Anime-Planet forum

Anime-Planet forum (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Specific Anime Discussion (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Princess Lover! (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23869)

Xennon 07-09-2009 04:44 AM

Princess Lover!

Princess Lover!

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

It was actually pretty good. I figured going into this, it would be a generic harem, but by god, it was very entertaining. The animation was great, the music was above average. Granted the plot isn't anything great, but the directing was good so that's a plus. I'm sure there is plenty of time for this show to turn into a generic crappy harem, but right now, it is a nice breath of fresh air for the genre.

Quizap 07-09-2009 06:55 AM

Re: Princess Lover!

I concur. I just finished the first episode and was thrilled with a bunch of it. Unfortunately I think this will turn into a common haremish show later on down the road but so far, it is quite refreshing to see a change in this type of series.

EDIT: Watched this again and caught a few things that I didn't catch the first time, was slightly distracted......... ANYWAYS. I don't think this will be a typical harem anymore with a few key words. It could very well possibly turn dark. But instinct tells me it won't.

Xennon 07-09-2009 04:15 PM

How so?

Im waiting for this to degrade into harem crap once they introduce the fourth girl next episode. Hoping it doesn't though.

Quizap 07-09-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xennon (Post 496274)
How so?

Im waiting for this to degrade into harem crap once they introduce the fourth girl next episode. Hoping it doesn't though.

Kinda, it's speculation though.

My spoiler is actually a pretty predictable outcome of a plan that the would be.. you know.. would do. I've been in la la land or wonderland or w/e you want to call it for a few hrs now because I'm so bored. Don't take me too too seriously on this :laugh:

Dralha 07-09-2009 04:57 PM

That was a very impressive first ep.

Wright 07-09-2009 05:58 PM

pleasantly surprised, this seems quite enjoyable.

Xennon 07-09-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizap (Post 496315)
Kinda, it's speculation though.

My spoiler is actually a pretty predictable outcome of a plan that the would be.. you know.. would do. I've been in la la land or wonderland or w/e you want to call it for a few hrs now because I'm so bored. Don't take me too too seriously on this :laugh:

Dude, how are you going to count Maria lol. It's four! One, two, three, four!

And about your spoiler, man I thought that from the moment Hossen apeared.

Quizap 07-10-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xennon (Post 496367)
Dude, how are you going to count Maria lol. It's four! One, two, three, four!

And about your spoiler, man I thought that from the moment Hossen apeared.

LOL! Are you going to forget Primula? Or the girl from Kanon? Or the crazy technological girl in Love Hina? Or the sister in Nogizaka Haruka? Or the weird one in Girls Bravo? :laugh: Of course I'm going to count the youngin! There's always gotta be a young sister like girl in the harem mix!

coyotech 07-10-2009 12:10 PM

Animation was good but it was so so. i bet the maid turns out to be childhood friend

Xennon 07-10-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizap (Post 496748)
LOL! Are you going to forget Primula? Or the girl from Kanon? Or the crazy technological girl in Love Hina? Or the sister in Nogizaka Haruka? Or the weird one in Girls Bravo? :laugh: Of course I'm going to count the youngin! There's always gotta be a young sister like girl in the harem mix!

Watch the op you pedo, there are 4!