Le Chevalier D'Eon

VnTB

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Le Chevalier D`Eon

Indeed, very good (first) preview episode, the thing I'm wondering is,
will the main character be male, female, a cross dressing male or a male possessed by his sisters spirit which turns him into a her a.k.a the gender-bender.

Aydan said:
Indeed, very good (first) preview episode, the thing I'm wondering is,
will the main character be male, female, a cross dressing male or a male possessed by his sisters spirit which turns him into a her a.k.a the gender-bender.

I'm a bit confused too.
I haven't decided if I like the main character yet. It's kinda weird at the moment. I mean, does "he" turn into a "she" physically too? And you are correct, who would me the main character? But as the title suggests, it is probably d'Eon that is the main character. From the looks of it, d'Eon doesn't know how to fight as well as his sister. I would think the main character would be the guy/girl that can fight adequately, because Bernice doesn't seem to be all that strong (once converted of course).

Last edited:

It's an interesting series, I'm going to be watching it. The Versailles court setting is something I really enjoy.

The only thing I have to say is that the animation feels weird. The fighting is nice and fluid, but when they do simple things like running, the animation suddenly gets a tad clunky.

I've only seen episode 2 so far (that's right, skipped 1 because it was... er... *cough*downloading*cough* too slowly). Obviously, I can't comment on story or characterisation yet... except to say that D'Eon himself comes across as a little bland.

I just read the anime resume... I love such stories too, especially about French history (as I live in France), but one thing is really far fetched: Louis XIV lived almost 100 years before the French Revolution started!!! *argh*
Anyway, I might take a look at this anime ;)

The story line for this one is good, it's different as the story sticks to the times and events of the day.

I could say more but then I would spoil it for others

I watched the first 3 episodes on ANime Network OnDemand. They were awesome. All I need now is enough money to continue watching the series.

I just started watching d'Eon... and I was mistaken - the historical background is well preserved - d'Eon is serving King Louis XV and not XIV (there's a mistake in the review)
that explains it *lol*

Hey there.

I joined this site for the sole purpose of posting here a question.

I just watched, and I feel I understood it for the most part, but I feel I am missing something in my understanding.

Would anyone be kind to explain to me a few of the actions of the characters?

What really drove Maximilian Robespierre? I did not understand his change of heart nor his intentions with Lia and D'Eon.

I also couldn't quite see what Marie was thinking.

And don't even get me started on Lorenza and her fellow drunkard happy-go-lucky partner. I never understood where they stood other than them being loyal to Robespierre.

Anyone would like to share this analysis with me? Thank you very much. ^^

I Actually got the second volume of this series as one dollar blind box item from rightstuf. Is this series worth checking out?

Definitely. One of the lesser talked about series that is actually very good. I liked the ending especially, which was quite moving and certainly not of the type 'oh god, what a shitty ending'.

Just started this anime. Only 2 episodes in at this point but I am loving it so far. Looks like it's going to be a great story.

Back