Anime-Planet forum

Anime-Planet forum (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Specific Anime Discussion (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Fate/stay night (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9531)

TheFluff 01-07-2006 10:16 PM

Fate/stay night

Fate/stay night

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Most hyped 2006? Slow first ep - at this pace, it's definitely going to be 24-26 episodes. Discuss.

Aydan 01-08-2006 05:13 AM

Re: Fate/stay night

I've heard it is based off a game by Typemoon, too bad I never played it.
Other than that I know next to nothing about it.

I have 0 expectations so I might enjoy it.

Ep 01
Ergh, so let me guess, the servant falls in love with her master and/or the master falls in love with his servant, one of them dies making the other go *cry,cry* *enter god mode*?
I'm going to be so disappointed if it's another one of those anime...
I also wonder if armor will be just for show or if it will actually protect the person that wears it.

Stain 01-10-2006 12:01 AM

Don't label it so quickly. This one isn't going to end up the same as Tsukihime as Type-Moon have control over it. And Fate/Stay Night's plot and story line is very complex, although I'm sure not all of it will make the anime, there'll be a great deal of underlying links back to the game that will unfortunaly be lost in the translation of groups who havent had the experince of playing it.
Still, be interesting to see how many will end up doing it, and how many keep it up. I for one am going to enjoy this series thoroughly. :)

Aydan 01-10-2006 03:13 AM

So am I correct to assume that a lot of the deeper/hidden meaning will be lost to someone like me that is not familiar with the intricacies and/or background of the game? Because for someone that hasn't played the game I will only be able to take this anime as it comes out, episode at a time. I can just hope that they won't take all too familiar paths that have been done to death in other anime.

Stain 01-10-2006 07:17 AM

Well that all depends on how well a job they do in making it a anime.
While I hope they don't take the easy way out, and chose the most linear plot possible, I don't expect they will.
And if it is a 26 episode series, as the pacing of the first episode indicates, there should be plenty of time to bring out the juicy details.

But one thing I'm chucking the sads over is the fact the anime isn't likely to have the h-scenes... cos *cough* they were "well drawn". >_>

Aydan 01-10-2006 09:23 AM

yeah I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

LadyArtemis 01-10-2006 03:47 PM

well... ep1 was rather confusing in many ways, at least for me. But definitely looks interesting

Stain 01-10-2006 08:15 PM

Yeah they rushed a few things, and skipped over some less important bits, but it was still good for a intro to the characters. Episode 2 will have the start of the action, and Sabers appearance (though I bet it will be in the last 2min!)

Destiny 01-11-2006 09:29 AM

Episode 1 was a good introduction IMO...Revealing little detail and having a slower pace as a build up to the action-packed one next episode. I would say...VERY interesting and promising...Let's see how this comes about...

LadyArtemis 01-14-2006 11:36 PM

way to go with the prediction

Episode 2:

Liking the show so far, definitely my potential pick of the season (at least so far)