Anime-Planet forum

Anime-Planet forum (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Specific Anime Discussion (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Loveless (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7148)

Wolfco 05-26-2005 07:56 PM

Loveless

Loveless

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Anybody else finding this anime enjoyable if just this side of OK????

The below is not a spoiler, but I don't want anyone one judge this anime based on my own confusion.

Wolfco 05-31-2005 02:35 PM

Cont'ing in my Quest

Hey,
Did I like morbidly offend someone with this post? I just wanted to hear some alternative options. I can't possible be the only person who was willing to give it a try. I know at least a few people are interested because some very nice people are willing to fansub it for losers like me who can't understand Japanese.

HELP :crying:

Lord_Vegita 06-06-2005 10:42 PM

daijoubou

it's alright there wolfco. i was up in mainland japan last month and i saw some flyers for it and thought it looked interesting so i am going to give it a try here really soon ( i have a lot on my platter right now so it might be a while :p). if it's shonnen-ai i know my friend will be all over it since she is a huge shonnen-ai (yaoi) fan.

Karplusan 06-08-2005 02:02 PM

My only question is this: Does this series have anything to do with the show in Final Fantasy VII called Loveless, or do they just share the same title?

Wolfco 06-08-2005 03:21 PM

Karplusan: Not even remotely. I did complete a sort review of the series if you need a rundown. Just check my thread. By the way, the AniRe gives a sort descriptions of each series.

Karplusan 06-10-2005 02:04 AM

I'm sure it is just a naming convention coincidence, but I can't remember the references to Loveless in FFVII to even compare it to your review or the Anime Recommendation Database. All I remember is that somewhere late in Disk 2 Cid says something about it.

nezumichan 07-31-2008 10:44 PM

Re: Loveless

I only saw two shounen-ai anime and this is one of them. I'm a big fan of male+male relationships, but the anime was really good and profound. I love Ritsuka, he struggles so much by himself that I can't help but admire him. Soubi is ok, but he didn't fascinate me too much.

Bixie 07-31-2008 10:51 PM

I so love this series. It's my first show I watched subbed. the characters are wonderful.
I would like to read the manga someday.

NimirRa 08-05-2008 02:17 PM

This anime was the gateway one for me. I did watch My Neighbor Totoro when I was little, but that never motivated me to start watching other anime. I love Loveless. The animation is very dreamlike and entrancing, the music and sound effects are perfect, and Soubi is... Mmm Soubi. :love:

I'm currently reading the manga. Volume 4 is up next. It's drawn well and I'm really enjoying it. I only miss the classic Ritsuka voice when he yells, "SOUBI!" I have to do it in my head whenever I read it. :laugh:

Bixie 08-05-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NimirRa (Post 254704)
This anime was the gateway one for me. I did watch My Neighbor Totoro when I was little, but that never motivated me to start watching other anime. I love Loveless. The animation is very dreamlike and entrancing, the music and sound effects are perfect, and Soubi is... Mmm Soubi. :love:

I'm currently reading the manga. Volume 4 is up next. It's drawn well and I'm really enjoying it. I only miss the classic Ritsuka voice when he yells, "SOUBI!" I have to do it in my head whenever I read it. :laugh:

Oh, I love Soubi too. I love the way he tells Ritsuka "I love you"
I would love to check out the manga someday. I feel you on wanting to hear
the voices. I love the guy who does Soubi voice.:love: