Anime-Planet forum

Anime-Planet forum (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Specific Anime Discussion (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Bakemonogatari (http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23784)

azanimefan 07-06-2009 05:35 PM

Bakemonogatari

Bakemonogatari

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

(according to the GF, the title translates to Monster or Ghost Story, though how it's written in japanese the best way to write it in english would be... "Ghostory")

AP Synopsis:

Koyomi Araragi is an aloof boy who holds a strange, supernatural secret which inadvertently leads him to others with similar stories. Gods, spirits and afflictions can be pesky things, taking important memories or causing unusual tendencies – a fact that Koyomi and others are unfortunately aware of. Using the help of an eccentric homeless man, Koyomi is able to help new friends he meets along the way with their own paranormal conundrums…

azanimefan 07-06-2009 05:42 PM

Re: Bakemonogatari

ok... i can't claim to get everything that happened in episode 1. this anime isn't subbed... and my GF is an unreliable translator (she tends to get too absorbed to translate for me). This is yet another anime on my GF's must watch list for this summer and i wasn't expecting much as i don't like vampire stories.

that said.. this had a really psychedelic surreal random animation style, that was very reminiscent of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei because of the complete craziness. That said... the animation was gorgeous, the story bizarre in the extreme (from what i could tell) and the main female character was absolutely crazy

totally insane. Definitely look forward to subs, and more episodes. I want to figure out what's going on! I'm lost! lol

AirCommodore 07-06-2009 08:38 PM

How long does it generally take for subs to get released after each episode?

azanimefan 07-06-2009 09:23 PM

no clue. i don't know if anyone is planning to sub this. remember it took Eden of the East like 2 or 3 weeks before someone finally picked it up to be subbed.

Shame, just watching the Raw and getting my gf's half assed translation really interested me with this one. It looked rather good.

AirCommodore 07-07-2009 12:26 AM

Ahh... That's no good.

azanimefan 07-07-2009 04:57 AM

ok... thank my gf and her hyper otaku self... but she hunted down who's subbing this one... it seems maybe 4 separate fan subbing groups are taking a crack at it.

Frostii, II-Subs, Yuurisan-Subs and Sora...

According to Frostii, this anime will take a lot of work to sub due to a heavy reliance on signs... and written "shots" much like SZS... but they hope to release it subbed soon. With 4 fan subbing groups trying to sub it, this one must be a beast to do considering it's not released yet by anyone.

but atleast we don't have to worry about this one getting forgotten like blade of the immortal was... in mid season...

AirCommodore 07-07-2009 09:06 AM

Yay, that's great news! Thanks for the info.

Scython 07-08-2009 01:38 PM

Well, episode 1 has being subbed by [anon] now.

Quizap 07-08-2009 02:15 PM

Um... wow?

The animation was great, the OP was.. how do I put it, mysterious? I don't know.. The ED was really good with some nice art work.

The psychological aspect of this was really good, it kept me on my toes. Anyways, great 1st episode, I'm looking forward to more of this. Really blew me out of the water since I had no plans of watching it to begin with.

azanimefan 07-08-2009 03:19 PM

yeah.. im glad i got to watch it subbed.. twice through with my gf translating didn't help much... not that the subs help a whole lot for figuring out where it's heading... but really, this anime is quite fascinating... and visually its gorgeous.