or STATA or whatever programme and writes up a report on the number of watched, the most popular show, the highest and lowest rated, the number of reviews written, the most popular user/official reviews, the number of shows added, characters added, most/least popular character, also maybe some forum stats e.g. how many people joined, how many posts were made etc etc. And then maybe also compares it to the previous year.

This would give people an accessible and fascinating understanding of site activity and how much the site is achieving for them.

This is an epic feature. To be able to see the conbined stats for a series, it really shows what overall AP likes/doesn't like. I'll check it out and keep up the good work.

Back