Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

VivisQueen

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Alt title: Gundam Wing

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

No existing thread, seemingly, so thought I'd start one.

Wow, this is quite abysmal. Trawling the Code Geass R2 depths of irrationality and nonsense.

Only another twenty episodes to go. >_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gundam Wing

Gundam Wing is one of the first series that got me into anime. I miss Toonami.
My favorites were Trowa and Duo.

One of the best anime i have ever seen. The storyline is very good, not too much sidestories. I like the Deathscythe gundam with Duo piloting it the best, hence the signature :P.

I disliked Gundam Wing entirely.

I finished it since it had epic hype and ended up being thoroughly disappointed.

Most of the fighting is easily summarized. Gundam flies by in front of 3 or more suits, suits then explode for no fucking reason at all. You don't see a slash or a shot, just boom. It's as if the sheer awesomeness of the suit's design blew them up. Hated that so fucking much.

At least the grunts in Gundam 00 put up a fucking fight, and on top of that, when they get raped you get to see why they were raped. The only reason I believe wing was popular was because of how awesome some of the suits were. Deathscythe was cool no matter how you looked at it. The Heavyarms was pathetic and retarded as it runs out of fucking ammo fast and has to piss itself and run EVERYFUCKINGTIME it fought. The scientist that designed the HeavyArms should be fired. Sandrock was meh, it was as if they needed the token arab suit or some shit. The Shenlong gundam was really cool, and the Wing Gundam was decent.

This particular series would hardly make my top 100 list. -.-; It's a hype driven snooze fest.

Gundam Wing is more for the casual anime or hardcore anime fan that hasn't seen Gundam. It's not the best Gundam has to offer (Zeta and 08th MS Team are far superior), but the designs are more flashy, and the story is not as complex.

Gundam Wing is one of the first series that got me into anime. I miss Toonami.
My favorites were Trowa and Duo.

Yes! This is exactly how I feel except I have to disagree with the favorites. Heero and his Gundam were the most awesome in my opinion although Duo and his gundam were pretty cool too. Trowa was cool except his gundam had a major problem with the ammunition. I think Gundam Wing is a great series to watch if you are watching Gundam Wing for the first time though.

a loved gundam wing when it was on toonami a havent seen it in a long while though my fave was duo he was the best

I disliked Gundam Wing entirely.

I finished it since it had epic hype and ended up being thoroughly disappointed.

Most of the fighting is easily summarized. Gundam flies by in front of 3 or more suits, suits then explode for no fucking reason at all. You don't see a slash or a shot, just boom. It's as if the sheer awesomeness of the suit's design blew them up. Hated that so fucking much.

At least the grunts in Gundam 00 put up a fucking fight, and on top of that, when they get raped you get to see why they were raped. The only reason I believe wing was popular was because of how awesome some of the suits were. Deathscythe was cool no matter how you looked at it. The Heavyarms was pathetic and retarded as it runs out of fucking ammo fast and has to piss itself and run EVERYFUCKINGTIME it fought. The scientist that designed the HeavyArms should be fired. Sandrock was meh, it was as if they needed the token arab suit or some shit. The Shenlong gundam was really cool, and the Wing Gundam was decent.

This particular series would hardly make my top 100 list. -.-; It's a hype driven snooze fest.

I agree with you. I never saw Wing growing up so I decided to check this anime out because everyone was raving how it was the best in the Gundam series. I got 5 episodes in...and I just couldn't do it anymore. You're right how it just seems like the Gundams appear then the enemy is dead. I don't even have a clear idea who the enemy is supposed to be. There doesn't seem to be any sign of a war going on. Just some...kids, then there's that annoying, unrealistic Relina girl. Uhg, I wouldn't know since I've only seen 5 episodes, but this might be the worst Gundam series out there and I haven't even seen all the Gundam series...I just, KNOW. -__-

Gundam Wing is a good series.

Animations a little old, but it's still worth watching if you haven't seen it.

Duo Maxwell, the God of Death is an amazing character, throughout all anime and not just Gundam.

Wing is my least favorite of the Gundam series. They dropped the normaly deep characters of other Gundams for pretty boys who are about as shallow as a piss on the sidewalk.

Like some, I saw Gundam Wing back when it used to air on Toonami, it was my first Gundam. I also saw 0083 not long after it. Both series kind of wore on me as time went on, but 0083 is far superior compared to Wing, at least in the context of the Gundam franchise.

As for worst Gundam series ever...not so much. =_=;;; I would nominate SD Gundam as the worst.

Wing is my least favorite of the mainstream running series though.

Wing is my least favorite of the Gundam series. They dropped the normaly deep characters of other Gundams for pretty boys who are about as shallow as a piss on the sidewalk.

The characters were deep, not shallow particularly Duo.

The characters were deep, not shallow particularly Duo.

LOL. You wait till you see my review.

EDIT: Fuck, I'm so tempted to post it now. But I mustn't spoil the anticipation. Oh Wing, my revenge shall be sweet...

When Duo Maxwell was younger he was a street urchin in a gang of boys, the leader was Solo. Duo and Solo were close friends. Solo then caught a virus that later cost him his life. Duo then became the leader of the boys gang.
The house the gang of boys lived in was being torn down, all though Duo told them to stop, one of the men tearing it down told him the Maxwell Church was going to take him and the boys in.
Father Maxwell,a priest, and Sister Helen, a nun, made sure all the boys were put in good foster homes, except one kept coming back...our beloved Duo. Sister Helen tried to cut Duo's hair, Duo refused. Father Maxwell said "Let Duo have his way." and Sister Helen braided Duo's hair. This was the start of Duo's braid.
Duo always had problems at school. Though he was the top student in his class, (ITS TRUE!) The children of OZ soilders picked on him because his clothes looked different, and they said he smelled like a sewer. He constantly got into fights and Father Maxwell had to go to his school to apologize, but he never got angry in doing so. One day Duo sent them to the hospital, because they said he smelled like a sewer. (Note: The Maxwell Church was a poor church and they didn't have a good supply of things like fresh water.)
The Maxwell Church took in wounded soilders from fighting, the soilders thought because Father Maxwell spoke of peace, that they were OZ spies. Duo said that he would get an MS for the soilders to prove they weren't spies. He may run and hide, but he NEVER tells a lie. So he got an MS for them.
Duo came back and the Maxwell Church was destroyed. He found Sister Helen barely alive. She told him that the church was attacked, but they couldn't leave the church. She also said Father Maxwell and herself, was very worried about Duo when he ran off. She reached her hand up to touch him. Her last words were "Duo....May you have God's blessing..." Her hand never reached Duo's face. She died.
Duo was caught on a Sweeper Ship. The doctor of the ship allowed Duo to stay.
In A.C. 195, the OZ soilders caught the ship. Duo then was told to "steal" the Gundam Deathscythe. Duo, with his hatred of war, wanted nothing to do with the Gundam, but found he had no choice. He descended to Earth...

/shallow character

When Duo Maxwell was younger he was a street urchin in a gang of boys, the leader was Solo. Duo and Solo were close friends. Solo then caught a virus that later cost him his life. Duo then became the leader of the boys gang.
The house the gang of boys lived in was being torn down, all though Duo told them to stop, one of the men tearing it down told him the Maxwell Church was going to take him and the boys in.
Father Maxwell,a priest, and Sister Helen, a nun, made sure all the boys were put in good foster homes, except one kept coming back...our beloved Duo. Sister Helen tried to cut Duo's hair, Duo refused. Father Maxwell said "Let Duo have his way." and Sister Helen braided Duo's hair. This was the start of Duo's braid.
Duo always had problems at school. Though he was the top student in his class, (ITS TRUE!) The children of OZ soilders picked on him because his clothes looked different, and they said he smelled like a sewer. He constantly got into fights and Father Maxwell had to go to his school to apologize, but he never got angry in doing so. One day Duo sent them to the hospital, because they said he smelled like a sewer. (Note: The Maxwell Church was a poor church and they didn't have a good supply of things like fresh water.)
The Maxwell Church took in wounded soilders from fighting, the soilders thought because Father Maxwell spoke of peace, that they were OZ spies. Duo said that he would get an MS for the soilders to prove they weren't spies. He may run and hide, but he NEVER tells a lie. So he got an MS for them.
Duo came back and the Maxwell Church was destroyed. He found Sister Helen barely alive. She told him that the church was attacked, but they couldn't leave the church. She also said Father Maxwell and herself, was very worried about Duo when he ran off. She reached her hand up to touch him. Her last words were "Duo....May you have God's blessing..." Her hand never reached Duo's face. She died.
Duo was caught on a Sweeper Ship. The doctor of the ship allowed Duo to stay.
In A.C. 195, the OZ soilders caught the ship. Duo then was told to "steal" the Gundam Deathscythe. Duo, with his hatred of war, wanted nothing to do with the Gundam, but found he had no choice. He descended to Earth...

/shallow character

Does anybody else understand what the hell this is supposed to mean? Like, is it sarcastic or serious or what?

I havent had the joy of watching any of the older ones as of yet, but Gundam00 doesnt seem tooo bad, i strongly dislike the fighting sequences, but love the storyline/ love intrests...

So i pretty much strongly dislike 2/3 rds of it lol

Back