[img] tags are disabled until further notice

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Due to recent issues with a hacker targeting prominent anime sites, img tags are disabled until further notice while we continue to investigate safeguards. If you ever see a popup asking for credentials do not fill it in - Anime-Planet will never request your password using a prompt

Protip: If you normally log in to a website via HTML forms and you suddenly get some javascript type prompt to log in, suspect a trap.

On a related note, everyone should add the following domains to any kind of filtering/blocking they might have (your hosts files ideally, though keep in mind that hosts files are extremely specific, so make sure to add the domains both with and without the www. part); mec-salzburg.at and cifl.de The hacker is currently using the salzburg domain for his hacking and has used the cifl one in the past, blocking these will help protect you from his attacks, even on other sites (at least until he starts using a new domain).

I saw a very terrible hacker post last night in one of the character submission threads. The images were horrible.

*shudder*

I'm glad you guys are taking care of this.

kinda sucks for my Anime Face-Off game but that's okay

I saw a very terrible hacker post last night in one of the character submission threads. The images were horrible.

*shudder*

I'm glad you guys are taking care of this.

kinda sucks for my Anime Face-Off game but that's okay
:nervous: You have my sympathies. Good thing I didn't see any of that.

Re: tags are until further notice[/b]

[quote="r-18, post: 1431701"]uuuumhow do you block a domain???[/QUOTE]

You can add it to any kind of ad blocking or content filtering software (ie, the easy way), or the better way is to add it to your HOSTS file (on windows, I'm sure *nix/mac have something similar). Set the IP for the domain to either 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1.

Oic......which in fact I don't......still not sure what I would do to follow any of those ideas.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anime-Planet.com -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|

[sixth sense voice] I SEE BRITISH PEOPLE -

Is there an option by any chance to set it so that sigs aren't viewable unless post count is 10 or greater? The above is what sothis' sig looks like when i'm not logged in and I'd rather not be able to see sigs when i'm not logged in then see the post count message once for each link/picture in a sig.

It would just make browsing the forums a lot easier on the eyes when I'm not logged in, but it's not a life or death matter.

ah sorry, it's a new plugin i installed (related to this issue) and haven't quite finished setting up yet. will do that tonight

Re: tags are until further notice[/b]

[quote="r-18, post: 1431837"]Oic......which in fact I don't......still not sure what I would do to follow any of those ideas.....[/QUOTE]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HOSTS_file[/url]

is this related to the site being blocked on firefox for the last few days?

Forums were down for me, after I got the malware warnings. (I use Firefox currently.)

Is the "Like" button an

re the "like" button: See the thread in the bugs/requests forum. Short version: It has nothing to do with img tags, is not directly related to the malware issue, but was disabled along with some other plugins while trying to deal with the malware issue. The malware issue is dealt with now, but "like" is unlikely to return, as sothis is working on switching to a different forum instead of this vbulletin stuff that keeps having so many issues. (It's also hoped that the new software will be able to finally integrate site & forum accts, though I don't know any details on that.)

im a bit late in here but i still appreciate the warnings non the less.
I find it sad and pathetic this is how some people spend their free time, but i guess that's just how some people are. Thanks anyway, i will be sure to be extra careful
(fortunately i never log out unless the site/forum goes down which forces log out :3)

DUH!!! I'm feeling pretty stupid because I only just now realized that the IMG tags referred to in the topic subject are the image linking tags ... *face palm*

Back