Anime-Planet forum - View Single Post - Kannazuki no Miko
Why register?

make an anime and manga list, and more! all free!

Theme
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
Lucky

Okay, 11 episodes behind me in one go, and I have to say, this show is something else entirely. Seems to be a mix of Eva and Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. Considering that character designs are done in very similar style to the latter, the show has quite a bit of shoujo ai appeal, but the plot is truly something else - angst, mystery and episode 11 ends in one hell of a cliffhanger.
I'd recommend this to anyone who likes a good and angsty show with some really messed up (in a good way) plot twists and plenty of fanservice. I especially recommend it to anyone who liked Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, as it really didn't have any similar shows until this one came out. Especially plot-wise the rather abstract feel that was present in it becomes very powerful in Kannaduki no Miko, which is one of the main reasons why you should overlook the odd things that come in the first episodes, like the "clean" destruction of cities. The show focuses very heavily on the main character and her relations to the two people she loves - the rest of the world is in only for the dramatic effect, which becomes very clear towards the end especially in the last scene in episode 11.

One thing that may turn many people off to this show are the first few episodes. They are only there to set the pace and project the whole "typical cute damsels in distress and big ass robots fighting" image. It gets shattered very nicely and VERY dramatically around 4 episodes or so into the show, where the true eva-esque colors of the show start to come out.

So, anyone having any thoughts on what the last scene in episode 11 entails? Personally I found myself reminded of ending of gilgamesh.