Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

Spoiler OP3
In the third intro Shinn and Kira are fighting and they are screeming and attacking one and other... Thou Kira is in "seed" mode.

Kazeumi said:
Spoiler OP3
In the third intro they are screeming and going at one and other... Thou Kira is in "seed" mode.
Kazeumi, you do realize the opening 3 that was just released is a fan-made thing and not official right? You can so tell by how all the scenes in OP3 are recycled from the series and preceding openings with a little twist with Adobe or some program. And the Destiny Gundam doesn't appear in OP3 either. That's a dead giveaway that it's only fan made. The fans didn't have any new material on the Destiny Gundam to show in OP3, so they cut it out entirely. The same with that huge Gundam thing in the 2nd opening. Some fans did something like this back when SEED was airing too. Although it would be nice if the song really was brought in for OP3. I love Megumi Hayashibara songs (I'm pretty sure it was Megumai Hayashibara, anyway). :love:

Shinji103 said:
Kazeumi said:
Spoiler OP3
In the third intro they are screeming and going at one and other... Thou Kira is in "seed" mode.
Kazeumi, you do realize the opening 3 that was just released is a fan-made thing and not official right? You can so tell by how all the scenes in OP3 are recycled from the series and preceding openings with a little twist with Adobe or some program. And the Destiny Gundam doesn't appear in OP3 either. That's a dead giveaway that it's only fan made. The fans didn't have any new material on the Destiny Gundam to show in OP3, so they cut it out entirely. The same with that huge Gundam thing in the 2nd opening. Some fans did something like this back when SEED was airing too. Although it would be nice if the song really was brought in for OP3. I love Megumi Hayashibara songs (I'm pretty sure it was Megumai Hayashibara, anyway). :love:

It was pretty good considering it was some adobe freak. But yeah, the song was from the 2nd opening to Shaman King (from way back in the day), "Northern Lights" by Megumi Hayashibara. Was a nice song though, and entertained me for minute and half it was :D

ReCkLeSs_FiRe said:
But yeah, the song was from the 2nd opening to Shaman King (from way back in the day), "Northern Lights" by Megumi Hayashibara. Was a nice song though, and entertained me for minute and half it was :D
Ah. I'm not a Shaman King fan, so I wouldn't know about SK openings. :sweat: It was a great song though, but Gundam doesn't have a history of using Megumi Hayashibara songs. :sweat:

And it most certainly was a nice piece of eye-candy fanime. :balloon:

i see your point shinji. Don't get me wrong i would LOVE for archangel to join ZAFT, im just saying that the way things are going right now, you just never know. hmmm on the other hand, if they join ZAFT, Kira wont kill Shinn.. oh well you cant have everything in this world.

Lucky said:
Well, they did up the fanservice level quite a bit already, with Cagalli and wedding dress, and all those girls onboard Minerva (what is it with LunaMaria having a miniskirt? Every single on of other females onboard wears the standard knee-length one)

Hmm maybe I should make some time to see that. But I'll probably get irritated again, I'll just have to wait and see. *schedules a mini GSD marathon for today*

edit: lol it turned into a lost universe marathon.

Kerghan said:
i see your point shinji. Don't get me wrong i would LOVE for archangel to join ZAFT, im just saying that the way things are going right now, you just never know. hmmm on the other hand, if they join ZAFT, Kira wont kill Shinn.. oh well you cant have everything in this world.

Ep 13 and 17
They won't join ZAFT cuz Kira says he didn't trust Dullindal. Plus deep down I think he believes that Gilbert is behind the assassination attempt on Lacus, hell, I think he's behind it too. But I can't see them joining the Titans, er, Earth Forces. So maybe they will join ZAFT. But if they do I hope they get the same treatment as Athrun and are able to do whatever tf they want and not be bound to some commander. Maybe Waltfeld will get his rank back and be the white suit officer on the Archangel. YEAH that would be nice.

MrAnderson said:
Ep 13 and 17
They won't join ZAFT cuz Kira says he didn't trust Dullindal. Plus deep down I think he believes that Gilbert is behind the assassination attempt on Lacus, hell, I think he's behind it too. But I can't see them joining the Titans, er, Earth Forces. So maybe they will join ZAFT. But if they do I hope they get the same treatment as Athrun and are able to do whatever tf they want and not be bound to some commander. Maybe Waltfeld will get his rank back and be the white suit officer on the Archangel. YEAH that would be nice.
:smile:

Archangels choices:

I actually don't see why AA would have (or even want) to choose either side. In the previous war, they reached the decision that both sides were tumbling towards mutual destruction and all-around disaster. The same is true of the current situation if Dullindal is some sort of Machiavellian master manipulator (EA is clearly under the hold of BlueCosmos (=neo-conservatives?) and cannot be relied upon). And frankly, there's no way that Dullindal isn't up to something, given his replacement brainless-Lacus propaganda unit and goddamn creepy cut-aways. All he needs is a pet (white) cat and he'll out-evil Gabriel.
You gotta remember, the AA (and the rest of the 3 Ships Alliance) were hardcore idealists-by their very nature, they're not gonna settle with the lesser of two evils. They are looking out for outright victory. Unfortunate, as this time around ORB isn't being run by an idealist (Atha in SEED) but by pragmatists (Yuuna and his dad?) so they don't have any govt backing. Except maybe the whole Kingdom of Scandinivia thing, which was kinda weird.

Snowcrash: You mean Jibril and not Gabriel, right? (There isn't any Gabriel in SEED D)

Episode 18 Thoughts
Episode

Awww, yeah! That's what I'm talking about!! Pwnation by Shinn!!! This episode reminds me of a good ol' Death Star trench run (except this trench was a helluva lot more narrow than the Death Star) :smile: Unfortunately he still hasn't become too obedient to Athrun's orders yet (well, it was more like he just didn't like Connil rather than refused Athrun's orders), but he still got the job done. :smile:

Next Episode Preview

OH MY GOD!!!! MEER ACTUALLY SHOWS UP WITH HER PINK CUSTOM ZAKU!!!! BUT I WAS ONLY JOKING ABOUT HER SHOWING UP WITH IT!!!!!!!!! :!!: :crying: :@_@:

We finally get to see that German ZAFT pilot guy with his Gouf Ignited though, and it looks like we'll get some more background on Shinn and Dullindal as well (YES!!! Shinn focus episodes!!!! :smile: )

Phase 18
Hah Shinn yelling in the cave was awesome...best part of the episode. And I think it's obvious that pink Zaku is only a decoration, you can see it's being held by 2 other MS.

Episode 18
Yeah, Shinn's yelling in the tunnel was awesome, reminded me of his role as Eiji Shigure in Gravion. :laugh:

And I know that the pink Zaku is a decoration, but it still shows up! :crying:

ep 18:

Wow. Someones been watching videoclips of the liberation of Baghdad *a lot* aver at the SeedDestiny offices.
Nice.
A bit unsubtle, but still, nice.

I really liked how Athrun, crusty old war dog that he is, decided not to spoil Shinn the rookie's celebration and happiness at his victory and let him enjoy the adulation of the crowd. The same crowd that was looting and executing. Slightly inconsistent with his smackdown of Shinn a couple of eps ago, but I guess it was alright this time as he got there without disobeying orders/ losing sight of the objective.

I say CuteEthnicKid dies in under 3 eps.

My thoughts on the Meer Custom Zaku:
There is no God.

You do realize that this is not something that is limited to hte latest Iraq war? Pretty much any war that aimed at conquering a region where the invading army has some supporters and is not ethnically local ends up like that - all you have to do is to see pretty much any WW2 video and you'll see the exactly same picture.

bah, i swear the makers of this show created shinn, just so people will have someone to hate, :mad: but in reality he wouldnt last in ANY military for longer then a day. He should be at home watching Nickolodeon, or whatever they have in Destiny universe.

I think the latest episode made that pretty obivious. Shinn is a cliche "angsty teen hero" who is "being done wrong by the world around him" and whos heroism is "misunderstood". In the real army he wouldn't have survived the bootcamp, much less made a pilot of a powerful war machine, even with powerful backing in power structure. Just look at the scene in the briefing room.
spoiler ep 18
Shinn doesn't just openly boast and whine before the entire crew - he actually tries to set up his superior officer, defies his direct orders and does all that in front of a civilian in whos power is to give them crucial data based on her evaluation of them as a team. This isn't insubordination anymore - that's treason. Shooting squad guys have probably reserved a warm spot for Shinn to fall into by now =P
The again, the rest of Minerva's crew is starting to look like a joke at this point as well. The executive officer's "oh, we haven't thought about that" in the middle of the same briefing had me go "WTF?!" Seriously, a god damn second in command on the ship is a pathetic man with an iq of a mentally degenerated person and no officer/leadership training? Then there's "oh I'm so wet for you since you're so powerful, and check out my pink miniskirt that is against all rules for military uniforms" LunaMaria. Right - everyone will definitely be taking her seriously after she marches around in something that looks almost like a pink tutu =P. Then there's "I-will-not-speak-more-then-a-couple-of-sentences-per-episode-since-I-have-to-be-mysterious" Ray. Bleh. Then there are mechanics who joke about sabotaging a Gundam in the open right before the pilot of the said Gundam who happens to be their direct superior as well. And not even a military hearing or a damn slap on the hands - which is understandable since the said mechanics look 15 year old at most. Sigh.
At least they still have the captain who seems to have some understanding and some actual military training and experience. Other then her and the Athrun (and possibly the crew that gets no screen time whatsoever) the "new elite ship" is a zoo.

Lucky said:
I think the latest episode made that pretty obivious. Shinn is a cliche "angsty teen hero" who is "being done wrong by the world around him" and whos heroism is "misunderstood". In the real army he wouldn't have survived the bootcamp, much less made a pilot of a powerful war machine, even with powerful backing in power structure. Just look at the scene in the briefing room.
spoiler ep 18
Shinn doesn't just openly boast and whine before the entire crew - he actually tries to set up his superior officer, defies his direct orders and does all that in front of a civilian in whos power is to give them crucial data based on her evaluation of them as a team. This isn't insubordination anymore - that's treason. Shooting squad guys have probably reserved a warm spot for Shinn to fall into by now =P
The again, the rest of Minerva's crew is starting to look like a joke at this point as well. The executive officer's "oh, we haven't thought about that" in the middle of the same briefing had me go "WTF?!" Seriously, a god damn second in command on the ship is a pathetic man with an iq of a mentally degenerated person and no officer/leadership training? Then there's "oh I'm so wet for you since you're so powerful, and check out my pink miniskirt that is against all rules for military uniforms" LunaMaria. Right - everyone will definitely be taking her seriously after she marches around in something that looks almost like a pink tutu =P. Then there's "I-will-not-speak-more-then-a-couple-of-sentences-per-episode-since-I-have-to-be-mysterious" Ray. Bleh. Then there are mechanics who joke about sabotaging a Gundam in the open right before the pilot of the said Gundam who happens to be their direct superior as well. And not even a military hearing or a damn slap on the hands - which is understandable since the said mechanics look 15 year old at most. Sigh.
At least they still have the captain who seems to have some understanding and some actual military training and experience. Other then her and the Athrun (and possibly the crew that gets no screen time whatsoever) the "new elite ship" is a zoo.
Or maybe you're taking this whole thing just a teeny bit too heavy... :...:

Shinn is hardly cliche, we've had main characters who have had bad attitudes or have had their families killed, but we don't often see a main character with both. Being disobedient to a superior officer in front of a whole room of pilots and a civilian is hardly treason.

Yes, the XO is being stupid, but in battle he's pretty much on top of the loop with his pretty good command of the CIC, so he's obviously XO for a reason. He just needs to stop with all the overexaggerated reactions. :sweat:

The ZAFT military is not the US military or any other military around here last time I checked, so I don't think it's that easy to judge their military uniform style. :...: And I think you're taking her friendliness with Athrun a teeny bit too heavy as well. Although it's obvious she has a crush on him, that doesn't make her a prostitute. :...:

And what's wrong with Ray not talking much? He doesn't talk any more than necessary. Big deal. I used to be just like him when I was in my teens (seriously, I wasn't talkative at all). He certainly talks when necessary, so just leave him be.

And jokes aren't untolerable, even in the military, especially when the officer in question knows it's a joke.

Bottom line, people are taking this show way too critically.

Back