Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun

Naga

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East
Alt title: Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Episode 1:

All I saw was a bunch of dudes playing with swords… not to mention a guy who was probably a girl in his previous life… somehow my gaydar went off the charts… I wonder why?
I liked design of that demon… that’s all. Not following this… unless someone really recommends it to me later on…

Last edited by a moderator:
Is nobody following this? I've seen the first 2 episodes and even though it's not that great, best show of the season until now (besides maybe Maoyuu Maou Yuusha). It's pretty much regular shounen, but somehow it has something extra for me. I can't lay my finger on it yet, but i'll let you know when i do.

I'm following this show. The reason is because this looks like an anime I really liked. I also find few characters okay. Some characters give me the creeps, but they give the anime a bump. I think Hakkenden has a plot. Plus there is one character that I really LOVE. Most people will maybe freak out, but it's the black ball with only one eye.

Great! For me, this is still the most captivating show of this season. It's the only show that makes me impatient for the next episode.
Episode 4 was cool. Fuck that insect guy.

Then I'll be the voice that say don't watch it. Or at least don't go into it with so much expectation from the glowing response from Seyren. I honestly don't like it, slow and uninteresting. The only best thing about it is that...
the crow is Eiji from Bakuman. A shockingly good cameo reference once you think about it. :)

Great! For me, this is still the most captivating show of this season. It's the only show that makes me impatient for the next episode.
Episode 4 was cool. Fuck that insect guy.

Hahaha, the insects scare me a lot. I'm excited for the next episode.
I liked how last episode ended, and I think I began to like that soul eating demon, because of his personality. :love: I'm also glad the truth about the woman was finally told. I had a feeling her death was a suicide...

Ep. 02

Two eps. in and not really sure what to think of the series itself yet.

biggthumpup.gif

However, I absolutely LOVE the OST for this!
Especially this episode.
It had a very Renaissance/Baroque feel to it that I just adore!

By episode 10 there is still no coherent plot. This is the most blah anime. Completely forgettable so far. A filler if needed, but don't bother if you don't have to.

Back