Steam Detectives

TheCoffeeGod

[sadht]Steam Detectives[/sadht][sadhl=1557]steam-detectives[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]
Since I didn't see a thread for it, I figured I'd make one.

I watched this two years when it was on Anime Network SVOD.
At first, I couldn't get into it, so I turned it on while I was working and half watched it. But by the eighth or so episode it started sucking me in and actually turned out to be a rather good steampunk series. Not one I would highly recommend, but definitely worth at least one watch, especially if you like the older animation look.

Anyways, started watching this tonight to get it off my backlog.

Though I remember the general storyline fairly well, I kind of forgot how it was all set up and the various intricacies of the series.

The only thing I would have liked that was lacking is a little more detective with the steam.

I found a used set of Steam D during a Right Stuf Blow out.
It does have that rather simplistic look. Not bad, actually unique.
looks like Keshin Corps. or Giant Robo, for overall design style.

I don't know if it'll get anyone interested in the series, but Kia Asamiya is a self describe Batman fan. He's also the guy behind Nadesico.

I found a used set of Steam D during a Right Stuf Blow out.
It does have that rather simplistic look. Not bad, actually unique.
looks like Keshin Corps. or Giant Robo, for overall design style.
Yeah, the thinpak did look rather bland.

I myself, winded up with the singles, which actually look pretty good, though I really wish they came with an artbox.
The trifold inserts and fold-out annotated map of Steam City make the singles well worth it though.

Finished up DVDs 3-4 earlier.

:laugh:
I fogot how funny that little tiff between Narutaki and Ling Ling was, and what it was over.

Reminded me of how the simplest things tend to get under your skin in a relationship generally.

Back